[Development][ROM] cm9

Guest pier11

Guest Dr Who

All situation with pulse's memory and isc reminds me Windows transition to Vista/7.

While PCs were very comfortable on 1 GB RAM running XP, the same PC could no longer comfortably run Vista.

Could Vista be run? Yes of course. Was it comfortable experience - No.

While just upgrading RAM to 4 GB made the same PC fly again.

Same with Pulse/u8220 and ICS. It's fine with Froyo, but not ICS.

True, true - but stripped down versions of Vista were floating about, where various processes were 'frozen' (or removed). Managed to find the post I was referring to - why on earth can I not search by post rather than by thread, makes it a horrendous experience trying to find something

CM6.1 service freezing guide

Guest desalesouche

Hola a todos he instalado el cm9 en mi huawei U8220 (operadora Movilnet Venezuela) y hasta los momento funciona bien, me puedo conectar al wifi (solo que no puedo utilzar la mac address de mi celular por no funciona) al gps, el bluetooth, puedo enviar y recibir mensajes y hacer y recibir llamadas telefonicas, lo unico que no funciona es la camara.

Felicito a Pier11 y al grupo por esta ROM, igualmente espero que continuen avanzando en su desarrollo y resuelvan lo de la camara y el resto de lo que falta por incluir en la ROM CM9.

Saludos

hola. pienso que el desarollo de esta rom va a parar.porque hay impossibilidad de ameliorar la por falta de memoria y grafica acceleracion rompada...el video playback no functionna bien porque grafica acceleracion rompada...si usted sabe como obtenir un bueno video playback...:) buenas tardes

Guest desalesouche

hi.does returning to previous OpenGL ES API level that is natively supported by this device would help about graphic and video playback?

#

i can see that in cm9-click-20120312-tatoo build.prop: The OpenGL ES API level that is natively supported by this device.

# This is a 16.16 fixed point number.

ro.opengles.version=65536

Edited by desalesouche

Guest pier11

hi.does returning to previous OpenGL ES API level that is natively supported by this device would help about graphic and video playback?

#

i can see that in cm9-click-20120312-tatoo build.prop: The OpenGL ES API level that is natively supported by this device.

# This is a 16.16 fixed point number.

ro.opengles.version=65536

65536  = (10000 HEX) OpenGL ES 1.0

65537  = (10001 HEX) OpenGL ES 1.1

131072 = (20000 HEX) OpenGL ES 2.0

We can't support 2.0 on hardware level. 1.0 is our native version.

Edited by pier11

Guest jen2057

hola. pienso que el desarollo de esta rom va a parar.porque hay impossibilidad de ameliorar la por falta de memoria y grafica acceleracion rompada...el video playback no functionna bien porque grafica acceleracion rompada...si usted sabe como obtenir un bueno video playback...:) buenas tardes

Si es cierto tienes razon no funcionan los videos, es lamentable, bueno espero que encuentren alguna solución.

Gracias.

Guest gold-concert

As far as I know, if you flash the CM9 to 8120, it works almost all but the HA, the camera and stuff.

Works even 3G data transfer.The problem is that often the screen flickers on this firmware.

I think that if you merge it with this build - it will have a good firmware. Still HwAcceleration - it would be super. The camera can wait.

Link: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=20878789#post20878789

Guest jen2057

Hola les traigo una buena noticia: Qualcomm a publicado sus drivers compatibles con ICS para terminales con Adreno 2XX. pienso que con esto se puede solucionar un poco la aceleración de los graficos de manera que se pueda ir avanzando en el desarollo de la rom de cm9.

Saludos

Guest desalesouche

Hola les traigo una buena noticia: Qualcomm a publicado sus drivers compatibles con ICS para terminales con Adreno 2XX. pienso que con esto se puede solucionar un poco la aceleración de los graficos de manera que se pueda ir avanzando en el desarollo de la rom de cm9.

Saludos

que tal? u 8230 tiene un adreno 130 ...

Guest desalesouche

As far as I know, if you flash the CM9 to 8120, it works almost all but the HA, the camera and stuff.

Works even 3G data transfer.The problem is that often the screen flickers on this firmware.

I think that if you merge it with this build - it will have a good firmware. Still HwAcceleration - it would be super. The camera can wait.

Link: http://forum.xda-dev...89#post20878789

hi.can you tell me what you have done to be able to flash it? did you take part from other cm9 rom?thx

Guest gold-concert

I did not pierced until this firmware.

They say it runs 3G. But after flashing to 8230 \ 8220 starts blinking screen. As I understand it is not suitable drivers. On the XDA has a link to Github. You can try to download the source and take out the radio module. Will port camera driver and all. It seems to work a GPS module.

Guest rajoni

Hi pier, I was wondering how did you manage to install system apps directly on sd-ext partition? I see when I unzip your rom that they are not in system folder. Does it have sth to do with meta inf folder which I think contains update script or there are some other files involved? I want to try that with some cm7 mod.

Guest pier11

Hi pier, I was wondering how did you manage to install system apps directly on sd-ext partition? I see when I unzip your rom that they are not in system folder. Does it have sth to do with meta inf folder which I think contains update script or there are some other files involved? I want to try that with some cm7 mod.

It's not that straightforward, but doable. I did that to accommodate big rom ~150 MB to small Pulse's /system partition (110 MB at max). I moved content of /system/app to sd-ext and symlinked it.

Updater script:

- simply copy /sd-ext content to the same named partition on sd-card,

- it also symlinks /system/app to that.

You rom should:

- be able to execute init.d scripts (cmX roms can)

- init.d script should mount /sd-ext on init

- in ramdisk /sd-ext empty folder is created to later mount to.

If rom would not be able mount /sd-ext on boot, it won't boot, as all apps are now located on sd-ext.

Guest rajoni

...init.d script should mount /sd-ext on init

I missed this part and ended in an endless boot. Thanks for the explanation. And great idea BTW.

Edit: Yep, that did the trick. Thanks again..

Edited by rajoni

Guest desalesouche

@ pier11 and others...what about that idea? instead all system is in internal storage to put all that on sd card...and sd card is partionned with 2 fat 32 partition .can't explain me well but would it be possible?

Guest desalesouche

Que tal Amigo

Latest News

Qualcomm releases ICS drivers for ARMv6 GPUs

¿Que opinas, con estas noticia crees que tal vez se pueda retomar la Rom de Cm 9?

Saludos

hola companero.espero que todo esta bien para ti.como te dijo el otro dia tenemos une adreno 130....y no un adreno 2XX. y estos drivers son para el adreno 2XX.....pues no te doy una respusta negativa por el momento....hizo tu pregunta a pier11 que conoce mucho mas que yo...:) .y vamos a saber pronto en un rato...cuidate...ciao

Guest twrock

I thought this article was interesting: http://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/04/02/sony_ics/

Is this people's experience with CM9? Does it run quite slow on our minimal hardware?

Excerpt:

"Sony says its customers should avoid upgrading their Android devices to Ice Cream Sandwich, adding that many of them won't get the option anyway.
In a
on Sony's Developer World the company explains why the latest version of Google's mobile OS uses a lot more memory and is slower than its predecessor, not to mention being less stable on underpowered kit. Sony leaves it up to customers to decide if the bling-laden interface is worthwhile."

Guest pier11

I thought this article was interesting: http://www.theregist...04/02/sony_ics/

Rightly described memory issues in the article. Not only ICS, but even gingerbread tends to kill launcher often. So when returning from memory consuming app, you end up on empty screen with only a wallpaper, and only then launcher is starting. On Pulse at least.

Never a case on 512 MB device.

EDIT:

from the referenced Sony blog:

"ICS was developed with Galaxy Nexus in mind, which is based on a TI platform with dual-core processor and 1GB RAM."

and then:

"We are now adapting ICS to run on our 2011 Xperiaâ„¢ smartphones, which are all built on a Qualcomm platform with single core and 512 MB RAM. "

Edited by pier11

Guest twrock

Rightly described memory issues in the article. Not only ICS, but even gingerbread tends to kill launcher often. So when returning from memory consuming app, you end up on empty screen with only a wallpaper, and only then launcher is starting. On Pulse at least.

Never a case on 512 MB device.

EDIT:

from the referenced Sony blog:

"ICS was developed with Galaxy Nexus in mind, which is based on a TI platform with dual-core processor and 1GB RAM."

and then:

"We are now adapting ICS to run on our 2011 Xperiaâ„¢ smartphones, which are all built on a Qualcomm platform with single core and 512 MB RAM. "

I dropped into a HTC showcase store last night to drool over the latest hardware. Wow, phones running Gingerbread where everything is instant and nothing ever lags. Yes, I do want one! B)

I know there is only so much one can do with our limited processor and memory, but it's amazing how far the weak hardware can be pushed.

Guest pier11

"Android 4.0 Compatibility Definition" document:

"7. Hardware Compatibility

7.6. Memory and Storage

7.6.1. Minimum Memory and Storage

Device implementations MUST have at least 340MB of memory available to the kernel and userspace. The 340MB MUST be in addition to any memory dedicated to hardware components such as radio, video, and so on that is not under the kernel's control."

In translation it mandates 512 MB of RAM for ICS, as not only Android is using the memory.

Also OpenGL 2.0 is a requirement according to the doc.

EDIT:

8. Performance Compatibility

The following applications should

launch within the specified time.

Browser:  less than 1300ms

Contacts: less than 700ms

Settings: less than 700ms

Edited by pier11

• 3 weeks later...
Guest jen2057

hola companero.espero que todo esta bien para ti.como te dijo el otro dia tenemos une adreno 130....y no un adreno 2XX. y estos drivers son para el adreno 2XX.....pues no te doy una respusta negativa por el momento....hizo tu pregunta a pier11 que conoce mucho mas que yo...:) .y vamos a saber pronto en un rato...cuidate...ciao

Amigo revisa este link https://androidmovida.com/2012/04/nueva-rom-ics-2-5-para-el-huawei-um840-by-libderman-r/#more-1692 a ver que opinas

saludos

Guest desalesouche

hi all.what should be done to port that rom ? https://androidmovid...an-r/#more-1692

which boot image to take? the one from cm9-u8220-20120303? or does that rom boot with recovery5.0? and how to fix permission in advance with recovery please?

i know i ask a lot of question actually...:) hope some of them(may be all of them) will be answered...:D

thx to the community

Edited by desalesouche