[ROM] Early Days Test CM9 Build

Guest Fuzzra

Guest adroc

Learning my way, slowly, to compiling ics... I really need to take back a lot of late, and learn everything before I can be of any help.

So far I am stuck with

hardware/qcom/display/libcopybit/copybit.cpp:133: error: 'MDP_Y_CBCR_H2V2_ADRENO' was not declared in this scope

I suppose it is some issue with the graphic drivers, probably due to some mismatch between versions and branches.

I don't have a lot of time these days to see this in detail, I will get back to this when time permits.

On the other hand, it is very nice to see things are moving quickly in this thread ! Keep up the great work :D

Guest Dazzozo

So far I am stuck with

hardware/qcom/display/libcopybit/copybit.cpp:133: error: 'MDP_Y_CBCR_H2V2_ADRENO' was not declared in this scope[/code]

I suppose it is some issue with the graphic drivers, probably due to some mismatch between versions and branches.

I don't have a lot of time these days to see this in detail, I will get back to this when time permits.

The weird thing about these issues is they seem to come and go. I compiled from a fresh clone of CM9 and only encountered the spl_inl.h issue that I contacted you about, but I definitely remember seeing this at some point. Not entirely sure what I did... unfortunately.

Edit: ...actually, scratch that... I think for that build I just used a prebuilt libcopybit that I found lying around in the device config, and renamed the libcopybit makefile to Android.mk.bak.

Edit 2: Regarding CM7: fixed the SF2 kernel issue, and now I have working CM7-compatible kernels for both devices. God knows how - I did the exact same process last night and lost all touch screen support. The only major issue now is Wi-Fi. I will cry if that's more kernel work.

Edit 3: Kernels now have OC support. Camera will need some fixing (somehow broke with this new kernel, force closes) and I need to support the front facing one (this wasn't being detected by the Camera app on the older kernels). Basically using Fuzzra's OC kernel config lifted from those kernels + CONFIG_VMSPLIT_3G. 

Edited by Dazzozo

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

The weird thing about these issues is they seem to come and go. I compiled from a fresh clone of CM9 and only encountered the spl_inl.h issue that I contacted you about, but I definitely remember seeing this at some point. Not entirely sure what I did... unfortunately.

Edit: ...actually, scratch that... I think for that build I just used a prebuilt libcopybit that I found lying around in the device config, and renamed the libcopybit makefile to Android.mk.bak.

Edit 2: Regarding CM7: fixed the SF2 kernel issue, and now I have working CM7-compatible kernels for both devices. God knows how - I did the exact same process last night and lost all touch screen support. The only major issue now is Wi-Fi. I will cry if that's more kernel work.

Edit 3: Kernels now have OC support. Camera will need some fixing (somehow broke with this new kernel, force closes) and I need to support the front facing one (this wasn't being detected by the Camera app on the older kernels). Basically using Fuzzra's OC kernel config lifted from those kernels + CONFIG_VMSPLIT_3G.

Nice!! Any progress on CM7 is progress nonetheless, will be great to get our device recognised by Cyanogen.

Guest Dazzozo

Nice!! Any progress on CM7 is progress nonetheless, will be great to get our device recognised by Cyanogen.

Camera problems are pretty much a non-issue. I have a kernel with it working, and a kernel without. Make a comparison and copy across the differences. Sorted.

The real problem will be Wi-Fi and I'm not looking forward to it. Back in sunny 2011 flibblesan said he had an idea about what could be causing it but then he seemed to pretty much abandon CM7. I'll poke around with a lot of educated guessing and swearing when the kernel is sorted.

Edit: I also didn't mention this has smartassV2 and all those other fancy governors. B)

Edit 2: WOAH I have wifi turning on, but no network discovery...

Edited by Dazzozo

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

Camera problems are pretty much a non-issue. I have a kernel with it working, and a kernel without. Make a comparison and copy across the differences. Sorted.

The real problem will be Wi-Fi and I'm not looking forward to it. Back in sunny 2011 flibblesan said he had an idea about what could be causing it but then he seemed to be pretty much abandon CM7. I'll poke around with a lot of educated guessing and swearing when the kernel is sorted.

As I said, I would contact Tilal with any ideas you have, if he has a few moments in amongst wading through CM9 roms ;) He seemed to be a big help when people were hacking away at CM7 on the Skate forum

Edited by PsYcHoKiLLa

Guest Dazzozo

As I said, I would contact Tilal with any ideas you have, if he has a few moments in amongst wading through CM9 roms ;) He seemed to be a big help when people were hacking away at CM7 on the Skate forum

Speaking of Tilal he just got the QCOM drivers working. Going to hop back over to CM9 and see if I can get a build out. Apparently fixes calculator, gallery, and everything is a lot smoother.

Edit: one last attempt at this damn kernel though... :)

Edit 2: Right, I think I know where I'm going with CM7. Putting this on hold for a CM9 build.

Edit 3: He's made some changes to the Skate kernel for the purposes of HW accel, would be nice if I could get a hold of the config. :rolleyes:

Edited by Dazzozo

Guest domenico lamberti

Wow, i cannot wait for Dazzozo's next build, My review was shot today, so i can get rid of stock ROM :) and i miss ICS so badly

Guest Dazzozo

We might get this one before the Blade guys! Tilal's said tomorrow at the earliest for Bladers, got the kernel to check, then I'm building, testing and uploading. ;)

The kernel I was using btw is the one from the ics branch of Tom G - not the ics-skate-experimental.

Can I steal your .config? :D

Edited by Dazzozo

Guest tilal6991

We might get this one before the Blade guys! Tilal's said tomorrow at the earliest for Bladers, got the kernel to check, then I'm building, testing and uploading. ;)

Good luck. I'll be around if you need. Also I forgot. You might need to get genlock back ported from another kernel. I forgot to upload that to GitHub. Darn.

Guest Dazzozo

Good luck. I'll be around if you need. Also I forgot. You might need to get genlock back ported from another kernel. I forgot to upload that to GitHub. Darn.

Any hints on where I can grab this, and yeah, the kernel config? Cheers :)

Guest tilal6991

Any hints on where I can grab this, and yeah, the kernel config? Cheers :)

Feel free to use the config. As for genlock I think I got it from lupohirp's GitHub. He should have a kernel source and one the commits should say something about genlock.

Guest Dazzozo

Feel free to use the config. As for genlock I think I got it from lupohirp's GitHub. He should have a kernel source and one the commits should say something about genlock.

Found one about a missing genlock header and I've merged that in, if that's all, I'm good to build?

Guest tilal6991

Found one about a missing genlock header and I've merged that in, if that's all, I'm good to build?

There should be one further back about the genlock port itself.

Guest Dazzozo

There should be one further back about the genlock port itself.

Got it. Though the versions I got from the ics branch of TomG's repo are almost identical - only the makefile had to be changed.

Fell in to some weird issue with there being no rule to make arch/arm/mach-msm/board-zte-blade2-keypad.o - pretty weird considering I never had this compiling for CM7.

Edit: Pretty stuck here. The ics branch of TomG's kernel doesn't seem to support the Blade2, there's no config in /arch/arm/configs either.

Edit 2: A lazy merge and skip of the gingerbread branch nets me board-zte-blade2.c:3688: error: invalid use of undefined type 'struct kgsl_platform_data'. Not a happy bunny. :(

I've compared this to the blade file which appears pretty much identical around this area. Quite puzzling.

Edit 3: The Skate file seems a little different, investigating...

Edit 4: Brought some kgsl differences over and the build continues!

Edited by Dazzozo

Guest Dazzozo

Nice, don't feel you have to rush a build out tonight, we don't really need to "win the race" :P

I haven't even started on the ROM yet. I probably shouldn't have built the kernel on one core... ;)

Ooh, speaking of which, it's done. ROM time.

Guest domenico lamberti

Damn, this and FnC are the only "active" threads atm and i can see why,Dayum, you are good, now im looking forward to this more, will it include the new drivers or not?

Guest Dazzozo

lol, go you...

Never give up. ;)

Damn, this and FnC are the only "active" threads atm and i can see why,Dayum, you are good, now im looking forward to this more, will it include the new drivers or not?

Yep.

Edit: We're still compiling... nearing the end! :D

Edit 2: Finished. About to flash it.

Edited by Dazzozo

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

Nice, let us know if it's smooth. Apparently Tilal has got the gallery and calc working with the new drivers. I never really used the gallery on 2.3 but if it's graphically accelerated in ICS then I might just start.

Guest Dazzozo

Nice, let us know if it's smooth. Apparently Tilal has got the gallery and calc working with the new drivers. I never really used the gallery on 2.3 but if it's graphically accelerated in ICS then I might just start.

Mission failed. :( On both kernels (mine with the new changes and Skate fixes, and Fuzzra's used in all previous builds) I'm sitting at the bootloader forever. This'll probably need a lot of assistance from tilal to get running again, for starters I have no idea how to debug this. I made the same changes to the Crescent's device config that were made earlier in the Skate config regarding the ROM itself - nothing.

Sorry guys, I can't work miracles - I just pull existing things together. Been pretty lucky up to now. :(

Edited by Dazzozo

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

Well there's no rush, give it up for tonight and start afresh with a good night's sleep :)

Tilal will be doing the same, just remember, we're all very grateful for anyone putting in effort for our benefit!!

Guest Dazzozo

Well there's no rush, give it up for tonight and start afresh with a good night's sleep :)

Tilal will be doing the same, just remember, we're all very grateful for anyone putting in effort for our benefit!!

I have a couple of ideas but honestly I think this is best left for someone who actually knows what they're doing. I'm off to bed, night! :P

Edit: Made a few changes and pulled tilal's changes in zte common a few hours ago, still sitting at the bootloader. :(

Edited by Dazzozo