225 replies to this topic

desalesouche

desalesouche

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 666 posts
  • Devices:u8230/u8860

Hi pier. One question. How did you got rid of that stupid mouse pointer in this rom. I'm playing with your first version, but it is very annoying.. Which files to take from your second version to make that pointer go away? Oh, and if you replace all ril files from second one to the first one you get mobile data working and signal is stable. One more thing, sorry if I'm annoying, but I cannot live without battery pecentage in the status bar, but in your first rom changing that option in settings is not working, so my question is: is there an easy workaround for that issue?

Sorry if I ask too much, but I'm still learning :)

Cheers

Hi.by ril do you mean the 15 ril and bin/qmuxd?can you describe exactly what you have done? does the radio work?wifi?
thx
what i could notice replacing the 15 rils and qmuxd from cm9-20120309 to cm9-20120303 was: bluetooth is working... network operator is telling unable to scan for network.but if you select network automatically;it would register you on network...i call myself from another phone but nothing happened.couldn't receve the call.no ring nothing...canno't call from phone too.

Edited by desalesouche, 18 March 2012 - 12:19 AM.

desalesouche

desalesouche

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 666 posts
edit.if you do the 15 ril+qmuxd from last cm9 to first cm9 = bluetooth is working.network scan is not working but can select automatically and register on network...but radio is still not working...i also add wifi stuff but not working...

BUT doing the same thing+boot image from cm9-20120309= bluetooth working...wifi begin to work...
will try to play some more with libs but i am tired :blink: .long time trying...
edit: i replace libril.so from cm9-20120309 to cm9-20120303 radio is working. could call myself with other phone...but wifi seem to be dead again...

hope that cm9 work will succesfully finish one day...:)

Edited by desalesouche, 18 March 2012 - 12:27 AM.

desalesouche

desalesouche

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 666 posts
hi all. i think it might be interesting to rebuild cm9-20120303 in a similar way than cm9-20120309 with boot image from cm9-20120309.

i think it might merge by doing this something somehow better...i did some test (see my post above)...

if anybody can try or tell me his opinion about that idea.thx

didije

didije

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Devices:t mobile pulse

Hi.by ril do you mean the 15 ril and bin/qmuxd?can you describe exactly what you have done? does the radio work?wifi?
thx
what i could notice replacing the 15 rils and qmuxd from cm9-20120309 to cm9-20120303 was: bluetooth is working... network operator is telling unable to scan for network.but if you select network automatically;it would register you on network...i call myself from another phone but nothing happened.couldn't receve the call.no ring nothing...canno't call from phone too.

Yes, all 15 + 1 of them and boot image. Radio and data are working fine, and so is wifi if you add wifi folder, replace wpa suplicant and wpa suplicant config and hardware legacy, all wifi stuff. Everything is working and youtube hq and lq out of the box, but because it is too slow video is not smooth and there is nothing we can do about it. We simply do not have the capability to run fast and stable cm9, even though everything is working just fine.

Regards.

Edited by didije, 18 March 2012 - 05:15 PM.

superdeman

superdeman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

http://pdadb.net/ind...&c=huawei_u8110

ram:256 mib rom:512....he has a Qualcomm MSM7225

You don't understand me.
Previously, I had a U8110. It does not have 256 MB of RAM.
And in U8230 not 192 mb, and 231 (testimony of this Task Manager). I can make a screenshot.

Edited by superdeman, 18 March 2012 - 08:22 PM.

pier11

pier11

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts
  • Devices:T-Mobile Pulse U8220

You don't understand me.
Previously, I had a U8110. It does not have 256 MB of RAM.
And in U8230 not 192 mb, and 231 (testimony of this Task Manager). I can make a screenshot.

correct memory amount can be seeing in dmesg output taken soon after reboot.
I saw some u8230 dmesg logs and saw there 256 MB value. This amount is not entirely given to android. Some consumes kernel itself, some memory areas are dedicated to inter-processors exchanges. So that's why you slightly less in User Interface: ~231 MB, not 256 MB.

For Pulse u8220 the corresponding values are 128 MB and ~105 MB. Can be seeing in dmesg log.

Dr Who

Dr Who

Timelord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,987 posts
Would one way to tackle the low memory issue be to use something like easyfreezy to freeze processes not needed by the user? Somebody posted a really good guide to which services could be frozen on the pulse (can't remember ROM) to improve performance. Unfortunately I am having no luck finding the post/thread by searching.

pier11

pier11

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Would one way to tackle the low memory issue be to use something like easyfreezy to freeze processes not needed by the user? Somebody posted a really good guide to which services could be frozen on the pulse (can't remember ROM) to improve performance. Unfortunately I am having no luck finding the post/thread by searching.

it'd definitely help. Not sure to what degree though.

I've taken a brief look at new devices coming out with ICS on pdadb.net
So amount of memory is split there between 1GB and 512MB.
Same 512MB is used as a cutting point on cyanogenmod chart I referenced couple of post above.

Edited by pier11, 19 March 2012 - 03:13 PM.

pier11

pier11

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts
All situation with pulse's memory and isc reminds me Windows transition to Vista/7.

While PCs were very comfortable on 1 GB RAM running XP, the same PC could no longer comfortably run Vista.
Could Vista be run? Yes of course. Was it comfortable experience - No.
While just upgrading RAM to 4 GB made the same PC fly again.

Same with Pulse/u8220 and ICS. It's fine with Froyo, but not ICS.

Edited by pier11, 19 March 2012 - 03:30 PM.

jen2057

jen2057

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Devices:Huawei U8220
Hola a todos he instalado el cm9 en mi huawei U8220 (operadora Movilnet Venezuela) y hasta los momento funciona bien, me puedo conectar al wifi (solo que no puedo utilzar la mac address de mi celular por no funciona) al gps, el bluetooth, puedo enviar y recibir mensajes y hacer y recibir llamadas telefonicas, lo unico que no funciona es la camara.
Felicito a Pier11 y al grupo por esta ROM, igualmente espero que continuen avanzando en su desarrollo y resuelvan lo de la camara y el resto de lo que falta por incluir en la ROM CM9.

Saludos

Dr Who

Dr Who

Timelord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,987 posts

All situation with pulse's memory and isc reminds me Windows transition to Vista/7.

While PCs were very comfortable on 1 GB RAM running XP, the same PC could no longer comfortably run Vista.
Could Vista be run? Yes of course. Was it comfortable experience - No.
While just upgrading RAM to 4 GB made the same PC fly again.

Same with Pulse/u8220 and ICS. It's fine with Froyo, but not ICS.

True, true - but stripped down versions of Vista were floating about, where various processes were 'frozen' (or removed). Managed to find the post I was referring to - why on earth can I not search by post rather than by thread, makes it a horrendous experience trying to find something

CM6.1 service freezing guide

desalesouche

desalesouche

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 666 posts

Hola a todos he instalado el cm9 en mi huawei U8220 (operadora Movilnet Venezuela) y hasta los momento funciona bien, me puedo conectar al wifi (solo que no puedo utilzar la mac address de mi celular por no funciona) al gps, el bluetooth, puedo enviar y recibir mensajes y hacer y recibir llamadas telefonicas, lo unico que no funciona es la camara.
Felicito a Pier11 y al grupo por esta ROM, igualmente espero que continuen avanzando en su desarrollo y resuelvan lo de la camara y el resto de lo que falta por incluir en la ROM CM9.

Saludos

hola. pienso que el desarollo de esta rom va a parar.porque hay impossibilidad de ameliorar la por falta de memoria y grafica acceleracion rompada...el video playback no functionna bien porque grafica acceleracion rompada...si usted sabe como obtenir un bueno video playback...:) buenas tardes

desalesouche

desalesouche

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 666 posts
hi.does returning to previous OpenGL ES API level that is natively supported by this device would help about graphic and video playback?
#

i can see that in cm9-click-20120312-tatoo build.prop: The OpenGL ES API level that is natively supported by this device.
# This is a 16.16 fixed point number.
ro.opengles.version=65536

Edited by desalesouche, 21 March 2012 - 04:02 PM.

pier11

pier11

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts

hi.does returning to previous OpenGL ES API level that is natively supported by this device would help about graphic and video playback?
#

i can see that in cm9-click-20120312-tatoo build.prop: The OpenGL ES API level that is natively supported by this device.
# This is a 16.16 fixed point number.
ro.opengles.version=65536

65536  = (10000 HEX) OpenGL ES 1.0
65537  = (10001 HEX) OpenGL ES 1.1
131072 = (20000 HEX) OpenGL ES 2.0
We can't support 2.0 on hardware level. 1.0 is our native version.

Edited by pier11, 21 March 2012 - 04:17 PM.

jen2057

jen2057

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

hola. pienso que el desarollo de esta rom va a parar.porque hay impossibilidad de ameliorar la por falta de memoria y grafica acceleracion rompada...el video playback no functionna bien porque grafica acceleracion rompada...si usted sabe como obtenir un bueno video playback...:) buenas tardes

Si es cierto tienes razon no funcionan los videos, es lamentable, bueno espero que encuentren alguna solución.
Gracias.

gold-concert

gold-concert

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
As far as I know, if you flash the CM9 to 8120, it works almost all but the HA, the camera and stuff.
Works even 3G data transfer.The problem is that often the screen flickers on this firmware.
I think that if you merge it with this build - it will have a good firmware. Still HwAcceleration - it would be super. The camera can wait.

Link: http://forum.xda-dev...89#post20878789

jen2057

jen2057

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Hola les traigo una buena noticia: Qualcomm a publicado sus drivers compatibles con ICS para terminales con Adreno 2XX. pienso que con esto se puede solucionar un poco la aceleración de los graficos de manera que se pueda ir avanzando en el desarollo de la rom de cm9.

Saludos

desalesouche

desalesouche

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 666 posts

Hola les traigo una buena noticia: Qualcomm a publicado sus drivers compatibles con ICS para terminales con Adreno 2XX. pienso que con esto se puede solucionar un poco la aceleración de los graficos de manera que se pueda ir avanzando en el desarollo de la rom de cm9.

Saludos

que tal? u 8230 tiene un adreno 130 ...

desalesouche

desalesouche

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 666 posts

As far as I know, if you flash the CM9 to 8120, it works almost all but the HA, the camera and stuff.
Works even 3G data transfer.The problem is that often the screen flickers on this firmware.
I think that if you merge it with this build - it will have a good firmware. Still HwAcceleration - it would be super. The camera can wait.

Link: http://forum.xda-dev...89#post20878789

hi.can you tell me what you have done to be able to flash it? did you take part from other cm9 rom?thx

gold-concert

gold-concert

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
I did not pierced until this firmware.
They say it runs 3G. But after flashing to 8230 \ 8220 starts blinking screen. As I understand it is not suitable drivers. On the XDA has a link to Github. You can try to download the source and take out the radio module. Will port camera driver and all. It seems to work a GPS module.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users