twrock

twrock

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,683 posts
  • Devices:Jiayu G2S & Huawei G300

Browser in cm7.2 has +/- buttons

Is that a function of the newer browser in CM7, or is it because of rom settings?
TXG also does not have +/- in browser, so I don't know for sure about any of this. :huh:

D-D-

D-D-

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 414 posts
  • Devices:T-mobile Pulse
  • Twitter:@boriseto
There are+/- buttons in froyo rom.

Edited by D-D-, 09 March 2012 - 03:44 PM.

twrock

twrock

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,683 posts

There are+/- buttons in froyo rom.

NVM. It looks like you edited before I hit reply.

Edited by twrock, 09 March 2012 - 03:53 PM.

twrock

twrock

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,683 posts
Maybe I'm imagining things, but replacing android.hardware.touchscreen.multitouch.xml with the single touch version "seems" to make screen touches better for me. Maybe others can confirm this one way or another. I will upload the latest version of this rom shortly (and then go to bed). Hopefully all the rest of the problems with this rom will be solved when I wake up tomorrow. :lol:

Edit: 2012 03 09c version is uploaded; see first post for link.

Edited by twrock, 09 March 2012 - 04:09 PM.

Moskito204

Moskito204

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
Hi

Is there so much differences from kernel .29 to .32?

I recently installed the TXG, and i'm at least curious about this rom.
1 questions: it's good enough for every day use ?

Thanks
Moskito204

twrock

twrock

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,683 posts

I flashed the latest cm7 just to check it again.
For example, in Opera browser & in EA Worms there ARE "+" & "-" on the screen.
In this cm6 there are no. The rom rules really but for this small issue :)

I have +/- buttons with this rom in the built-in browser and Opera Mini. (I don't plan on purchasing Worms to test it there.)

twrock

twrock

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,683 posts

Hi

Is there so much differences from kernel .29 to .32?

I recently installed the TXG, and i'm at least curious about this rom.
1 questions: it's good enough for every day use ?

Thanks
Moskito204

I used the .29 version as my daily rom for about 10 days before starting to test the .32 kernel version. I had only one "real" problem when using the .29 version when I lost the phone call speaker (the other party could hear me, but I couldn't hear them).

I have not used the .32 version for as long a time, and I have continued to test it and modify it during that time. So I am not so sure about that version yet.

I also have a version of the CM6.2.0-RC0 with .32 kernel that I am currently testing. But since I continue to make modifications, I'm not sure at all about that one.

ChinaT

ChinaT

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • Devices:CHT8000+

I tried using Google Translate to help me understand what you wrote. I'm sorry, but I do not read Chinese well. So I might not really understand what trouble you are having.

First, please note my reply to andylau1988. I first used English to set up my phone. After that, I seem to have no problem switching the language to Chinese.

It looks like this rom went a bit "viral" overnight. What I mean is that yesterday it had only 20+ downloads. Today the 2012/03/07 version has more than 450! (In case there is some other place with a direct link to the file, I have locked down the 2012/03/07 version so that people will hopefully start downloading the 2012/03/08 version with the MAC address fix.) So there must be quite a number of Chinese speakers who are using this rom. Maybe others will help find the solution.

I hope everyone is remembering that this really is beta software. Please make a backup before installing this, and keep it safe for a long time. I personally have only run the .32 kernel version for three days. I don't know what problems it might end up having.

Thank you for your enthusiastic!I try to express my meaning in English。I brush the latest 32kernel rom,problem is still there.When I brush machine and then reboot the system,I select the English language, I can enter the system。However, as long as I select the Simplified Chinese language, after reboot stop in "Android" interface.

Edited by ChinaT, 11 March 2012 - 12:17 PM.

twrock

twrock

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,683 posts

Thank you for your enthusiastic!I try to express my meaning in English。I brush the latest 32kernel rom,problem is still there.When I brush machine and then reboot the system,I select the English language, I can enter the system。However, as long as I select the Simplified Chinese language, after reboot stop in "Android" interface.

Yes, there is a bug with Simplified Chinese. I have added that bug to the list in the first post.

Unfortunately I don't even know where to start to try to find a fix. I am not a programmer. I doubt I can do anything to help. Hopefully someone else can. Sorry.

sun lbx

sun lbx

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 146 posts
  • Devices:u8230

I have +/- buttons with this rom in...Opera Mini.

The guy Twrock does rock again, people :)
+/- in Opera means that changes did what they were to do :)

smhui

smhui

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Devices:U8220+

Yes, there is a bug with Simplified Chinese. I have added that bug to the list in the first post.

Unfortunately I don't even know where to start to try to find a fix. I am not a programmer. I doubt I can do anything to help. Hopefully someone else can. Sorry.

twrock,

I use traditional Chinese that there is no issue as ChinaT. Even it is a bug, I suspected it is caused when there is something related to the fonts used, or, to define a suitable font (file) for simplified Chinese (UTF-8, or GB2313?). I don't know how to cook the rom yet but it might worth to try to use a suitable font and/or font definition.

Just my two cents.

twrock

twrock

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,683 posts

twrock,

I use traditional Chinese that there is no issue as ChinaT. Even it is a bug, I suspected it is caused when there is something related to the fonts used, or, to define a suitable font (file) for simplified Chinese (UTF-8, or GB2313?). I don't know how to cook the rom yet but it might worth to try to use a suitable font and/or font definition.

Just my two cents.

Ok, that at least gives me a place to start to look. The font files are easy to replace. I can just copy them out of the TXG rom. (Did Simplified Chinese work there?)
Where are the fonts "defined" in the rom? That might be very easy for me to correct at well. If I know where to look, I can compare TXG and Styx.

smhui

smhui

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Devices:U8220+

Ok, that at least gives me a place to start to look. The font files are easy to replace. I can just copy them out of the TXG rom. (Did Simplified Chinese work there?)
Where are the fonts "defined" in the rom? That might be very easy for me to correct at well. If I know where to look, I can compare TXG and Styx.

I just tried TXG-TW07 new flash and selected Simplified Chinese but looped in login of google but after I rebooted it became OK.

I have this idea because I have tried CM7.2 http://android.modac...ost__p__1911585, which I can't get complete display of even Traditional Chinese.

Hope this can help.

I'll fall back to my current TXG-TW07 after the test, so would ChinaT try more when needed.

twrock

twrock

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,683 posts

.... Only problem I have experienced is the no volume on a call and had to reboot , but that has only happened once . Dunno if this only occurs when you swipe the screen to answer the call , so have been alternating between that and pressing the green button to answer , but as yet the problem has not re-occured .

First, as I mentioned elsewhere, I have not had the problem recur since moving to the .32 kernel and setting my phone on GSM only. But I have no idea if either of those has solved anything.

This issue has been discussed over in the Stock Froyo thread as well. Pier is suggesting a fix by replacing libaudiopolicy.so: http://android.modac...ost__p__1915396
Pier's file is from the official HTC Magic rom.

I have also seen that the same file from the CM6.1.0 rom for the HTC Hero is different than both the original one in this rom (Styx) and the official Magic one that Pier uploaded, but it also can be installed if you want to give it a try. I have no idea if this helps or not with the loss of phone call speaker problem. Any of these three solves the volume problem in Pier's Stock Froyo rom (UM840).

Here are links to three options, all installable zips. I'd suggest that you start with the one from the Magic rom; that way everyone is testing the same thing, and if the bug is still there, it will be found more quickly.
Attached File  libaudiopolicy.so-magic-install.zip   17.04KB   8 downloads (official Magic rom)
Attached File  libaudiopolicy.so-heroCM61-install.zip   17.43KB   4 downloads (CM6.1.0 for Hero)
Attached File  libaudiopolicy.so-CM611-install.zip   17.28KB   3 downloads (to return to the original one from this rom)

Edited by twrock, 12 March 2012 - 05:27 AM.

twrock

twrock

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,683 posts

I just tried TXG-TW07 new flash and selected Simplified Chinese but looped in login of google but after I rebooted it became OK.

I have this idea because I have tried CM7.2 http://android.modac...ost__p__1911585, which I can't get complete display of even Traditional Chinese.

Hope this can help.

I'll fall back to my current TXG-TW07 after the test, so would ChinaT try more when needed.

Some times if I try to do the first setup too quickly after the first boot, there is problem in any rom. So I really take some time to let the phone settle down before doing the setup.

Thanks for testing and giving suggestions.

pier11

pier11

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts
  • Devices:T-Mobile Pulse U8220

This issue has been discussed over in the Stock Froyo thread as well. Pier is suggesting a fix by replacing libaudiopolicy.so: http://android.modac...ost__p__1915396
That file is from a rom made for the HTC Magic

To clarify, the file for Magic is from it's *official* froyo rom, not CM...

twrock

twrock

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,683 posts

To clarify, the file for Magic is from it's *official* froyo rom, not CM...

Thanks for that clarification. I'll edit that above.

twrock

twrock

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,683 posts
More testing on the Simplified Chinese problem.
I can confirm that I did not introduce this bug. The bug existed in dr.flo's v3 of the CM6.1.1 Stable port. (I haven't gone back to the very first version, but I'm guessing it would be the same.)

By looking at a logcat, I also discovered that the system attempts to read from the missing keychars file surf_keypad.kcm.bin, and thought maybe that would help if I added the file to the rom. No help. :(

Attached are two logcat files that specifically show where I switched languages. The first log is where I switched to Simplified Chinese (loc=zh_CN) and then back to US English (loc=en_US). In between those two switches, I attempted to open the Date & time setting. The second one is a log of me successfully switching between Traditional Chinese (loc=zh_TW) and English, with the same opening of the Date & time setting. There is no problem with that switch.

Since I really have no idea what I am looking at, maybe someone else can make sense of it. The record seems to show a lot of errors, but I'd have no way of knowing if they are errors and if they are related to the problem at hand. Any help is appreciated.

Attached File  alogcat.2012-03-12-16-38-34+0800.txt   17.9KB   4 downloads (bug)

Attached File  alogcat.2012-03-12-19-37-03+0800.txt   7.3KB   0 downloads (no problem)

Edit: You just have to love some of these logcat lines:
"debuggerd committing suicide to free the zombie!" :lol:

Edited by twrock, 12 March 2012 - 12:44 PM.

D-D-

D-D-

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 414 posts
  • Devices:T-mobile Pulse
  • Twitter:@boriseto
For some reason some apps (like tweakdeck, tweetdeck, maps and others) that were available for me on other roms, aren't on this one. :/

twrock

twrock

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,683 posts

Edited by twrock, 13 March 2012 - 01:09 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users