【ROM】lewa offical rom for ZTX Blade V880 English Version

Guest yangsen

Guest yangsen

Hi, I'm from lewa OS team, we just notice that many people like our rom, and some developers have already modified our rom.

Therefor, we decide to release our offical ZTX Blade rom here, and it's in English. We are grade to hear your feedback and we

welcome all of you to modifcate our rom.

If you have any suggestions or feedback please contact us with Email: [email protected] or visit our facebook page "lewaOS",

and you can also leave a post here. we are looking for your advise.

2012/3/24 Base on lewa rom release on March 22:

here is the link to download the rom: http://www.mediafire...f6y3m811de8833k

2012/3/20 Base on lewa rom release on March 16th:

here is the link to download the rom: http://www.mediafire...epnf7j69pm07xrl

2012/3/3 I just make a new version for this rom, here's the list for the upgrade:

1.fix the USSD problem. "#"works when you dialing.

2.cut the information colletion from the rom, like umeng.

here is the link to download the rom: http://www.mediafire...4trh2818ttlmqw1

here is the link to download the rom: http://www.mediafire...c509gl4y0za95l0

For more roms for another Android phone, please visit www.lewaos.com or www.lewarom.weebly.com

post-962930-0-82598400-1329891516_thumb.

post-962930-0-17262800-1329891529_thumb.

post-962930-0-41802200-1329891539_thumb.

Edited by yangsen

Not if they're collecting your data it isn't, no offense.

True. I hope yangsen will notice that and makes a "datacollector-free" version of the lewa OS. Maybe he already did it with this ROM.

Guest rapier07

Finally my Bluetooth works on a CM7 based Rom, and its pretty smooth. Better than the previous versions. thank you for this:)

Anyone knows what do I need to do to stop that umeng thing?

Guest kamal_saran

Hey guys I'm using lewa on my blade it's from December...but... latest version is 17/2/2011 or sometHing like this:D when I check from settings it finds latest version but there's no option of download .can someone tell me ...how to update...

Edited by kamal_saran

Guest Davidoff59

Kamal, it depends where you got the rom or what you have changed or disabled. There seems to be a built in code that if any of the Lewa stock stuff like the launcher is removed or frozen, then the ota update wont work.

Guest rapier07

Rapier, there is more than umeng to block. There are like 5 sites collecting info. You need to use an ad blocker and input the addresses there.

I've updated the hosts file using adfree. Do you know exactly what do I need to type there?

Guest Davidoff59

Rapier, add these one at a time to the hosts file. I use Rom Toolbox for this task but I have read that there is a hosts file in the root directory. Im not sure if adfree, free version has the option of adding files manually.

dragon1993

Posted 26 January 2012 - 07:30 PM

Hi.

Monitoring my blade network usage with

openwrt.

Blade send data:

top100.cn

admin.lewatek.com

www.lewatek.com

goodphone.mobi

umeng.com

Guest kamal_saran
Kamal, it depends where you got the rom or what you have changed or disabled. There seems to be a built in code that if any of the Lewa stock stuff like the launcher is removed or frozen, then the ota update wont work.

Bro I didn't. Freeze.anything ...whenever I check update there's no option of download but just one option of discover new version...and there's a msg that your current version is too old...

Guest yangsen

Not if they're collecting your data it isn't, no offense.

Hi, Sorry for your inconvenience. We collect some information to improve our rom, We are trying to make another rom without information collection ASAP.

I release this rom to let more people know about this rom, and we wish some developers will do some modification on lewa rom, finally, all the people can

get a better rom.

Guest yangsen

Does it have umeng?

Umeng is a IT company in China, they have cooperation with us. They will collect information for us. I will make a new rom, and deleta all the collection.

Hi, Sorry for your inconvenience. We collect some information to improve our rom, We are trying to make another rom without information collection ASAP.

I release this rom to let more people know about this rom, and we wish some developers will do some modification on lewa rom, finally, all the people can

get a better rom.

The first thread got deleted when somebody found out that this lewa OS collects data from the users. It's not allowed here.

Fortunately the developers here modified lewa OS and released a "privacy fixed" version. Here is a link to that thread in case you missed it:

[ROM][GEN2]LEWA_Fixed_Privacy (Android 2.3.7)[CM7 Based]

Edited by agpoli

Guest Davidoff59

agpoli, you will see on page 12 of that thread where yangsen introduces himself and asks what improvements can be make. Its great that they are going to fix it

Guest allbest

Hello yangsen.

Thank you for your perfect ROM.

I have made full Russian localization of your ROM. But I have found the following bug:

LewaFileManager crushes on any local different from Chinese and English:

http://www.lewaos.co...Native%20Method)at%20org.apache.harmony.luni.util.FloatingPointParser.parseFloat(FloatingPointParser.java:321)at%20java.lang.Float.parseFloat(Float.java:323)at%20com.lewa.app.filemanager.ui.CountActivity.a(Unknown%20Source)at%20com.lewa.app.filemanager.ui.CountActivity.a(Unknown%20Source)at%20com.lewa.app.filemanager.ui.CountActivity$1.handleMessage(Unknown%20Source)at%20android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:99)at%20android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:130)at%20android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:3835)at%20java.lang.reflect.Method.invokeNative(Native%20Method)at%20java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:507)at%20com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:864)at%20com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:622)at%20dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native%20Method)

Could you fix it?

Additionally we need USSD support by Dialer.

Thank you.

post-64583-0-40967300-1330076665_thumb.j

Guest yangsen

Hello yangsen.

Thank you for your perfect ROM.

I have made full Russian localization of your ROM. But I have found the following bug:

LewaFileManager crushes on any local different from Chinese and English:

http://www.lewaos.co...Native%20Method)at%20org.apache.harmony.luni.util.FloatingPointParser.parseFloat(FloatingPointParser.java:321)at%20java.lang.Float.parseFloat(Float.java:323)at%20com.lewa.app.filemanager.ui.CountActivity.a(Unknown%20Source)at%20com.lewa.app.filemanager.ui.CountActivity.a(Unknown%20Source)at%20com.lewa.app.filemanager.ui.CountActivity$1.handleMessage(Unknown%20Source)at%20android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:99)at%20android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:130)at%20android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:3835)at%20java.lang.reflect.Method.invokeNative(Native%20Method)at%20java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:507)at%20com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:864)at%20com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:622)at%20dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native%20Method)

Could you fix it?

Additionally we need USSD support by Dialer.

Thank you.

I have add this bug to our bug list, and we will fix it in new version. We would like to try our best to help you with anything, about the USSD support, could you tell me more particular,how can we help you?

Guest rapier07

I have add this bug to our bug list, and we will fix it in new version. We would like to try our best to help you with anything, about the USSD support, could you tell me more particular,how can we help you?

We use USSD codes for checking balance and stuff, eg. Dialing *123# gives us the info about balance. But on LewaRom the dialer skips the '#' and dials out *123

Guest rapier07

calendar is not in English yet. there are small areas of dialler still in Chinese also.

Are Lewa team doing any work on an ics rom?

You can put apps like calendar and phone from CM7 into this Rom