overclocking risk

Guest vidalix

Only if you feel your phone getting hot and being generally unstable.

Overclocking likely won't make a difference unless you keep it at 1.4GHz for a year or so constantly IMO.

Personally, I don't really see the benefits. The speed increase won't be huge while the battery drain will likely be a fair bit worse.

Edited by k0zmic

Guest vidalix

thanks a lot... so if i put it from 122 Mhz to 1.400 Ghz (smartass v2) there will be no problems? (if i've understand)!!!

Edited by vidalix

thanks a lot... so if i put it from 122 Mhz to 1.400 Ghz (smartass v2) there will be no problems? (if i've understand)!!!

i've got mine at 1.2Ghz with Smartass V2 and i get great battery life with Juice Defender managing my data, and screen brightness too.

screenshot1329786213469.png

Guest chemicalbuz

i keep mine 1200 smartass v2 too, but i think you can keep it 1400 too without problem...what is your best voltage at 1400mhz? mine is 1125mV (1200mhz\1025mV)

Guest vidalix

at 1.4 ghz 1150/1175, but with a bit lags in important games (like shadowgun), so i decided to get it to 1200 millivolts (without any lags)!!!

i've retry, now with the new kernel 1150 mV without lags!!!

Edited by vidalix

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Klick

at 1.4 ghz 1150/1175, but with a bit lags in important games (like shadowgun), so i decided to get it to 1200 millivolts (without any lags)!!!

i've retry, now with the new kernel 1150 mV without lags!!!

Why should the voltage have anything to do with lags? I don't see how that could possibly have any effect, besides stability (and battery lifetime).

Guest sumdumguy

Use the new 1.3a kernel with 1.2 mtu control for greater control.

Personally i think 1024 cpu with 368gpu is safe enough. Phone is butter smooth with the new ver2.0 360 launcher. |if you try this launcher give it a minute or 2 to settle before judging... http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1345601 the app drawer set with random effects is stunning imo.

If i'm running avery demanding game then i crank up to 1400 :)

Edited by sumdumguy