[ICS-MIUI] MIUI v.4 2.2.24 for Blade by doc3000 (beta1)

Guest allbest

Guest allbest

MIUI v.4 2.2.24 for Blade by doc3000 (beta1)

Let me present you MIUI ROM made by me, allbest on Modaco, aka doc3000 on XDA and DOC2008 on 4pda.

Based on Burstlam's CM9-PRE-RC05.5-BLADE and MIUI 2.2.24 beta

MIUI 2.2.24 Changelog:

[system]

Repair of migration of system data to SD card does not take effect

Repair screen buttons disabled, long pressing the home key is still valid

Repair in some cases switching to Airplane mode and back, mobile data cannot be found

Fix in some cases, the list of applications cannot be loaded

Fix in some cases black screen when playing back music, screen will not wake up

[Phone]

New version of the slide to answer gesture (See phone settings)

Fix in some cases custom number attribution FC

Fix in some cases entering emergency dial from lockscreen leads to FC

Repair call interface has small heading, the attribution is too long and the phone number becomes hidden

Repair call log duplication of entries

Fix shadow height is not correct

Repair of silent mode in some cases, when phone call is received the ringer will still sound

Delete a call in call notes speakers automatically turn on the function

[Contacts]

New function to show only contacts with a telephone number (See contact settings for more information)

[Messaging]

Alert the user of new timeout expiry via SMS pop-up

Add support to copy text from MMS

Optimisation of the visual style of searching for a contact to write messages to

Repair received MMS failed to download in some cases

Repair date and time cannot be displayed properly in Bubbles style

Repair cleaning of cache leads to FC

Repair of long text messages sent may result in send failures

Repair choosing time selection; AM / PM is not switched when selected

Repair the input method to adjust timing, SMS overlapping interface issues

Fix problem of session content disappearing in some cases

[Lockscreen, Status bar and notifications]

Optimisation of the left side of the status bar icon to display

Repair changing theme, or switching notification bar style, the Wi-Fi icon shows errors

[Camera]

Stability and optimisation of AWB (Auto White Balance)

Repair focus zoom

[Music]

Added support for playing APE and WMA formats

New Desktop Music Widget

New 'now playing' page to support viewing of song information

Fix sleep mode cannot be adjusted

Fix setting local lyrics and cover not does apply successfully

[system Updater]

Fix problems with system update from File Manager, selecting the installation package does not take effect

[File Manager]

Fix problem selecting sound recording files when selected do not open the corresponding file directory

Horizontal screen repair view for SD card tab, switch to the Browse tab interface rearrangement

[browser]

Optimisation of bookmark site icon does not change, to maintain appearance

[Access Control]

Thanks to Burstlam for his ICS ROM and jahlovePL from XDA for help.

What should work:

- MIUI themes

- Wired headset

- Bluetooth and Wi-Fi

- Music player (FLAC support added)

- GPU acceleration

- SD card

- Google Sync

- Gmail (partly)

- Sound

- Gallery

- Maps (May not work)

- Multi-touch

- Market

- Auto rotation

- Superuser

- Able Overclock

- Telephone Fully works

- GAPPS

- USB storage mode (only via Dual Mount SD Widget - included in the ROM)

- DSP manager

- Default browser

- Built-in file manager

- Video (with MX video player app)

- Camera (You can take pictures, but does not what you're doing!)

What does not work:

- YouTube (app)

- Wi-Fi tethering / mobile hotspot

- Auto brightness doesn't work properly. It's better to disable it.

Issues:

- orange help pop-up disables keyboard in text field

Solution: to make a missed call and tap notification in the expanded status bar - pop-up will no longer appear

INSTALLATION:

• You need at least 200mb system

• Download the ROM

• Copy the ZIP to Memory Card

• Start CWM

• Make a Full Wipe (data/factory reset, wipe cache, wipe dalvik cache, mount & storage > format /system)

• Start the install

• Boot into the ROM

• Wait 2-3 minutes

• Reboot

• Enjoy!

MIUI THEMES:

ATTENTION: Before using MIUI themes you should create data/system/theme folder with root explorer. The themes for old MIUI are not fully supported. Miui v4 won't theme settings and other system menus unless made for v4.

You can use downloaded on PC themes by copy MTZ files into MIUI/theme on your SD.

DOWNLOAD

miuieng.jpg

Edited by allbest

Guest allbest

What do you think?

Is this faster, and more stable than MIUIBlader?

This ROM is good enough for daily use?

I don't want to compare my ROM with the MIUIBlader. Let's see. I think that it's good for daily use.

Edited by allbest

Guest kimomini

DUDEEEEE this is so slick launcher is silky smooothhhh everything is epic so far, but it didnt ask me to setup my google account on boot and that i'll try reinstall and see if it comes up,

also is there an alternative way for us to get youtube to work as thats an app i use quite often

BUT THANKKSSS BROO this rom is sick so far

Is there a way to hide carrier name from status bar? I think it would make it look so much cleaner without it

Edited by kimomini

Guest the_crevis

Sorry, but what is the point off this? tilal6991's MIUI is pretty stable and smooth, and moving forward fast in terms of features and stableness. My create_MIUI.zip allows people who are not happy with tilal6991's cm9 to change any cm9 ROM into MIUI. I apologise if I appear harsh in my tone, but basically, what does this ROM offer over the other MIUI offerings already available?

Guest allbest

but it didnt ask me to setup my google account on boot and that i'll try reinstall and see if it comes up

you can launch google account setup from CONTACTS or Market

also is there an alternative way for us to get youtube to work as thats an app i use quite often

we need to wait youtube support from Burstlam.

Is there a way to hide carrier name from status bar? I think it would make it look so much cleaner without it

not right now

Guest Davidoff59

Look at all the roms based on CM7. If we said what's the point in all these roms as CM7 is fine and stable, we would have very little choice in Roms. Fair enough if they are all the exact same roms, I would agree but look at some of the excellent roms that came as off shoots of CM7.

You can't beat a man down for trying or showing an interest. If its no good, the thread will disappear off the front page. Some replies above look promising though.

Guest allbest

Sorry, but what is the point off this? tilal6991's MIUI is pretty stable and smooth, and moving forward fast in terms of features and stableness. My create_MIUI.zip allows people who are not happy with tilal6991's cm9 to change any cm9 ROM into MIUI. I apologise if I appear harsh in my tone, but basically, what does this ROM offer over the other MIUI offerings already available?

My congrats with your create_MIUI.zip B) BUT I don't advertise my ROM in your topic. :angry:

Guest the_crevis

My congrats with your create_MIUI.zip B) BUT I don't advertise my ROM in your topic. :angry:

I was by no means trying to advertise my zip (which I don't claim to be a ROM and give all credit to tilal6991), I was merely asking you to highlight the factors that make this ROM unique and different to the other MIUI offerings. However, you seem to avoid any comment which alludes to these questions, and so I can not help but draw from it the conclusion that in fact this ROM is no different.

Of course, many of us, who have just learnt the ways of android customisation are eager to release their offerings as a ROM to the community. I, for one, admit to this as many months back I released a hopeless copy of an android 2.3 ROM, thinking it what a great ROM it was ( I will not mention its name as otherwise I run the risk of you accusing me of advertising yet another one of my 'ROMs' in your thread).

Edited by the_crevis

Guest brookergray

FYI this is rudest thing ever. This is not a completion but a community. If you don't like that someone criticized your work than do better instead of bashing him for mentioning an alternative. This is not your thread just like everyone else you're a guest here. (I learned this the hard way) You're just the guy who clicked the new thread button.

Let me break this down to an offline example. You have shop and one of your customer tell the other that there's a cheaper shop two blocks away. Would you throw him out? No you would make yourself more competitive.

(Imo he is completely right I don't see why would you release yet another half working rom when you have nothing to add)

Guest Chocolate Columbo

FYI this is rudest thing ever. This is not a completion but a community. If you don't like that someone criticized your work than do better instead of bashing him for mentioning an alternative. This is not your thread just like everyone else you're a guest here. (I learned this the hard way) You're just the guy who clicked the new thread button.

Let me break this down to an offline example. You have shop and one of your customer tell the other that there's a cheaper shop two blocks away. Would you throw him out? No you would make yourself more competitive.

(Imo he is completely right I don't see why would you release yet another half working rom when you have nothing to add)

I actually don't see all that wrong with the reply. It's not nice, but just like many of the posts here, it's not very constructive. I'm quite shocked at many of the nasty replies here, yours included for being worse than the rest and kicking a guy for trying. If he didn't try very hard in your opinion, you don't think a nicer way could be found of telling him? Maybe it would have been nice if he put his arms up and admits he hasn't added much. The thread length will reflect that. This is pouring salt on open wounds.

Before I was just a lurker, rather nervous of posting and other hobbies would take up most of my time while I just wanted the latest thing on my cheap phone... I've been more active as of late, because I was thinking maybe I could have more to offer and help others. However, if this will be the common reaction of any trying man, I don't feel much encouraged to get involved at all.

Guest yellman

I am running MIUIBlader for few days. Before I test your room, I would like to know Your changes, advatages and disadvatages please. I am happy, that another dev is here, but would like to know differences between these roms. Easy question I think, why others have to be immediately rude I dont know ... So thank you ! :)

Guest allbest

I am running MIUIBlader for few days. Before I test your room, I would like to know Your changes, advatages and disadvatages please. I am happy, that another dev is here, but would like to know differences between these roms. Easy question I think, why others have to be immediately rude I dont know ... So thank you ! :)

My ROM is based on MIUI 2.2.24

MIUI 2.2.24 Changelog:

[system]

Repair of migration of system data to SD card does not take effect

Repair screen buttons disabled, long pressing the home key is still valid

Repair in some cases switching to Airplane mode and back, mobile data cannot be found

Fix in some cases black screen when playing back music, screen will not wake up

[Phone]

New version of the slide to answer gesture (See phone settings)

Fix in some cases custom number attribution FC

Fix in some cases entering emergency dial from lockscreen leads to FC

Repair call interface has small heading, the attribution is too long and the phone number becomes hidden

Repair call log duplication of entries

Fix shadow height is not correct

Repair of silent mode in some cases, when phone call is received the ringer will still sound

Delete a call in call notes speakers automatically turn on the function

[Contacts]

New function to show only contacts with a telephone number (See contact settings for more information)

[Messaging]

Alert the user of new timeout expiry via SMS pop-up

Add support to copy text from MMS

Optimisation of the visual style of searching for a contact to write messages to

Repair received MMS failed to download in some cases

Repair date and time cannot be displayed properly in Bubbles style

Repair cleaning of cache leads to FC

Repair of long text messages sent may result in send failures

Repair choosing time selection; AM / PM is not switched when selected

Repair the input method to adjust timing, SMS overlapping interface issues

Fix problem of session content disappearing in some cases

[Lockscreen, Status bar and notifications]

Optimisation of the left side of the status bar icon to display

Repair changing theme, or switching notification bar style, the Wi-Fi icon shows errors

[Camera]

Stability and optimisation of AWB (Auto White Balance)

Repair focus zoom

[Music]

Added support for playing APE and WMA formats

New Desktop Music Widget

New 'now playing' page to support viewing of song information

Fix sleep mode cannot be adjusted

Fix setting local lyrics and cover not does apply successfully

[system Updater]

Fix problems with system update from File Manager, selecting the installation package does not take effect

[File Manager]

Fix problem selecting sound recording files when selected do not open the corresponding file directory

Horizontal screen repair view for SD card tab, switch to the Browse tab interface rearrangement

[browser]

Optimisation of bookmark site icon does not change, to maintain appearance

[Access Control]

Additionally MIUI 2.2.24 is more stable and fast than 2.2.17

Edited by allbest

Guest yellman

I see... Let us do some little competition which rom is better.. I am curious

I didn't update the first post but MIUIBlader is based on 2.2.24 as well.

Guest allbest

I see... Let us do some little competition which rom is better.. I am curious

I don't plan any competition. I've made this ROM for myself and Russian users. I've decided to share my work for others users. No one is forcing you to use this ROM.

P.S. This thread will be deleted.

Edited by allbest

Guest tilal6991

Please don't close this thread. I have not intentions of competition between the two ROMs. We have completely different bases - you are based on MIUIAndroid and I'm using MIUI Au. So we can coexist.

Furthermore you are using burstlam's and I'm using mine. There are differences and people can use what runs best on their phone.

Guest GoGokh

I don't understand why people are reacting like this, variety of rom is good for the phone/community.

While they are lot of mod rom wich are useless...

And this Miui have theme support :P