Broken Original Liquid?

Guest three_pineapples

Guest three_pineapples

So I haven't been here for a while...But I have one of the original Acer Liquids (the 256Mb version).

For the last couple of years i've been loaning it out to friends as a trial android phone. Yesterday my friend gave it back saying it wasn't working anymore!

Symptoms:

Plug in phone, no charging light.

With no power connected, remove battery, replace battery. When you push the power button it vibrates, but the screen is blank. If you look carefully, and with a torch, you see a battery symbol with an exclamation mark. Seems like the backlight is not functioning.

I can boot into malez recovery, but still no backlight on the screen, so pretty much impossible to see or control.

I've tried several batteries (a couple from china, and the original) which seem to make no difference.

Has anyone seen the battery symbol with an exclamation mark before?

Any hope of fixing it, or is it likely that some interbal power circuitry has died, which is why I have no charging, no backlight, and only the ability to boot into recovery?

Cheers!

Guest Ma7moud

can Acer Download Tool detect the phone if you connect it to the computer while in recovery mode ?

if yes then flash a BIN

if no then either the cable is not working or the there is some internal circuit damage