[Updated : 8th March][GEN2] Kernel Update for CM7 and Stock Based Custom Rom

Guest burstlam

Guest burstlam

These kernels are compiled from the latest 2.6.35 Kernel Source for Gingerbread ROM by ZTE Corp.

Those who suffered from not working Sensors and Cameras should get them work properly with them.

The upgrade process would update Wifi Firmware also which is need to get wifi work with it.

Suitable for : GEN2 Blade V880, Chinese Blades (tested)

V880+ (Proximity Sensor not working for some machines)

known issues :

1. v880+ : bluetooth cannot open

solution : nothing solid work out yet.

2. wifi - connection speed is limited

Features :

- Overclocking

- Swap and ZRAM enabled

- CPU Governors : Smartass2(Default) InteractiveX Lagfree MinMAX SavagedZen Ondemand Conservative Powersave Performance

- I/O scheduler : Simple IO (Default) VR, NOOP, BFQ

- RCU : Tiny RCU

- 2way Incall PCM Recording

- Kernel Samepage Merging (need support from private mod kang)

NOTE : No Undervolt (Both WIFI and CPU) : they are not running good on the Blades generally.

Installation : Flash with CWMRecovery (No need to Wipe)

For CM7 (You need Recalibration with Device tools in CM Settings)

Patch #8 (update 8th March )

Download : http://hotfile.com/d...Patch8.zip.html

md5 : 39f1279e988a4bfeacee75dd54843b91

Roll Back Version (Turies Base, Wifi ok but no new senors and camera support)

download : http://hotfile.com/d...ngrade.zip.html

md5 :53bca6f38c804178cde3aa65fe3bae45

For Any Custom Rom based on Stocks (like Malaysia / Swedish )

download : http://hotfile.com/d...Patch8.zip.html

md5 : d0172a2d86cdfa0f7dce45b939af85b8

changelog :

Patch #3-8

- include Adreno Libs update (origin from xda forum)

- add KSM support

- Fix Taos Default values (Credit to TOM G)

- Add a Turies Source roll back version

- fix update scripts.

Patch 2 : add back missing TAOS Sensor

Edited by burstlam

Guest matt4321

These kernels are compiled from the latest 2.5.35 Kernel Source for Gingerbread ROM by ZTE Corp.

Those who suffered from not working Sensors and Cameras should get them work properly with them.

The upgrade process would update Wifi Firmware also which is need to get wifi work with it.

shouldn't that be 2.6.35?

These kernels are compiled from the latest 2.6.35 Kernel Source for Gingerbread ROM by ZTE Corp.

Suitable for : GEN2 Blade V880, Chinese Blades and

V880+(not tested)

Features :

- Overclocking

- Swap and ZRAM enabled

- CPU Governors : Smartass2(Default) InteractiveX Lagfree MinMAX SavagedZen Ondemand Conservative Powersave Performance

- I/O scheduler : Simple IO (Default) VR, NOOP, BFQ

- RCU : Tiny RCU

- 2way Incall PCM Recording

NOTE : No Undervolt (Both WIFI and CPU) : they are not running good on the Blades generally.

Installation : Flash with CWMRecovery (No need to Wipe)

For CM7

Download : http://hotfile.com/d...-Patch.zip.html

For Any Custom Rom based on Stocks (like Malaysia / Swedish )

download : http://hotfile.com/d...-Patch.zip.html

Thanks Burstlam, I've tried the patch (Swedish Snow version) and it solved the error problem at the camera app start (the image is shown inverted), however when the capture option is selected the app returns another error.

Edited by Guest

Guest kyoshosan

Hi Burstlam...

Thanks for the new kernel.... i'm testing it and i've found still a small issue with the camera... the image is upside down in case of my new zte blade 5MP bought in december in the netherlands... the other one i have and use daily is a old (1.5 year) 3.2MP OSF imported from the UK, which has no issues at al.

Because the new blade is a backup i tested a few roms.

Currently there are only two roms (kernels) that work without errors, but both have still the issue of the image being upside down.

Your new kernel and the kernel that comes with elitemovil's rom s5. So there's progress...

Is there a terminal command so i can check which camera chip i've got?

Thanks for your help...

Guest skywave

Hi Burstlam...

Thanks for the new kernel.... i'm testing it and i've found still a small issue with the camera... the image is upside down in case of my new zte blade 5MP bought in december in the netherlands... the other one i have and use daily is a old (1.5 year) 3.2MP OSF imported from the UK, which has no issues at al.

Because the new blade is a backup i tested a few roms.

Currently there are only two roms (kernels) that work without errors, but both have still the issue of the image being upside down.

Your new kernel and the kernel that comes with elitemovil's rom s5. So there's progress...

Is there a terminal command so i can check which camera chip i've got?

Thanks for your help...

There's a dialer command for it, let me loop it up for ya

*983*24474636# AFAIK

Edited by skywave

Guest kyoshosan

There's a dialer command for it, let me loop it up for ya

*983*24474636# AFAIK

Thanks... with result for camera

ID:0x2880

Name:MT9P111-5.0Mp-AF

Edited by kyoshosan

Guest burstlam

Thanks... with result for camera

ID:0x2880

Name:MT9P111-5.0Mp-AF

With the Factory Default configs , MT9P111 with Samsung lens is not enabled. I add them back with the information shared by the Chinese Blade Community

I or other fellow DEVs need more information to examine the problem.

pls open Terminal and type

dmesg > /sdcard/dmesg

Flashing over burgerz cm7 on v880. Cwm say its completed, reboot, but the kernel not updated. Md5 please..

EDIT:

Redownlod with same md5 result. Flashing with RA-CM with signature verification enabled, and get this error message: missing file: kernel-gen1/mkbootimg.

My blade was v880 sold with gen2 froyo.

Edited by rdis

Guest kyoshosan

With the Factory Default configs , MT9P111 with Samsung lens is not enabled. I add them back with the information shared by the Chinese Blade Community

dmesg > /sdcard/dmesg

Hi burstlam,

I've got 3 dmesg log files here.

1st just after starting the cam app.

2nd just after a picture was taken

3rd just after closing the cam app.

But i can't upload.. error not permitted to upload this kind of file??Plain text?? Howto fix this?

I've found a second issue with the kernel.. wifi won't work on both the blades i've got. Error in the network enable config window.

I've reverted back to elitemovils kernel just by overwriting the rom again, no whipe done. Wifi stated working again. And even better then before.

could it be due to the wifi firmware upgrade the reception quality of he new 5Mp blade is increased. With old firmware 1 bar at where i sit normally. with the new firmware 2 bars. Basement old firmware no reception... new firmware it connect, its slow, but connects. The old 3.2Mp hasn't become any better in this area due to the new firmware, It's now not as good as the new blade, no reception in basement.

Cheers...

Guest mitchde

does this work for european devices?i am from greece and i use swedish snow.i have no problems but just for try.or if i instal it my camera wont work?

I use it with german (EU) Blade (Base Lutea) and it works. My Blade 600 MHz was sold with GEN2. Some EU Blade (little older) may sold as GEN1 - i dont know if that alo works.

I would check that with ASKPIK... to be sure you have an Bade GEN2 and not an GEN1 (maybe flashed to GEN2).

Guest Sulthekk

Are there any differences between voltages to the skate kernel?

This one made my phone almost as unstable as the uv-kernel. The new wifi firmware is ver good though. I were able to see a LOT more networks with it. Now I'm running the feb17 burstlam non-uv kernel again.

I think that I'm not the only one who had no issues with undervolt, so it would be nice to use it again. Could someone modify this new kernel to enable it? I'm using Swedish Snow now.

dmesg > /sdcard/dmesg

I've tried the 2nd patch and create the file asked, attach to the message as a .txt file.

dmesg.txt

Guest youngsta2010

WIFI not working for me just says turning on then error. UK TFT OSF Gen 1 TPT'd to Gen 2. Is there another kernel I could use with Swedish Snow without UV? Thanks.