CyanogenMod - You don't ask, you don't get

Guest dialmformostyn

Guest dialmformostyn

Enormously popular custom ROM builders CyanogenMod recently requested help from the Android community to help fund the purchase of new servers.

Having lost access to a large computer cluster, the team were no longer able to get through the 50+ nightly builds they were used to.

While you might expect our beloved Android community to rally round rather quickly, the level of funding necessary was reached in less than a day - the plea and the thank you message on CyanogenMod.com both being published on 18th Feb!

“I am absolutely amazed at the support we have just been shown. We’ve reached our goal, and maybe a bit more. We will be ordering the servers next week (Xeon-class boxes with lots of RAM), and should have the builds going again soon!

Thank you again for the support!”

- Cyanogen

Stories like this are a perfect illustration of how tight-knit the Android universe is, and how valuable both top-notch developers and faithful, supportive users are to its future. Keep on keeping on, Android fans.

Source: CyanogenMod

This item was promoted to the News page - click here to view.

Guest 3shirts

I think this is a great example of why people like the MPAA and RIAA have it all wrong. If people think something is worth money, they will pay for it. I, and countless other CM fans consider it well worth a few quid and find it quite staggering how much work is put into something that is released for free.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.