Headphone switch bug. 3.5 Jack phantom removed and plug again.

Guest Genrix

Guest Genrix

I have a couple of users, and there is some bug.

If the Metal connected to any external audio amplifier in 3.5 jack, the phone randomly thinks that I disconnect and connect the 3.5 jack. At this moment, lost in the system tray headphone icon. The switching time of about 2 seconds.

If the player does not choose to "stay on pause when removing jack", the sound for a short period of time is directed to an external speaker.

If you select "Pause when removing jack," it is paused.

From the jack is not independent. I tried about ten different jacks.

Can I get this bug, even with just use adapter 3.5 jack to 3.5 jack, on the air. :blink:

When I use ANY headphones this bug never happened.

Hotline Acer told me to use a different jack. Well, as usual .... :angry:

I think it's a hardware bug with different levels of resistance headphones (16 - 32Om) and resistance external amplifier (an over 1KOm). Metal is probably thinking that the jack is not connected because the resistance is too high.

Who has the same bug, please write about it here in the thread. (I need a test group for trying to fix a bug).

Maybe anybody know about same bugs on other devices and way to resolve this bug.

Edited by Genrix

Guest Frojd

Has happened to me too, probably on TechnoLovers's Kernel. I think I was on 1.1 when it hapened a lot with a squeezebox boom. Havenät had as much problems lately, but osmetimes. On 1.2a kernel and original ROM.

Guest moeaeon

I have same bug, on all FWs, with stock headphones this bug is very rare to happen, but with all non-stock, or even without headphones (connected to AUX in the car) this happens very often

Guest Lens_flare
In kernel 1.1 it was okay.

from 1.1 to 1.2 there was an addition - genrix' volume boost hack :D

genrix

If it's true, you've created a bug by yourself :D

Edited by Lens_flare

Guest Genrix

Lol, Lens. What is so bad about me do you think? <_< :lol:

My HP mod does not contain any errors and bugs because they can not contain, in principle. This is understandable when you look at the source code.

This bug I found on 2.2 Froyo stock ROM and ask about this bug from Acer in March, 2011. ;)

New version GB 2.3 not fix this bug.

Link Russian

Link English (google translate)

Edited by Genrix