[Development][ROM] cm9

Guest pier11

• 1 month later...

Well... If anyone interested, I'll try to start this momentum again.

ICS Data, constant GSM without disruptions and HWA - I'll try to "use" some HTC Hero magic (almost same devices)...

If successful will post results... :)

Guest theprincemoh

ICS Data, constant GSM without disruptions and HWA - I'll try to "use" some HTC Hero magic (almost same devices)...

good

:D

Guest desalesouche

awesome...i am interested ....

awesome...i am interested ....

Well...

Just a quick insight to the progress, I have managed to put up 2 versions:

1) CM9 Pulse based ROM+additions to build.prop+init.d tweaks mixed with some Hero framework+qualcomm libs (generic) with changed rild for data (still testing)

results: less gsm connection disruptions (one every 30-60 minutes, only on very low level tower signal, will try tweaking+build,prop), faster response, min CPU speed needed 645 Mhz+64 Mb swap, additional menu items in Settings (direct Hero FW)

*good thing that in some bootanimation works correctly (HWA) but starting is significantly slower and the problem is that adb connection is not functional every time (more often no) so cannot live check the logs.-Will additionally check

downsized to 100 Mb /system to avoid using /sd-ext for system apps+downscaled bootanimation.zip under 900 Kb

SU *root* support (almost, still finishing) :wub: - following A2SD testing after implementation

Wifi behaving strangely (on base CM9 port and others)

2) ParanoidAndroid based ROM (HTC Hero)+init.d tweaks+build.prop edits

Downsized to 100 Mb /system with basic GAPPS package

Downsized bootanimation.zip to 800 Kb

Still at boot screen, have to check what is holding the booting down (will not properly at regular speed initiate dalvik-cache

Still have to find out is the problem related to FW, libs or other...

Good things:

HWA will be tested thoroughly-if HTC Hero gets HWA earlier it will be easier to implement due to similarity of 2 ours device and Hero

Speed of the ROM (CM9 based) has been significantly upscaled, will try checking this part more (almost CM7 based roms identical)

Trying GPS combinations (/system/lib/hw)

After modifing base ICS ROM and setting up HWA, BT, GPS and Camera all ICS ports will be easier... ;)

Bad things:

First of all... I will surely have to "open" kernel for additional tweaking - will post results after decompiling - if anyone interested in working together please do...

GPS, data issue, BT - have to check is it library or kernel related issue - currently checking

Camera non functional - problem??? Will check after finishing upper checking

Guest theprincemoh

Well...

1) CM9 Pulse based ROM+additions to build.prop+init.d tweaks mixed with some Hero framework+qualcomm libs (generic) with changed rild for data (still testing)

results: less gsm connection disruptions (one every 30-60 minutes, only on very low level tower signal, will try tweaking+build,prop), faster response, min CPU speed needed 645 Mhz+64 Mb swap, additional menu items in Settings (direct Hero FW)

*good thing that in some bootanimation works correctly (HWA) but starting is significantly slower and the problem is that adb connection is not functional every time (more often no) so cannot live check the logs.-Will additionally check

downsized to 100 Mb /system to avoid using /sd-ext for system apps+downscaled bootanimation.zip under 900 Kb

SU *root* support (almost, still finishing) :wub: - following A2SD testing after implementation

Still at boot screen, have to check what is holding the booting down (will not properly at regular speed initiate dalvik-cache

Good things:

HWA will be tested thoroughly-if HTC Hero gets HWA earlier it will be easier to implement due to similarity of 2 ours device and Hero

Speed of the ROM (CM9 based) has been significantly upscaled, will try checking this part more (almost CM7 based roms identical)

After modifing base ICS ROM and setting up HWA, BT, GPS and Camera all ICS ports will be easier... ;)

Bad things:

First of all... I will surely have to "open" kernel for additional tweaking - will post results after decompiling - if anyone interested in working together please do...

GPS, data issue, BT - have to check is it library or kernel related issue - currently checking

good

but i think jelly bean will be better

and lighter

Guest desalesouche

may be this can help about signal loss and save battery

add in build prop.

#No signal lost means less battery consume

ro.mot.eri.losalert.delay=100000

edit: @ theprincemoh i think that once cm9 would be set and fixed correctely...it would be easier to make cm10...correct me if i am wrong...

Edited by desalesouche

Guest theprincemoh

may be this can help about signal loss and save battery

add in build prop.

#No signal lost means less battery consume

ro.mot.eri.losalert.delay=100000

edit: @ theprincemoh i think that once cm9 would be set and fixed correctely...it would be easier to make cm10...correct me if i am wrong...

i am not a developer really

but i think yes

but i think too ICS will be very heavy

Guest desalesouche

i am not a developer really

but i think yes

but i think too ICS will be very heavy...but with we can make it lighter...

you're right...i think that jb is lighter and working better than ics after testing on huawei u8660

i think the bigger problem about ics would be to adapt the graphic driver to our adreno (130)...

edit: one could do similar work for graphic driver...but huge work... http://forum.xda-dev....php?p=33374614

edit 2: i manage to port GB shendu os v0.7 from huawei honor u8860 to u8220/8230...i have some app who fc...think will upload it tomorrow

Edited by desalesouche

Guest theprincemoh

ياريت دا انا رجعت cm7 تاني

ملقتش والا واحد حلو مبيسحبش البطارية

كلهم بياكلو البطارية

رجعت ل cm6

احسن واحد حتي الان

وهجرب واحد جديد اتمني يكون فيه المراد

:]

Guest desalesouche

كلهم بياكلو البطارية

رجعت ل cm6

احسن واحد حتي الان

salam alikum ...please write english here...or at least add google translation... hebsalama

you can try my last rom ...

Edited by desalesouche

Guest desalesouche

Well...

Good things:

Bad things:

pease provide link of your work so we can test and help...thank you..

Guest theprincemoh

salam alikum ...please write english here...or at least add google translation... hebsalama

you can try my last rom ...

I can write english good without google

but

he is egyption like me

so i wrote in arabic

and i'am trying your last rom and i told u my opinion :D

what i said to him is

that "i didn't find any cm7 rom doesn't eat battery

so i'am using cm6 is the best til now

and i will try a new cm7 rom (yours)"

:D

just it

كلهم بياكلو البطارية

رجعت ل cm6

احسن واحد حتي الان

right. sa7

EDIT:

Egyptian: bos el u8230 bta3na da ta2reban malhoosh ay rom. we ana msa7t el rom el asly. fa ba2a a7sn wa7ed garabto howa bta3 desalesouche.

English: Look,Our u8230 almost has no roms. and i deleted the stock rom. so the best ones i tested are desalesouche rom cm7 and twrock cm7 cm6

Eng:see ya soon,modaco peeps

Ar: Nalkakom kareeban ayoha al nas

Edited by pCasto

Guest desalesouche

@desalesouche

any news on cyanmobile experience?

will upload a port tonite (CM7.2RC3.5-2.3.7cyanmobile experience)but for the last cyanmobilex 2013/01 experience, we will have to wait.i am in touch with dev so may be we can get soon 2.3.8 cyanmobile experience for u8220/8230...

@desalesouche

my apps are running very smooth and nice on that hell nice cyanmobile experience ROM.

Can't anyone here port a paranoidandroid rom to this pulse?

Guest desalesouche

@desalesouche

my apps are running very smooth and nice on that hell nice cyanmobile experience ROM.

Can't anyone here port a paranoidandroid rom to this pulse?

thank you ... domica is porting one...but i think he will release it when rom is ok....> http://www.modaco.co...00#entry2069624 Edited by desalesouche

@Desalesouche

What will be ur next port? I would like emotion ui from the g300. it has gb. we can get gb by cm7 or ur cyanmobile rom. so if you can port tell me.

Guest desalesouche

@Desalesouche

What will be ur next port? I would like emotion ui from the g300. it has gb. we can get gb by cm7 or ur cyanmobile rom. so if you can port tell me.

can you give me a link for emotion ui from g300? will see that...

what i have heard is that emotion ui is not working very good..

my next project is about 2.3.8 cyanmobile experience for u8220/u8230...but i am not doing it...it is a dev who will build it .i am waiting news from him...

we have to be patient because , he's working and has many project...