[This is the final version of this rom from me. I no longer have a working U8220, so I can't test any further modifications. That being said, it was the rom I was using up until my U8220 broke in January 2013, and it was working very well for me then.]This rom contains the basic CM6.x apps and includes a very basic set of Google apps. Some of the stock apps have been replaced with alternatives and some have been deleted. Including DT Apps2SD, this rom requires a /system partition of over 90mb.
Changelog: See the second post for the changelog.
Thanks: First, a huge thanks to dr.flo, Pier11, and all the other contributors for the real work in bringing us a great Froyo/CyanogenMod rom. The credit is all theirs. (I just do the easy stuff.) Also, the developers of the apps I chose to pre-install should be thanked for providing great free software. Please support them by donation or by purchasing their "pro" versions.
- The MAC address is not correct, but can be fixed. See the second post for the fix.
- Both cameras work. However, you will need to set up GScriptLite (included in the rom) in order to switch between the two. See the second post for details on how to do this.
- There is a bug where sometimes there is no sound though the phone speaker upon answering a call. The person on the other end can hear you fine, but you hear nothing. It is an inconsistent bug, but a temporary solution is to quickly click on the volume down button, and this seems to restore the sound. You can then click the volume back up.
- Starting with version 20120407, the button lights will not work. This is part of the kernel, and I can't change that. However, if you do not care about ipv6 support and ext3/4 support, you can download the older boot.img below and have the lights back. (I personally don't need the lights, and it might save a little power to have them disabled.)
- There is a bug with Simplified Chinese language setting. (This bug does not affect Traditional Chinese.) I don't know why or what to do about it. Until a solution is found, I can not recommend people who need Simplified Chinese use this rom. Sorry.
Pre-installation requirements. (This is important, so read all of this!)
(For a more complete "how-to" on the points below please refer to The Ultimate Pulse Owners Guide.)
- This ROM has been created for the Huawei U8220/U8230.
- U8220/Pulse users who are installing the Styx rom must first update to a Huawei official update with a large enough /system partition. I recommend the TRE update but you can also use the UK update from back in 2010, the CHT8000 update, or the Hungarian update.
- U8230 and U8220-6 users should not flash the official U8220 updates mentioned above; install this rom over your original U8230 or U8220-6 2.1 rom.
- You must have Clockwork Recovery installed (not AmonRA) in order to install this rom. Incidentally, I'm using CW Recovery 126.96.36.199; apparently, CW Recovery v.188.8.131.52 does not work correctly. Later versions of CW Recovery might work, but I haven't tested any.
- In order for DT Apps2SD and swap to work properly, you must format your SD card properly before you install this rom. (I have a 8gb class 10 card with 256mb ext2 partition for a2sd and a 32mb Linux swap partition; the rest formatted to fat32.) However, the rom will work fine without doing that, you just won't have that added functionality. You can enable the built-in app moving if you prefer not to use DT Apps2SD.
Styx-620 .32 kernel version (the rom build 2012 05 25a; primarily an update for newer apps and minor build.prop changes)
Styx .32 boot.img 2012 04 02 (this is an optional older boot.img, which has support for the button lights, but lacks support for ipv6 and ext3/4; this was the boot.img in all versions prior to the 2012 04 07 build; flash after the rom)
DT Apps2SD 184.108.40.206 (Dark Tremor Apps2SD can be flashed immediately after the full rom if you wish)
Arabic support patch (beta; flash any time after you have flashed the rom)
Chinese IME support (HanvonCalla handwriting IME and two Chinese language packs for TouchPal; flashable zip can be flashed at any time; all files are installed to /system, so make sure you have enough space; this will likely not fit in the official UK 2010 rom partitions)
HanvonCalla Chinese handwriting (Chinese handwriting IME only; flashable zip that installs to /system)
Touchpal Chinese language packs (Traditional and Simplified Chinese language packs; unzip the files, copy to SD card, and install as other apps; this is not a flashable zip)
Basic installation steps:
- Copy the "Styx*.zip" file to your SD card.
- Reboot into Clockwork Recovery (220.127.116.11) by holding down the red end call and menu buttons and pushing the power button.
- "nandroid" then "Backup" (if you skip this step, and you might live to regret it)
- "wipe data/factory reset" and "Yes -- delete all user data"
- "install zip from sdcard" then "choose zip from sdcard" then scroll to "Styx*.zip" and "Yes - Install Styx*.zip"
- [optional step, but highly recommended] "install zip from sdcard" then "choose zip from sdcard" then scroll to "dtapp2sd-18.104.22.168-signed.zip" and "Yes - Install dtapp2sd-22.214.171.124-signed.zip"
- "reboot system now"
Edited by twrock, 14 March 2013 - 06:06 AM.