Photo

[APP] Liquid MT Control 1.4 (28.03.2012)

* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

almighty15

almighty15

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts

More results...

ROM : Lastest T&L Metal
Kernal : Lastest Tchnolover
CPU clock : 1.4Ghz
Benchmark app : NeoCore

GPU 245Mhz - 52.1fps
GPU 297Mhz - 53.0fps
GPU 368Mhz - 53.8fps
GPU 384Mhz - 54.0fps
CPU 1.6Ghz, GPU 384Mhz - 54.0fps

Benchmark app : Basemark ES 2.0 Taiji

GPU 245Mhz - 16.6fps
GPU 297Mhz - 18.9fps
GPU 368Mhz - 21.1fps
GPU 384Mhz - 21.9fps
CPU 1.6Ghz, GPU 384Mhz - 21.9fps

Over all very mixed results, NeoCore is hitting the frame rate limit so it's not the best benchmark to use, If kernal could have unlocked frame rate it would be a better test.

In basemark the performance stopped increase after 368Mhz but according to basemark online charts a stock Galaxy S2 get's 33fps so our lowly adreno 205 GPU only being 10fps behind is great!!

Techno is might be worth doing a google search for the updated adreno 205 drivers that were relased at december 2011 for a performance boost

Edited by almighty15, 29 February 2012 - 03:18 PM.

almighty15

almighty15

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts
Double post...

Edited by almighty15, 29 February 2012 - 03:17 PM.

Xorz1st

Xorz1st

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Devices:Acer Liquid Metal
Hey Technolover,

wanna thank you so much for your awesome work. Kernel and the app works great on my mt with Gingerounay 3.0.1 :D
But the new LED notification function does not work perfect at this moment on my phone. I got round about 15 percent battery left. If I change settings in the control app, changes get saved for the moment, but after Reboot it doesn't save the settings and the led is flashing again. (yes, said "save for boot").

Hope so much, to get the 192 MHz GPU Setting back, because I like to increase my battery life. Is it probably possible to set voltages for cpu lower than 750 mV?
With your Kernel and app I got round about 4 to 6 days battery life :wub: 122/768 MHz smartassV2, 245 MHz GPU, Display 35 % , most times only 2G. No calls, no sms, 700-1000 whatsapp messages, 2-3 hours navigation and round about 2 hours angry birds and line runner.

Absolutely great work!

Edited by Xorz1st, 29 February 2012 - 04:10 PM.

TechnoLover

TechnoLover

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 415 posts
  • Devices:Acer Liquid MT S120
  • Twitter:@marcOcram

If kernal could have unlocked frame rate it would be a better test.

Not possible, sorry, 53/54 fps are the maximum of our display. If you want to learn more about the display look at the HTC EVO 4G, it has the same display driver.

If I change settings in the control app, changes get saved for the moment, but after Reboot it doesn't save the settings and the led is flashing again. (yes, said "save for boot").

It seems that "Save for boot" is useless, because the led (+ led settings) gets renewed on reboot and on plugging in charger. I have to say, that the charger itself gets enabled after the bootanimation, so there's nothing I can do about for now.

Hope so much, to get the 192 MHz GPU Setting back, because I like to increase my battery life. Is it probably possible to set voltages for cpu lower than 750 mV?

192 MHz isn't working properly, so I had to remove it. No, 750mV is the minimum for the kernel, even if we set it lower, it will be at about 750mV.

Leonardo d'Avicii & Tiesto <3

Posted Image

almighty15

almighty15

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts

Not possible, sorry, 53/54 fps are the maximum of our display. If you want to learn more about the display look at the HTC EVO 4G, it has the same display driver.

Then turn V-sync off?

TechnoLover

TechnoLover

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 415 posts
already off

Posted Image

almighty15

almighty15

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts

already off

Can't be else the frame rate wouldn't be capped.

Just because the screen won't go higher then 54hz refresh doesn't stop the frame rate going way above that with vsync disabled.

TechnoLover

TechnoLover

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 415 posts
If you don't want to believe that we did our best effort, then just build your own kernel ;)

*~80 Hz refresh rate is btw. the max

Posted Image

Genrix

Genrix

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Can't be else the frame rate wouldn't be capped.

Just because the screen won't go higher then 54hz refresh doesn't stop the frame rate going way above that with vsync disabled.

Well, one thing to draw a frame buffer in graphics accelerator, and another thing to send these frames in a matrix screen. When used swapinterval = 0, the graphics accelerator draws frames without waiting for these frames will be taken from the buffer and sent to the matrix. That is, without feedback. Thus, all the frames do not fit into the matrix and do not appear physically, but in the buffer is overwritten with new frames. Yes, you can get over 200 frames per second. But visually it does not improve anything, in fact, it is even getting worse.
It is an inverse relationship between painting and its frame and limit our sample to the number of frames per second.
We just are not lucky with the matrix and the controller of this matrix. And user HTC 4G too.
But....maybe try to much OC mdp core....to 245mhz....вut I do not think it would help.

Edited by Genrix, 01 March 2012 - 02:31 PM.

sumdumguy

sumdumguy

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 146 posts
  • Devices:SF
Is there no way to implement the chinese enhanced drivers ?

It was a while since i read the thread about them, but I think they were claiming nennamark2 scores of 50 something?

matty90

matty90

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
Your kernel I works like this:
Rom:CM7.24
kernel: cm1.3a
CPU: 1.6 GHz
Neocore
gpu = 245mhz 34.3fps
gpu = 384mhz 38.2fps
why? ? with the old CM and the old kernel I did 50fps

almighty15

almighty15

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts

Your kernel I works like this:
Rom:CM7.24
kernel: cm1.3a
CPU: 1.6 GHz
Neocore
gpu = 245mhz 34.3fps
gpu = 384mhz 38.2fps
why? ? with the old CM and the old kernel I did 50fps

CM7 is just a crap rom for graphics performance, I moved back to T&L metal because I was only getting 8fps in Cm7 compared to 30fps+ on T&L

matty90

matty90

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

CM7 is just a crap rom for graphics performance, I moved back to T&L metal because I was only getting 8fps in Cm7 compared to 30fps+ on T&L

also for the MIUI?

TechnoLover

TechnoLover

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 415 posts
* Update 1.3

• [ADDED] scheduler control
  • [ADDED] option to delete voltage control, gpu frequency and scheduler on boot
  • [REMOVED] LED Control, Option "Set on Boot", useless until I install a LED service

Posted Image

vidalix

vidalix

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Devices:acer liquid metal
i've just try it... fantasticPosted Image
but the problem with the turn on phone remains...Posted Image
thanks for all your great job!!!

Edited by vidalix, 22 March 2012 - 01:12 AM.

michele p

michele p

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Devices:acer liquid metal
hi technolover when i set on boot any scheduler when i reboot i have sio as scheduler ...i don't know if is a bug o if is a problem with the last miui(2.3.16 with italian pack)...in the thread of your kernel a user told me that your kernel is not compatible with last miui/cyanogenmod...i had only a problem with wi-fi fixed with last kernel...mmm i'm going off topic sorry :)

Pinguy

Pinguy

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts

More results...

Benchmark app : NeoCore

GPU 245Mhz - 52.1fps
GPU 297Mhz - 53.0fps
GPU 368Mhz - 53.8fps
GPU 384Mhz - 54.0fps
CPU 1.6Ghz, GPU 384Mhz - 54.0fps

Benchmark app : Basemark ES 2.0 Taiji

GPU 245Mhz - 16.6fps
GPU 297Mhz - 18.9fps
GPU 368Mhz - 21.1fps
GPU 384Mhz - 21.9fps
CPU 1.6Ghz, GPU 384Mhz - 21.9fps

Over all very mixed results, NeoCore is hitting the frame rate limit so it's not the best benchmark to use, If kernal could have unlocked frame rate it would be a better test.

In basemark the performance stopped increase after 368Mhz but according to basemark online charts a stock Galaxy S2 get's 33fps so our lowly adreno 205 GPU only being 10fps behind is great!!

Techno is might be worth doing a google search for the updated adreno 205 drivers that were relased at december 2011 for a performance boost

The kernel is not the problem.

This is my score with all the setting set to high.

Attached File  CAP201203221745.png   1.1MB   11 downloads

Also remember this isn't a high end phone. It only has a second gen Snapdragon 800Mhz single core CPU.

The GPU drivers you are where on about are here.

Edited by Pinguy, 22 March 2012 - 07:48 PM.

TechnoLover

TechnoLover

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 415 posts

hi technolover when i set on boot any scheduler when i reboot i have sio as scheduler ...i don't know if is a bug o if is a problem with the last miui(2.3.16 with italian pack)...in the thread of your kernel a user told me that your kernel is not compatible with last miui/cyanogenmod...i had only a problem with wi-fi fixed with last kernel...mmm i'm going off topic sorry :)

it's a bug, thanks ;)

Posted Image

TechnoLover

TechnoLover

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 415 posts
* Update 1.4

• [ADDED] logcat and dmesg export to sdcard
  • [CHANGED] scheduler control to fire before ad2sdx

Posted Image

delete key

delete key

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi. Help. I undervolted my Liquid Metal and now it won't bootup. I'm running MT Control 1.4, T&L Metal 2.3.6 and Technolovers Kernel edition 1.4c. Yes, I tried running deleteBootUndervolt and it still gets stuck on the technolovers kernel edition screen. Any ideas short of restoring from (an old) backup? Cheers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users