What Touchscreen firmware do you have and do you have touchscreen issuses?

Guest richardmlea

Guest richardmlea

Have you had any of these issue’s (on any rom) with your touchscreen. phantom touches, double touches or dead area's (excluding in-sensitivity at top and bottom of the screen)

Hi, Can you answer this poll for me. It may help us get better performance from our touchscreens. :)

I am trying to compile a list of the different touchscreen firmware’s and config files that are out there to see if this is effecting operation of some touchscreens. These files are stored on the touchscreen controller so they are not changed when flashing roms. I have so far found three different versions of the firmware and config files, they are

Firmware version 1.7.20.21

Config version 1.7.5.14

Firmware version 1.7.0.18

Config version 1.7.5.8

Firmware version 99.4.8.0

Config version 99.4.248.127

These are the ones I have found, if you have different firmware and config files please don’t answer the poll, instead PM me the file numbers you have and I will change the poll to include your version.

To find out what version you have you will need to use this touchscreen calibration app.

http://www.tabletroms.com/forums/attachments/vega-frequently-asked-questions/610d1315327236-how-do-i-fix-my-vega-touch-screen-became-unresponsive-buggy-moduleap.apk

In this calibration app select Get firmware version and a box will pop up with the Firmware and config file version numbers.

Unfortunately this calibration app only works in andriod 2.2 (I havn't tried it with 2.3) so if you are running Vegacomb or ICS then you will need to backup and install the stock rom (or moddedstock). I realise this is a pain but you will be helping others and we may even get better firmware for everyone. Corvus5 users can use the calibration app that comes with corvus5 as it will get the same info.

Thanks

Richard B)

Edited by richardmlea

Guest Cass67

Have you had any of these issue’s (on any rom) with your touchscreen. phantom touches, double touches or dead area's (excluding in-sensitivity at top and bottom of the screen)

Hi, Can you answer this poll for me. It may help us get better performance from our touchscreens. :)

I am trying to compile a list of the different touchscreen firmware’s and config files that are out there to see if this is effecting operation of some touchscreens. These files are stored on the touchscreen controller so they are not changed when flashing roms. I have so far found three different versions of the firmware and config files, they are

Firmware version 1.7.20.21

Config version 1.7.5.14

Config version 1.7.5.8

Firmware version 99.4.8.0

Config version 99.4.248.127

These are the ones I have found, if you have different firmware and config files please don’t answer the poll, instead PM me the file numbers you have and I will change the poll to include your version.

To find out what version you have you will need to use this touchscreen calibration app.

In this calibration app select Get firmware version and a box will pop up with the Firmware and config file version numbers.

Unfortunately this calibration app only works in andriod 2.2 (I havn't tried it with 2.3) so if you are running Vegacomb or ICS then you will need to backup and install the stock rom (or moddedstock). I realise this is a pain but you will be helping others and we may even get better firmware for everyone.

Thanks

Richard B)

Can you add the link to the app to the poll and also post this on TabletRoms ? you dont seem to be getting a response here !

I answerd my response your initial post in the kernel thread .. but needless to say i have none of those fw versions ;)

Guest richardmlea

Can you add the link to the app to the poll and also post this on TabletRoms ? you dont seem to be getting a response here !

I answerd my response your initial post in the kernel thread .. but needless to say i have none of those fw versions ;)

I have just updated the op with the download link, that was stupid of me. I will also put a post on XDA asking for people to answer.

Cheers cass

Guest Cass67

I have just updated the op with the download link, that was stupid of me. I will also put a post on XDA asking for people to answer.

Cheers cass

Config version 1.7.5.8

Thats me ;) seems this app needs the 2.x rom to work ...

Edited by Cass67

Guest TheDatabug

Errr what does this mean?

Firmware version 0.0.0.0

Config Version 0.0.0.0

I have no problems with Vega comb or any stock Rom but have had tons of problems with VegaICS and HoneyIce.

Oh yes and its a Advent Vega

Edited by TheDatabug

Guest richardmlea

Errr what does this mean?

Firmware version 0.0.0.0

Config Version 0.0.0.0

I have no problems with Vega comb or any stock Rom but have had tons of problems with VegaICS and HoneyIce.

Oh yes and its a Advent Vega

Are you using the stock rom to run the calibration tool? it only work under android 2.2.

Guest TheDatabug

Are you using the stock rom to run the calibration tool? it only work under android 2.2.

ah I see. No I have vegacomb installed presently. Am a bit loathed to reset everything just to check the screen. But next time I attempt a flash I will check.

Guest Oldbarzo

HI Richard

Advent Vega replaced Feb 2012 by PC World for non-functioning Touchscreen.

Firmware: 1.7.20.21

Config Version: 1.7.5.14

Oldbarzo Edit: currently getting weird freezing when using Tapatalk , Gmail and Browser and some games. In middle of either typing or scrolling through items the screèn just freezes and requires a reboot to get out of it. Sometimes if I constantly hold the back button and operate the start button on and off without shutting the Vega down it will recover but most times it needs to be shut down and then rebooted. Only started happening with Beta 1.

Edited by Oldbarzo

Guest robbo247

Running Firmware Version 1.7.20.21

Config version 1.7.5.14

touchy screen on all roms and after hairdryer trick but was originally dead

I have 8 units this is results from my main test unit as requested an TR

Guest robbo247

Does anyone have all the firmware files for the various touchscreens and i will try and flash the different versions to the ic,I have a few units so can try on all of them but will be using 1 main test unit

Guest richardmlea

sjrixon and ss23,

That firmware is the same as the one on the updated model (A19) of the touchscreen. Are they replacements or are they original? If they are original then maybe some vegas have the A19 version, I thought all vegas had the 101h11a1 version. If they have that firmware and are the 101h11a1 version then it means the firmware is interchangeable (good to know).

Mine is actually the original one, and I bought it in Dec 2010! I was having sensitivity issues though and tried installing the Viewsonic 1.10 firmware which has now updated my touchscreen to firmware version 1.7.0.20 and config version 1.7.0.12 but im still having problems.

Trying this solution now: http://android.modaco.com/topic/352220-how-to-fix-touch-problemadvent-vega-p10-10s/

Guest Red Dawn

Mine is actually the original one, and I bought it in Dec 2010! I was having sensitivity issues though and tried installing the Viewsonic 1.10 firmware which has now updated my touchscreen to firmware version 1.7.0.20 and config version 1.7.0.12 but im still having problems.

Trying this solution now: http://android.modac...t-vega-p10-10s/

I have the same versions, having touch screen problems with recent roms /vegaics and honeyice, starting rc 3

Guest richardmlea

I have the same versions, having touch screen problems with recent roms /vegaics and honeyice, starting rc 3

Have you tried this fix

Has worked for me (see thread for details).

Guest sjrixon

sjrixon and ss23,

That firmware is the same as the one on the updated model (A19) of the touchscreen. Are they replacements or are they original? If they are original then maybe some vegas have the A19 version, I thought all vegas had the 101h11a1 version. If they have that firmware and are the 101h11a1 version then it means the firmware is interchangeable (good to know).

Mine was an ebay purchase.. So I don't know it's history..

Have you tried this fix http://android.modac...t-vega-p10-10s/

Has worked for me (see thread for details).

Did that and now my touchscreens even worse!

On the previous firmware I was getting problems on the normal Honey Ice editions and used to get oversensitivity issues near the outer edges of the screen, although I could use 3.2.7 Vintage with no screen issues.

Now, my screen is oversensitive in the middle and fine on the outer edges! Even on Vintage!

I really hope Eduardo can successfully alter the firmware of these touchscreens :(

Guest richardmlea

That fix should not change the firmware. what firmware are you on now? I can send you the latest factory firmware for the 10s. Version fw-1.7.0.20 cv-1.7.5.11.

PM me if you want it.

Edited by richardmlea

Guest vegadude

Does anyone know where i can download Firmwares for my Vega screen? Currently running 99.4.8.0.

I cant touch my screen anywhere, i can just about use a mouse but its hard, like im moving the mouse in the opposite direction of the pointer,

was working fine until i flashed ics beta 1(patched) and i didnt like it so i tried going back to vegacomb, flashed modded stock v2 and couldnt get passed the language selection, since then ive flashed chimera, corvus moddedstock v1 , v2, The screen calibration rom and the stock rom, and my screen isnt working, ive managed to run the calibration and nothing. so i guess the next step is to try firmware upgrade?currently running corvus, Any help would be great!

Thanks

Sean

Guest richardmlea

Does anyone know where i can download Firmwares for my Vega screen? Currently running 99.4.8.0.

I cant touch my screen anywhere, i can just about use a mouse but its hard, like im moving the mouse in the opposite direction of the pointer,

was working fine until i flashed ics beta 1(patched) and i didnt like it so i tried going back to vegacomb, flashed modded stock v2 and couldnt get passed the language selection, since then ive flashed chimera, corvus moddedstock v1 , v2, The screen calibration rom and the stock rom, and my screen isnt working, ive managed to run the calibration and nothing. so i guess the next step is to try firmware upgrade?currently running corvus, Any help would be great!

Thanks

Sean

That is very confusing???? No rom should change your TS firmware unless it includes a program that runs after flashing the rom on first boot (no vega rom that I know has this not even the factory test rom). The nv flash process used to install roms cant directly flash the TS controller as its on a separate IC on the touchscreen ribbon.

That firmware version is on 4 touchscreens that I got off a Chinese reseller on ebay. They dont work and wont take firmware (or the firmware I have). After 2 weeks of trying to get firmware on them and conversing with loads of people including a shuttle engineer I came to the conclusion (mostly because of what the shuttle engineer told me) that the IC's are faulty.

What has happened to yours kind of backs that up. Sorry :(

I can send you the firmware I have but I don’t think it will upload as it wont on the ones I have.

• 2 months later...
Guest gazidoc

Mmmm. Same thing happened to me trying to upgrade from chimera to vegacream beta2. Can't be a coincidence, surely? Did you manage to recover your touchscreen?

Guest kougei

Mmmm. Same thing happened to me trying to upgrade from chimera to vegacream beta2. Can't be a coincidence, surely? Did you manage to recover your touchscreen?

Almost exactly the same with me, upgraded from older version of Vegacream to later version, and touchscreen is dead. Tried all the calibration tricks but it's completely gone. Unfortunately I can't get a mouse to work in the usb to check firmware of the screen.

Guest kougei

Progress today, after recommendation to download the POV rom with usb host enabled, and calibration utility. This worked with a mouse, and I don't have the dead firmware. Calibrated and now downloading/installing Vegacream again to see if touchscreen comes back.