[CM9] Cyanogenmod 9 for LiquidA1/LiquidE

Guest thepasto

Guest alboz83

I think is not normal when screen is flickering.. The strange thing is that mine don't. I can check it in next days

Ok thanks..happens to me very often and i see that not just me.

Guest sanniep

reflashed yesterday but still have issues. For sometime after reboot the rom works very smooth (really great work thepasto!!), but after a while it gets slower, lockscreen issue pops up, suddenly reboots and/or touch becomes unresponsive. unfortunately can't exactly pinpoint what causes this behaviour. i have no flicking issues btw

Guest thearchitect197

Hi All

I just flashed cm9 to my Liquid S100 and it's perfect and quicker than cm7.2. The only issue was the USB Mass Storage not working.

I tried uninstalling the ACER drivers as suggested but still no joy so after hunting around I found a short guide for an optimus one (thanks mastershefis), which forces windows to reload its drivers and it worked instantly (for me).

Just make a backup of these 2 files then delete them

C:/Windows/INF/

- wpdmtp.inf

- wpdmtp.pnf

Enable USB Mass storage the normal way

After deleting those files windows automatically installs the correct drivers and you can use Mass Storage

thanks go out to thepasto and all others involved in the development of CM9.

Guest Diljeet

PLEASE READ:

For any person having Freezes and Non-Touch Response or No/Slow Touch Response, please read.

i am back to CM9, before i never had these issues(i used the rom for many days before) even the wake delay happened a few times, but when i flashed the rom yesterday i had the wake issue, touch response issue and lag issue too.

Here is why that happened, i always change the settings of the rom so i enabled/ disabled many features and rom started to miss behave.

So after many experiments/ hangs/ reboots(in changing settings), i found what was going wrong.

I enabled Settings-Performance-MemorManagement-KERNEL SAMEPAGE MERGING and this feature was giving me the errors of non-touch response.

So please for every user who has similar problems, disable this feature if it is enabled. (from yesterday i had no lags,no feezes and no wake issue)

Thanks thePasto for Screen Wake Patch(its strange but the rom is running more smooth now then previous install, i don't know what you did, thanks)

Guest alboz83

Guys i'm happy with CM9 (apart flicking issue), no freezes, no reboot, but it's a few slow and when i open an application (for example sms app), the open is not immediate and i wait 5-6 seconds also. Also for you is the same thing? I'm using V6supercharger also

Guest thepasto

PLEASE READ:

For any person having Freezes and Non-Touch Response or No/Slow Touch Response, please read.

i am back to CM9, before i never had these issues(i used the rom for many days before) even the wake delay happened a few times, but when i flashed the rom yesterday i had the wake issue, touch response issue and lag issue too.

Here is why that happened, i always change the settings of the rom so i enabled/ disabled many features and rom started to miss behave.

So after many experiments/ hangs/ reboots(in changing settings), i found what was going wrong.

I enabled Settings-Performance-MemorManagement-KERNEL SAMEPAGE MERGING and this feature was giving me the errors of non-touch response.

So please for every user who has similar problems, disable this feature if it is enabled. (from yesterday i had no lags,no feezes and no wake issue)

Thanks thePasto for Screen Wake Patch(its strange but the rom is running more smooth now then previous install, i don't know what you did, thanks)

Totally right :D Thanks for reporting. It should be disabled until fixed.

Thank you for the patch, it works ! But I have a little problem with the sound. When the sound is mute and I watch a video or play a game, I hear sizzles in the speaker. Am I the only one ?

Is it normal ? thanks

Edited by rere16

Guest sanniep

PLEASE READ:

Thanks Diljeet!!! That really helped a lot!!

Guest Hansie00

Hi Guys,

Great work on cm9 but unfortunately I have some problems. I've reïnstalled several times, but problems remain.

BT is not working for me, neither does Wifi work. Led notifications for sms don't work and connecting through usb isn't working.

Any help would be great to get this working, or debugging.

I've got kernel 2.6.29.6

Edited by Hansie00

Guest alboz83

I discovered that swappiness in liquidparts app don't works, I'm trying to change value but i see that the value in sysctl.conf file is 30 always. I change it here

Guest titus95

It's good I found the problem for my freezes and wake-up.

This is the SetCPU parameter, smartassV2 not appropriate. With ondemand everything is ok.

Thanks again thepasto.

Guest Hansie00

Any

Hi Guys,

Great work on cm9 but unfortunately I have some problems. I've reïnstalled several times, but problems remain.

BT is not working for me, neither does Wifi work. Led notifications for sms don't work and connecting through usb isn't working.

I've got kernel 2.6.29.6

Anyone?

Guest Diljeet

Any

Hi Guys,

I've got kernel 2.6.29.6

Anyone?

Hello wifi in my modem is all out, so can't use/test Wifi, but my Bluetooth is working perfectly.

For USB storage its working for me on Win 7(you need new drivers from first post, but note you need to find all previous drivers and uninstall them otherwise the new drivers won't work), thePasto uses Linux and it works for Linux also.

Which OS/version are you running on your PC.

Alternatively you can reboot into recovery and the USB storage will work.

LED i can't check i am not famous so nobody calls me or even missed call me, and for messages i forgot to check LED.

----

On my usage i found a fix or say error on laggy 3D rendering in certain cases and apps, i will report that in my next post in some hours.

Guest Diljeet

Guys, is the patch on page one the only one available or are there other fixes floating around? I'm too lazy to re-read all the pages :D

Yes Master_T the only patch available is on the first post(no other patches are there).

But some settings in system are miss behaving KSM in memory management gives freezes and non-touch response.

And also 3d performance is a bit missbehaving because of settings will report in next post.

Guest Diljeet

ERROR/FIX 3D Performance

please read thePasto/pravata and other devs.

All users can skip the boring part and read the blue texts.

---

So here is my report, its nothing but strange behavior of rom under certain circumstances.

first about opengl applications, opengl surfaces uses a surface view to render scenes some apps initialize all the opengl surface content(GL,EGL) and some applications use the in build GLSurfaceView Class.

• the applicatons which initialize the surfaceview GL EGL objects manually are rendering at maximum frame rate(currently around 41fps)

• the applications using the GLSurfaceView(which uses default libraries) class are rendering at a 25fps approx(this is the main problem).

----

Please test it with attached application(i have attached a simple opengl application displaying fps at top left, wait for it to appear, its a rough test app)

• set the governer to ondemand(overclock or not your choice) and open the attached application.

see the fps at top for a while, its around 25fps and then touch the screen and move the finger to and fro, at this time the fps increases to maximum around 41(strange i also noticed this in previous version and the test rom after beta4 from thePasto), this problem remains with the interactiveX governer too.(the fps is increasing as long as i am interacting i.e. i am touching and drops after the touch is over)

• but when i use smartassV2 or performance as governer the attached application renders at max fps 41(so every thing is rendering smooth at max fps whei use governer smartassv2). i haven't tested other governers.

----

in the test rom from thePasto and beta4 the maximum fps was 59 but not consistent, but in the RC1 max fps is 41 but is consistent.

One more thing:

when i compile my application i get following errors in the opengl commands which never gave errors in other roms(the errors may point devs to the problems, i got them from eclipse Logcat)

10-13 03:59:58.915: E/Adreno200-ES11(10064): <qglDrvAPI_glHint:380>: GL_INVALID_ENUM

10-13 03:59:58.935: E/Adreno200-ES11(10064): <qglDrvAPI_glTexImage2D:1913>: GL_INVALID_ENUM

10-13 03:59:59.255: E/Adreno200-ES11(10064): <qglDrvAPI_glTexImage2D:1913>: GL_INVALID_ENUM

gl.glHint(GL11.GL_GENERATE_MIPMAP,GL10.GL_NICEST); gl.glTexParameterf(GL10.GL_TEXTURE_2D,GL11.GL_GENERATE_MIPMAP,GL10.GL_TRUE);

GLUtils.texImage2D(GL10.GL_TEXTURE_2D, 0, tempImage, 0);

these are the commands which give these errors(and i am preety much sure that i didn't left any errors in my program), so the libraries GL11 or EGL11 may be giving the errors.

I hope this helps you the thePasto or pravata or whoever is working on the 3d rendering stuff.

Best of Luck113.gif

BouncySquare.zip

Guest Hansie00

Hello wifi in my modem is all out, so can't use/test Wifi, but my Bluetooth is working perfectly.

For USB storage its working for me on Win 7(you need new drivers from first post, but note you need to find all previous drivers and uninstall them otherwise the new drivers won't work), thePasto uses Linux and it works for Linux also.

Which OS/version are you running on your PC.

Alternatively you can reboot into recovery and the USB storage will work.

LED i can't check i am not famous so nobody calls me or even missed call me, and for messages i forgot to check LED.

----

On my usage i found a fix or say error on laggy 3D rendering in certain cases and apps, i will report that in my next post in some hours.

I'm on Windows 8. I know usb works in recovery, but don't want to boot in recovery every time i want a file... Don't know why BT is not working for me, neither wifi. :(

Guest Ma7moud

I'm on Windows 8. I know usb works in recovery, but don't want to boot in recovery every time i want a file... Don't know why BT is not working for me, neither wifi.

Windows 8 has some problems with android drivers, i'm sure someone posted a fix for it in this thread, but too lazy right now to look for it

Guest thearchitect197

Windows 8 has some problems with android drivers, i'm sure someone posted a fix for it in this thread, but too lazy right now to look for it

Try this it works in win7

Hi All

I just flashed cm9 to my Liquid S100 and it's perfect and quicker than cm7.2. The only issue was the USB Mass Storage not working.

I tried uninstalling the ACER drivers as suggested but still no joy so after hunting around I found a short guide for an optimus one (thanks mastershefis), which forces windows to reload its drivers and it worked instantly (for me).

Just make a backup of these 2 files then delete them

C:/Windows/INF/

- wpdmtp.inf

- wpdmtp.pnf

Enable USB Mass storage the normal way

After deleting those files windows automatically installs the correct drivers and you can use Mass Storage

thanks go out to thepasto and all others involved in the development of CM9.

Guest alboz83

Guys, we all know that with 256mb of ram ics will be slow in any case, because we need to use swap. I have Sandisk Mobile Ultra CL6 (should be faster than CL10), but i have seen that there are the Sandisk Extreme Pro which are much faster. For you ics would be faster with this sd card?

Guest Diljeet

I'm on Windows 8. I know usb works in recovery, but don't want to boot in recovery every time i want a file... Don't know why BT is not working for me, neither wifi. :(

most probably this will solve bluetooth issue temporarily, enable the bluetooth an then reboot the device with bluetooth enabled, i had a problem today and did this and it worked again.(try this with wifi too)

Edited by Diljeet