[DEV] [ROM] MIUI for the Blade

Guest KingsizeX

Guest KingsizeX

Just to let people know that it is possible to compile this for the blade as I "successfully" (it created the zip file at least...) compiled Miui Patchrom against GB_TELE2_P729VV1.0.0B03-Signed and CM7 Kang 12 Feb.

IMPORTANT: This is just an attempt and should not be flashed by anyone! I leave it as is cause I don't have the time this week to improve this. I am not a rom developer and have no experience with rom cooking, so I post it because maybe someone with experience can give this a shot.

I just followed the directions from the link posted here, all I did was dealing with the errors that I found along the way...

BUILDS

Stock Based Build

CM7 Based Build

STATE

• Stock Based - Not Booting (Loops at COMVIQ Boot Logo)
  • CM7 Based - Not Booting (Loops at CM7 Boot Logo)

MY SETUP

DECOMPILE APK's and JAR's: I used these files to Decompile apks and jars (install apktool as usual and overwrite with these files at /usr/local/bin)

MY MICODE KITCHEN: I used these files to Build (included tools, build folder and my cm7 build directory) -> these folders are the ones you find inside the MiCode folder, you will need to copy the base CM7 Rom zip into the cm7 folder, I took it to reduce zip size.

FILES UP!

To use another rom you will need to edit the makefile to reflect your setup.

Any problem just ask, I'll try to help as much as I can.

NOTES

I had to modify the build scripts a bit because they where created for a samsung phone. There was an error related to a "twframework-res" wich is a samsung specific file for TouchWiz. Our blade as only the common "framework-res".

I also had to had to substitute the apktool with latest version and aapt from the latest android-sdk in order for it to compile.

When preparing files to the build process (Decompiling apks and jars...) I had to use a modified version of apktool for ICS that I found on XDA, the latest build of apktool would give me erros when decompiling some files. But I indeed used the latest apktool with the build script for the Compile process. I got some warnings and errors but it build the zip.

I used a Ubuntu 11.10 virtual machine and the process was quite fast.

We need our FANTASTIC Rom Devs to give it a Shot because I honestly don't have the knowledge to cook a rom with this.

Edited by KingsizeX

Guest KingsizeX

You're using a 2GVMSPLIT kernel on a 3GVMSLIPT Rom.

Hi! Thanks for the reply,

Ok, can you please help to solve the problem?

As I said I have poor understanding of Rom cooking. Should I replace the boot.img with one from Swedish Snow for example?

This Rom was really made out of the original zip file I referred before. Shouldn't it work?

I think I can learn something here :)

Edited by KingsizeX

As I said I have poor understanding of Rom cooking.

So maybe it'd better to wait until you'll have better understanding? I can't see any arguments to share something what you completely don't understand and don't know what and how to do it at all.

Guest Sulthekk

CM7 is vmsplit3g right?

Here is cm7 vanilla kernel:

http://db.tt/um0PW34C

I'm in a hurry. Can't test.

Edit: Okay, i can now test it. Downloading atm.

Edit2: Okay, it's still not booting, but now it's not a bootloop, just simply stuck at bootsplash

Edited by Sulthekk

Guest the_crevis

Its booted through for me, ive just got a black screen and a tonne of force closes, and logcat is spewing errors, the phone apk constantly force closes and logcat is saying waiting for service phone and there is also a lot of sqlite errors.

Edit: When I first flashed it without wiping data it did what I said above, now, when I wiped data and flashed it again and I've got no logcat and it bootloops, very strange :S

Edited by the_crevis

Guest the_crevis

I flashed it again over cm7, using launcher pro, it booted into it, but the systemiu has crashed and none of the system apps work apart from the browser which looked just like stock, and the phone.apk constantly force closes, the settings look just like standard gingerbread settings. I'm afraid it looks like this build really hasn't worked at all :(

Guest KingsizeX

So maybe it'd better to wait until you'll have better understanding? I can't see any arguments to share something what you completely don't understand and don't know what and how to do it at all.

@docck - I share it because that's how things work here, you share, people debug, test, improve and make useful criticism.

If you can't understand that, just leave. Even if it does not work it does not mean it's not useful. What have you done to help? Whatever...

I'm done with you...

And now for all the interested people, I'll upload my blade build directory soon.

@tilal6991 - Thanks for the "2GVMSPLIT kernel on a 3GVMSLIPT Rom" comment, I investigated and now I know what the difference is :)

I also managed to build it against the latest CM7 Kang but it just loops the CM7 splash screen forever just like the Stock Rom build.

I have a few ideias for the future:

- Build the frameworks and integrate them in a clean rom build, maybe the build process is not including all the needed files or messing them up, that could explain the symptoms described by @the_crevis

- Rebuild the build script in order to create a more controllable build process and eliminate possible contamination from the sample script as it was created for a Samsung phone

- Now that two versions where built, one Stock Rom and another from CM7, I get the impression they both share the same problem as they get the same Splash Screen bootloop.

I'll tackle one problem at a time and see what I can come up with.

Next weekend I'll get into this as I have too much work till Friday. In a few minutes I'll share my build directory along with some tips. Just check first post in the next minutes.

Thanks all for you comments.

Guest KingsizeX

I flashed it again over cm7, using launcher pro, it booted into it, but the systemiu has crashed and none of the system apps work apart from the browser which looked just like stock, and the phone.apk constantly force closes, the settings look just like standard gingerbread settings. I'm afraid it looks like this build really hasn't worked at all :(

Thanks for testing! Well I'll just put my build directory up so people can see what's wrong, I really didn't get into the output of the build process (had no time...). I've heard the same problems with builds for other phones... maybe soon Miui people will put out an english version of the manual and we can get further.

Guest the_crevis

Thanks for testing! Well I'll just put my build directory up so people can see what's wrong, I really didn't get into the output of the build process (had no time...). I've heard the same problems with builds for other phones... maybe soon Miui people will put out an english version of the manual and we can get further.

Thank you for putting in the time to build it! ;) Yes, thank you, I would like to have a look at that, I heard them too so yes maybe we've just got wait for the English manual.

Guest KingsizeX

Hey guys any progress.....also now there is not Any problem like armv6 ...:)

I managed to build a bootable CM7 version but I get a lot Force Closes. There are some missing resources for what I can see on logcat during boot. I have no time now to get into it. Anyway... I could see Music, Messages and Theme Chooser after boot :) not much but it's a start.

Guest kamal_saran

I managed to build a bootable CM7 version but I get a lot Force Closes. There are some missing resources for what I can see on logcat during boot. I have no time now to get into it. Anyway... I could see Music, Messages and Theme Chooser after boot not much but it's a start.

okay bro, it's good to see some progress..I think we will have it in a week or so...anyway thanks for reply:rolleyes:

Guest tilal6991

I managed to build a bootable CM7 version but I get a lot Force Closes. There are some missing resources for what I can see on logcat during boot. I have no time now to get into it. Anyway... I could see Music, Messages and Theme Chooser after boot :) not much but it's a start.

can you post the build and the building directory please?

Guest brookergray

To decompile JAR files just open with winrar lol.

Decompile != unzip

When you decompile the files are de- compiled. That's the opposite of compilation, the files are converted from binary to human readable format.

Guest Sulthekk

Decompile != unzip

When you decompile the files are de- compiled. That's the opposite of compilation, the files are converted from binary to human readable format.

Java doesn't generate binaries, it compiles into a code between source and binary, which will be compiled into binary instructions at runtime. That's why java apps are cross-platform.

Binary to human readable? What do you mean by human readable?! Binary can't be decompiled to original source. If there's need to modifiy binaries, you must learn assembly, but there's no real binary decompilation.

Edited by Sulthekk

Guest tilal6991

Java doesn't generate binaries, it compiles into a code between source and binary, which will be compiled into binary instructions at runtime. That's why java apps are cross-platform.

Binary to human readable? What do you mean by human readable?! Binary can't be decompiled to original source. If there's need to modifiy binaries, you must learn assembly, but there's no real binary decompilation.

You're baksmaling it not decompilng it. It still produces readable smali code.