Beats Audio on any Gingerbread ROM

Guest Productivity

Guest H3ROS

It could be for any Gingerbread ROM that works on the Galaxy SL i9003 only. It's worth trying I suppose.

*Update*

Heres the modified flashable version for Skate:

http://www.mediafire...gjkj4qoncst4v7z

If I knew what application fuss132 used then I'd be able to tell you if it actually works or not. However, I think it might be working because my audio does sound a little louder and clearer, but that could just be me imagining things. Of course you need to use a good set of headphones.

I'm using PlayerPro with the DSPPack addon. It destroys the stock media player :D

Edited by H3ROS

Guest Andymac1969

If it installs then yes. I'm really not sure if it even works as I can't analyse the audio with anything.

Yes it installs, I too have no idea if it does anything lol wink.gif

Guest WillDroid

I installed it but it has changed nothing as far as I can see/hear. If anything its a little worse, but that's probably just my mind :lol:

EDIT: According to people who have this as standard, when headphones are connected and music playing, there should be a Beats audio notification to toggle the effect. Definitely not seeing this here.

Could it be that as I'm on Logic mod the Dolby changes something?

Edited by WillDroid

Guest Andymac1969

anyone noticed a difference with this?

I put it on my blade, and it has made the sound louder, and more distorted through the speaker, there is also the occasional hissing through the speaker, when you select a button.

The headphones seem louder, but also prone to distortion, all in all prefer it the way it was.

Guest H3ROS

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1525226

The video never shows any beats icon and never gives any indication of it ever working. I still can't tell if it's actually working because you have to listen to a song, remember exactly how it sounded and then flash the mod and listen to it again. As it's to do with base levels and stuff it's really hard to tell.

Newer versions of the mod fail to work, at least with Atomic. It will hang on the Android logo.

Guest TrollFaceEngaged

My cousin and I did a test. We recorded a part of a song played on my OMC with his galaxy ace, recording first without beats audio, then with. The results were promising, according to our test, because the percussion and bass sounded perfect and overall, i think it sounded louder. But then again, our results can be different to anyone else's. Thanks for the mod, H3ROS!!

Guest JetKun

People have gave different answers so it could work for some, maybe not for others.

No, seriously, it does *nothing*. Beats Audio is just an EQ with profiles for YourBeats headphones.

DSP Manager and/or PowerAmp does a better job. Go blame HTC's marketing dept.

Guest H3ROS

Uninstaller:

It's untested but I think it should work.

I should of mentioned that you should create a backup in ClockworkMod before installing the mod.

To me the audio sounds almost the same. Maybe theres a little more punch to it, but I am using headphones that cost £45 or more.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest viluDense
Uninstaller:

http://www.mediafire...wpxibq7idgtpwqq

It's untested but I think it should work.

I should of mentioned that you should create a backup in ClockworkMod before installing the mod.

To me the audio sounds almost the same. Maybe theres a little more punch to it, but I am using headphones that cost £45 or more.

Thanks! I'll try it.

i was using. Wesc headphones of £200 so the sound should be perfect.

EDIT: i've tryed it with out any change as result, at least i think it doesn't work.

Edited by viluDense

Guest H3ROS

EDIT: i've tryed it with out any change as result, at least i think it doesn't work.

You mean the uninstaller? I tested it in order to make sure it really was fixed and it does remove all traces of Beats Audio.

So I am interested what the conclusion is. Does it work or not?. I have taken a look on beats audio flashable zip and I am not sure about how it is done.

First of all - libraries libbundlewrapper.so, libreverbwrapper.so and libvisualizer.so are normally located in /system/lib/soundfx

Beats audio update installs its own version of these libraries but directly in /system/lib thus not overwriting original ones.

Does it mean that the libraries in /system/lib have priority over what's in sounfx directory? I am not really sure.

OK. I decided to test it myself. I will put those libraries in soundfx subdir and overwrite my original ones.

EDIT:

I tried to move libraries to the right place and my personal conclusion is that it does not work.

After activating sound effects in stock music player (which automatically runs Equalizer app) I just got this:

http://ceco.sk.eu.org/omc/skatie/screenshots/beats.png

The music stopped playing and jumped to next song.

If you experience better sound for me it's just a placebo effect... The original

beats audio zip just does nothing - you still use your original sound fx libs...

Edited by C3C0

Guest apofizek

Zdravím C3c0 :-)

Koukám ze si zkoušel nahrát BA do ZTEčka :-). Mě se tam teda podařio nahrát přes přepsaní souborama a následným Fixu v CWM, ale stejně si mýslím, že to nemělo asi žádný efekt :-/

Guest H3ROS

Theres a newer version of it but if I install that one I get stuck at the boot animation.

There is the Sony XLoud engine:

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1440986

It's in the mix & match ROM and I presume it works.

EDIT:

I applied it and I think it's running. I had to modify it a fair bit since Atomic already has the Bravie engine but to be fair PlayerPro plus it's free DSP addon still sounds better.

Might be the original:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1441568

Edited by H3ROS