Photo

What Touchscreen firmware do you have and do you have touchscreen issuses?

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

Poll: What Touchscreen Firmware do you have? (18 member(s) have cast votes)

What Touchscreen Firmware do you have? (see main topic to find out how find this)

1. Firmware version 1.7.20.21 Config version 1.7.5.14 (8 votes [44.44%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 44.44%

2. Firmware version 1.7.0.18 Config version 1.7.5.8 (5 votes [27.78%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 27.78%

3. Firmware version 99.4.8.0 Config version 99.4.248.127 (3 votes [16.67%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

4. Firmware version 1.7.0.5 Config version 1.7.0.15 (2 votes [11.11%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.11%

Have you had any of these issue’s (on any rom) with your touchscreen. phantom touches, double touches or dead area's (excluding in-sensitivity at top and bottom of the screen)

1. Yes (13 votes [72.22%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 72.22%

2. No (5 votes [27.78%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 27.78%

What name is on your P10AN01 (Vega, POV mobi, Veiwsonic 10s ect.)

1. Advent Vega (15 votes [83.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 83.33%

2. Point Of View Mobi (2 votes [11.11%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.11%

3. Viewsonic Viewpad 10s (1 votes [5.56%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.56%

4. Other (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

vegadude

vegadude

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:broken vega
Does anyone know where i can download Firmwares for my Vega screen? Currently running 99.4.8.0.
I cant touch my screen anywhere, i can just about use a mouse but its hard, like im moving the mouse in the opposite direction of the pointer,

was working fine until i flashed ics beta 1(patched) and i didnt like it so i tried going back to vegacomb, flashed modded stock v2 and couldnt get passed the language selection, since then ive flashed chimera, corvus moddedstock v1 , v2, The screen calibration rom and the stock rom, and my screen isnt working, ive managed to run the calibration and nothing. so i guess the next step is to try firmware upgrade?currently running corvus, Any help would be great!
Thanks

Sean

richardmlea

richardmlea

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts
  • Interests:Technology, science, movies, motorcycles, classic volkswagons, paintball, skiing to name a few of my interests.
  • Devices:P10AN01, TF201, HTC Sensation
  • Twitter:@richard lea

Does anyone know where i can download Firmwares for my Vega screen? Currently running 99.4.8.0.
I cant touch my screen anywhere, i can just about use a mouse but its hard, like im moving the mouse in the opposite direction of the pointer,

was working fine until i flashed ics beta 1(patched) and i didnt like it so i tried going back to vegacomb, flashed modded stock v2 and couldnt get passed the language selection, since then ive flashed chimera, corvus moddedstock v1 , v2, The screen calibration rom and the stock rom, and my screen isnt working, ive managed to run the calibration and nothing. so i guess the next step is to try firmware upgrade?currently running corvus, Any help would be great!
Thanks

Sean

That is very confusing???? No rom should change your TS firmware unless it includes a program that runs after flashing the rom on first boot (no vega rom that I know has this not even the factory test rom). The nv flash process used to install roms cant directly flash the TS controller as its on a separate IC on the touchscreen ribbon.
That firmware version is on 4 touchscreens that I got off a Chinese reseller on ebay. They dont work and wont take firmware (or the firmware I have). After 2 weeks of trying to get firmware on them and conversing with loads of people including a shuttle engineer I came to the conclusion (mostly because of what the shuttle engineer told me) that the IC's are faulty.
What has happened to yours kind of backs that up. Sorry :(
I can send you the firmware I have but I don’t think it will upload as it wont on the ones I have.

Richard Lea
[email protected]
Replacement Tablet Screens UK
I offer a friendly, UK Advent Vega repair service for hardware problems. Just PM or email me your requirements.
Replacement Touchscreens, LCD's and repair service for most Tablets.

gazidoc

gazidoc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:advent vega
Mmmm. Same thing happened to me trying to upgrade from chimera to vegacream beta2. Can't be a coincidence, surely? Did you manage to recover your touchscreen?

kougei

kougei

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:Advent Vega
  • Twitter:@kougei

Mmmm. Same thing happened to me trying to upgrade from chimera to vegacream beta2. Can't be a coincidence, surely? Did you manage to recover your touchscreen?

Almost exactly the same with me, upgraded from older version of Vegacream to later version, and touchscreen is dead. Tried all the calibration tricks but it's completely gone. Unfortunately I can't get a mouse to work in the usb to check firmware of the screen.

kougei

kougei

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Progress today, after recommendation to download the POV rom with usb host enabled, and calibration utility. This worked with a mouse, and I don't have the dead firmware. Calibrated and now downloading/installing Vegacream again to see if touchscreen comes back.

kougei

kougei

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
No luck. Tried alternating Moddedstock versions in between running the calibration POV stock rom, and flashing VegaCream Beta2 but touchscreen still completely unresponsive.

Still seems too much of a coincidence given there is a mounting thread over at TabletRoms of people with the same issue after flashing VegaCream.

Hopefully some further news on the issue soon.

Oldbarzo

Oldbarzo

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts
  • Interests:Computers (Home Builder)<br />Wargaming (WWII Tabletop miniatures)<br />Hacking and general modifcations to Mobile Phones<br />PCs and electronics.
  • Devices:HTC Wildfire, ZTE Blade (SF)
Hi All

I am running VegaCream Beta2 on my
Vega with no problems. I have flashed nearly every Rom available for my tab with some issues but never screen failure like what is being mentioned
here and Tabletroms. I came to Beta 2 via ICS Beta, VegaCream alphas and then VegaCream tests 2 & 3 and at no time did I lose touchscreen, just some sensitivity issues which are now sorted.
Just posting this to let ppl know that this fault is not totally common.

Oldbarzo
(Stransky)

Advent Vega CM 10.1 (Unofficial) Alpha 9b OC 1504
ZTE Blade (Orange San Fran) CM 9 CFX Coldfusion Rel: 15/06
Motorola RAZRi Unlocked, Rooted Homemade Fastboot JB 4.1.2
Commtiva N700 (FM6) Stock Rom w/tjstyle kernal overclocked 864Mhz
Orange Tahiti (Huawei Mediapad) HWMOD ICS Rom w/3.0.42 Kernal (XDA Devs) OC 1550
Nexus 7 Modaco r9 Nightlies.

kougei

kougei

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
To all, I have managed to recover my touchscreen, thanks to a poster on the TabletRoms forum.
It involves flashing the Viewsonic Viewpad P10 v 1.11 which seems to have an auto firmware upgrade process in the rom.

Go to the thread in that forum for the process, and hope it works out for others.

mcfly666

mcfly666

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Devices:zte blade
Can anyone give me a link to the above "Viewsonic Viewpad P10 v 1.11" I cant find it?

richardmlea

richardmlea

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts
  • Interests:Technology, science, movies, motorcycles, classic volkswagons, paintball, skiing to name a few of my interests.

Richard Lea
[email protected]
I offer a friendly, UK Advent Vega repair service for hardware problems. Just PM or email me your requirements.

reddragon105

reddragon105

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
I've got an Advent Vega with a completely unresponsive touchscreen. The firmware is 1.7.18 and the config version is 0.7.5.8 (not 1.7.5.8 as listed in the poll). I'm hopeful that it can be fixed as it's not reporting the 'broken' firmware version, but I've tried a lot of different things on it now and it still isn't working.

I've just tried the Viewsonic Viewpad P10 v1.11 ROM (P10_image_20110728_v1.10.10_VIE_ww_n3g_s.exe), as mentioned a few posts up. It didn't help - and it also doesn't seem to have updated the firmware, as it's still reporting the same version. I've also just tried Tegra Tab Update v1.10 (Tegra Tab Update_v1.10_pov.exe) which is great as it boots into host mode, but recalibrating with that hasn't helped either.

What should I do next? Are there any other ROMs/tools that could help?

richardmlea

richardmlea

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts
Looking at that fw and config versions it looks like the config file is incorrect. To rectify this you need to instal the shuttle test rom https://dl.dropbox.c...0.4_std_dev.exe and let it automatically calibrate the screen at first boot (press the back button when told, charger unplugged). This should correct the config file and the touchscreen should work. You now need to flash moddedstock and boot to recoverey to wipe data/boot/system/cache. now power off by holding the power button then do the back button thing and flash the viewsonic 1.11 Rom to update the firmware at first boot. You can now flash the final rom of your choosing. Hopefully you wont have any problems after this.
Good luck

Richard Lea
[email protected]

reddragon105

reddragon105

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
I did start with the test ROM, as I was following the thread here -
http://android.modac...t-vega-p10-10s/

After letting it calibrate the screen on first boot by pressing the Back button, the touchscreen still doesn't work at all. I've just tried it again now and still nothing.

As I have no touchscreen support, my next step was to use VegaTools in Windows to install and reboot into Clockwork Recovery over USB, which enabled me to format data/boot/system/cache. I then reflashed the test ROM and calibrated again - still nothing. That was when I started looking for alternate ROMs and found the Viewsonic 1.11 ROM mentioned here. So at the moment I'm just going round in circles, formatting in recovery, then NVFlashing another ROM to test, and nothing has worked so far.

richardmlea

richardmlea

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts

I did start with the test ROM, as I was following the thread here -
http://android.modac...t-vega-p10-10s/

After letting it calibrate the screen on first boot by pressing the Back button, the touchscreen still doesn't work at all. I've just tried it again now and still nothing.

As I have no touchscreen support, my next step was to use VegaTools in Windows to install and reboot into Clockwork Recovery over USB, which enabled me to format data/boot/system/cache. I then reflashed the test ROM and calibrated again - still nothing. That was when I started looking for alternate ROMs and found the Viewsonic 1.11 ROM mentioned here. So at the moment I'm just going round in circles, formatting in recovery, then NVFlashing another ROM to test, and nothing has worked so far.

I will PM you some firmware and config files to try but these should only be used as a last ditch effort after trying everything else.

Richard Lea
[email protected]

adamathefrog

adamathefrog

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Any chance of the firmware and config files? :)

richardmlea

richardmlea

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts
http://www.modaco.co...view-mobii-ect/
op updated with firmware and tools needed. Good luck

Edited by richardmlea, 29 June 2012 - 06:22 AM.

Richard Lea
[email protected]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users