Photo

[ROM][ZTE Skate][Blade Port] Swedish Snow RLS7 (13/Apr/2012)

* * * * - 5 votes

• Please log in to reply
111 replies to this topic

pablitobm88

pablitobm88

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Hello C3C0

Which of your two roms advice? Skate to use the social networking and news reading whatsapp

Thank you friend

Edited by pablitobm88, 13 March 2012 - 06:53 PM.

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 5
Hard to tell, really :) Everyone prefers something else. The best way is to go and try yourself and decide what suits you best.

Swedish Snow has more features than Skatie but on the other hand Skatie has update kitchen running on web.
You should collect your own cons and pros you will find while trying both roms and then decide yourself.

Links to my stuff: SlimBean (Android 4.2.2), RootBox (CM/AOKP/PA mix 4.2.2), ParanoidJelly2 (AOSPA 4.2.2), ParanoidJelly (JB), ParanoidAndroid (ICS), MokeeOS (GB), CM7.2 (GB), SKatie (GB), SwedishSnow (GB), Kernels
If you like my contribution to Android community, click donate button on my page at: http://ceco.sk.eu.org
Please, do not use personal conversation to solve your problems. Use forum - its power is often underestimated. If I can't help somebody else will certainly try to. Thanks.

pablitobm88

pablitobm88

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Hard to tell, really :) Everyone prefers something else. The best way is to go and try yourself and decide what suits you best.

Swedish Snow has more features than Skatie but on the other hand Skatie has update kitchen running on web.
You should collect your own cons and pros you will find while trying both roms and then decide yourself.

ok, thanks

ebus

ebus

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Devices:ZTE OMC
can this rom have status bar at the bottom and cm7 themes ? please

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts
Sorry but i am not making any mods to it. I am just porting original. Ask in Konstat's original thread instead. Thanks.

Links to my stuff: SlimBean (Android 4.2.2), RootBox (CM/AOKP/PA mix 4.2.2), ParanoidJelly2 (AOSPA 4.2.2), ParanoidJelly (JB), ParanoidAndroid (ICS), MokeeOS (GB), CM7.2 (GB), SKatie (GB), SwedishSnow (GB), Kernels
If you like my contribution to Android community, click donate button on my page at: http://ceco.sk.eu.org
Please, do not use personal conversation to solve your problems. Use forum - its power is often underestimated. If I can't help somebody else will certainly try to. Thanks.

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts
RLS6 now up! Link in the first post.

I tested the functionality of the basic system and everything seems to be working great.

Enjoy!

PejotA

PejotA

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts
  • Devices:Zte Skate V960 Ice Armor
  • Twitter:@Pajorve
Incridible ROM...Perfect...really perfect! Very clean, fast and running very well in my Skate!
Great Job ....great job! Thank you very much ... :D:D:D:D

官寇玉

官寇玉

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:ZTE-UV960
很好 很强大。感谢楼主。3Q

CIM1

CIM1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
Thanks for the good work on this ROM.

Any recommendations for best TPT for resizing partitions optimally?

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts
System itself has ~131MB. So 150MB would be enough for system partition.

CIM1

CIM1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

System itself has ~131MB. So 150MB would be enough for system partition.

Thanks, that sounds good - any recommendation on cache size? I read the comment in the original post re. cache2tempfs when cache < 20MB but not sure what the implications are if this is used.

timfimjim

timfimjim

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 632 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend g300, Nexus 7

Thanks, that sounds good - any recommendation on cache size? I read the comment in the original post re. cache2tempfs when cache < 20MB but not sure what the implications are if this is used.

Not entirely sure either. But this might help:

All-in-one TPT installation:
This will only work in phones that were sold with gen1 layout or updated to gen2 via TPT method. This won't work if your phone was sold gen2 or you have used windows tool to update.

-updates gen1->gen2
-repartitions internal storage (128mb /system, 326mb /data, 2mb /cache, 0,1mb /oem)
-installs Swedish Snow RLS6
-installs ClockWorkMod Recovery 4.0.1.5
-installs classic green android splash screen

So it looks like you might be alright with a 2mb cache partition. I'm going to try it myself and will report back.

timfimjim

timfimjim

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 632 posts

Sorry but i am not making any mods to it. I am just porting original. Ask in Konstat's original thread instead. Thanks.

I'm guessing this means it doesn't have the new EGL graphics libs.

Have you tried flashing them to this ROM?

Thanks

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts
Rls6 already has them. Just see the konstat's changelog

simicsl

simicsl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Skate & ZTE Grand X
Can you add some mirrors... download is paintully slow... :huh:

CIM1

CIM1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

So it looks like you might be alright with a 2mb cache partition. I'm going to try it myself and will report back.

Yes the blade stuff suggests should be Ok with 2MB but I ended up flashing the larger cache version for now...

So far looks very good. Only running a few hours but yet to find any issues. Also coming from CM7 pleased to find wifi speed is much faster - previously got 5Mbps - now 14mbps on same connection.

(edit)
Here's Antutu numbers at 787MHz - has a slowish class 4 SD card but seems OK overall.

Attached File  skateswedishsnowRLS6Antutu.png   59.34KB   11 downloads

BTW - GPS, camera, FM radio, proximity detector and compass all seem to work fine also and still yet to find any real problems. Only slight niggle was I needed to use DSP EQ to boost speaker levels - no big deal.

Edited by CIM1, 15 March 2012 - 12:27 PM.

timfimjim

timfimjim

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 632 posts

Rls6 already has them. Just see the konstat's changelog

Ah yes it does.

Very nice port C3CO, liking it a lot. Reminds me of the good old blade days!

Edited by timfimjim, 15 March 2012 - 09:44 PM.

olimpx

olimpx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Very good ROM!
But Superuser app doesn't work (root work well).

KonstaT

KonstaT

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,656 posts
  • Devices:Moto G, ZTE Open C
  • Twitter:@konstatuomio

Very good ROM!
But Superuser app doesn't work (root work well).

It seems that /system/bin/su binary has been swapped during porting.

You can install the latest Superuser app and su binary (Superuser-3.0.7-efghi-signed.zip) from Superuser homepage through ClockWorkMod. If your root is working, you should also be able to update the su binary from Superuser app. Superuser -> MENU -> Preferences -> Su binary.

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts
Thanks for the info.

Will fix this later.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users