243 replies to this topic

desalesouche

desalesouche

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 666 posts
  • Devices:u8230/u8860

for that, i wud have to install the rom again after changing it's value.. is there a way to do it from some settings or from terminal emulator, so that i wud not have to re-install the rom.. ?

you can do it with root explorer :)

moorkai

moorkai

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Galaxy S (GT-i9000)
  • Twitter:@moorkai
When flashing TRE 2.1 ROM it says Update Failed. Any ideas why?

Edited by zYn!x, 05 April 2012 - 11:36 PM.

Dante2070

Dante2070

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G6-L11
Just installed Google Goggles. When I try to use it I get the error "Unsupported system configuration - Goggles won't work in your non standard system configuration (kernel is missin ipv6 support)".
I don't think this is the case. Any ideas how to fix it?

twrock

twrock

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,683 posts
  • Devices:Jiayu G2S & Huawei G300

Just installed Google Goggles. When I try to use it I get the error "Unsupported system configuration - Goggles won't work in your non standard system configuration (kernel is missin ipv6 support)".
I don't think this is the case. Any ideas how to fix it?

Unfortunately, I think this is the case. "Someone" needs to replace the boot.img in this rom with the newest .32 kernel version Pier compile which has ipv6 support. I don't see why it wouldn't be possible. I will look into it and see if it is easy enough for me to do.
(Of course anyone is very welcome to do it before I have a chance to.) :rolleyes:

twrock

twrock

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,683 posts
I flashed Pier's latest boot.img from the um840 rom. Rebooted without any problem. I will add that to the next update, but for now, you can do what I did.

Dante2070

Dante2070

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G6-L11

I flashed Pier's latest boot.img from the um840 rom. Rebooted without any problem. I will add that to the next update, but for now, you can do what I did.

Thanks!

Edited by Dante2070, 07 April 2012 - 01:46 AM.

twrock

twrock

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,683 posts
2012 04 07 new version released. See first post for link and second post for full changelog.
Basically, this version adds a newer kernel/boot.img with support for ipv6 and ext3/4.

Hold on; something is wrong.

Edited by twrock, 07 April 2012 - 07:22 AM.

ricom2ger

ricom2ger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
With 2012 04 07a, the data access over mobile network does not work

twrock

twrock

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,683 posts
Ok, let's try again......:blush:

Sorry about that, but it was one of those times when adding to an already installed rom did not work the same as installing it fresh. I was overconfident and uploaded it too soon without thoroughly checking things out first. So I hope this one works, but I will wait this time for some verification before adding it to the first post.

Please let me know if ipv6 support is working with this latest build. If that is working, I believe this is a good build and is ready for general use.

Thanks.

Styx-620-20120407b.zip (full rom)

Also, if you prefer, you can try just flashing the boot.img over your previous version: Attached File  Styx.32bootimg20120407b.zip   2.24MB   30 downloads

Edited by twrock, 07 April 2012 - 09:08 AM.

skykilla

skykilla

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
on 2.1 on the way dev/graphics/fb0 hardware acceleration of graphics ,And in 2.2 and 2.3 isn't present Whether so it?
fb0 — a usual fraymbuffer without acceleration
fb1-?

http://www.pocketmagic.net/?p=1473

Edited by skykilla, 07 April 2012 - 09:05 PM.

twrock

twrock

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,683 posts
There might be hope for the missing sound when answering a call (aka the "Hello Hello bug"). Seems this is the bug in CM7 and is being worked on. Some people seem to have found solutions (see links below).

So why do we have this bug in CM6? Well, IIRC some of our audio files are being borrowed from CM7. If those were the cause of the bug, we would have it too. So I think we need to review which CM7 audio files are being used. Specifically, the attempted fixes so far are all for libaudio.so. Is anyone having this problem with Pier's CM7 port?

Maybe the solution will be as simple as reverting to slightly older CM7.0 files? (I'm just throwing out ideas.)

I attempted to install the three different libaudio.so files linked in the bug report below, but the phone would not boot.

Help anyone?

Links:
http://code.google.c...681#makechanges
https://github.com/C...c0d98e7e2ff9ef9
(maybe related?) http://code.google.c...tars%20Priority

Edited by twrock, 08 April 2012 - 01:28 AM.

ricom2ger

ricom2ger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
2012 04 07b works, but I see that the phone looses too often signal, 3-4 bars and suddenly it drops and the next second its back, with 2.1 I don't see this happening at same place

spikeh

spikeh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
The Simplified Chinese bug (and possibly Trad/Korean) in this ROM whereby certain characters aren't displayed is fixable. smhui correctly pointed out in the CM 7.2 thread that the DroidSansFallback.ttf font is missing in this ROM, which provides CJK support.

There is an easy fix. Download or rip DroidSansFallback.ttf from a different ROM. Go into terminal on the phone and switch to superuser. Type the following:

mount -o remount,rw /system
cp /path/to/DroidSansFallback.ttf /system/fonts/

Then reboot. Busybox is assumed for the cp command.

Please do a full Nandroid backup before you do this incase you mess up something or the phone gets stuck in a bootloop.

twrock, perhaps you can make include the DroidSansFallback.ttf font is in your install zip for the next update.

twrock

twrock

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,683 posts

The Simplified Chinese bug (and possibly Trad/Korean) in this ROM whereby certain characters aren't displayed is fixable. smhui correctly pointed out in the CM 7.2 thread that the DroidSansFallback.ttf font is missing in this ROM, which provides CJK support.

There is an easy fix. Download or rip DroidSansFallback.ttf from a different ROM. Go into terminal on the phone and switch to superuser. Type the following:

mount -o remount,rw /system
cp /path/to/DroidSansFallback.ttf /system/fonts/

Then reboot. Busybox is assumed for the cp command.

Please do a full Nandroid backup before you do this incase you mess up something or the phone gets stuck in a bootloop.

twrock, perhaps you can make include the DroidSansFallback.ttf font is in your install zip for the next update.

Good thought, but DroidSansFallback.ttf is already present in this rom. Have a look and you will see it is there with all the other font files. If it were not, then Traditional Chinese would not display correctly. But Traditional Chinese has no problem.

Yes, it was missing from the CM7 build that Pier made, and that rom was easily fixed by adding it. The problem in this rom is not an issue of improper display when selecting Simplified Chinese, it is a more complicated issue than that.

Other ideas?

spikeh

spikeh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
Sorry, I incorrectly assumed that the cause of the problem is the same in both this ROM and the CM 7.2 ROM.

I just upgraded from an ancient version of your CM 6.1 mod to 7.2 now that the WiFi bug has been resolved. I will look into this problem.

twrock

twrock

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,683 posts

Sorry, I incorrectly assumed that the cause of the problem is the same in both this ROM and the CM 7.2 ROM.

I just upgraded from an ancient version of your CM 6.1 mod to 7.2 now that the WiFi bug has been resolved. I will look into this problem.

That would be great. I can't think of anything to do to resolve this problem.
The problem was first reported here: http://android.modac...ost__p__1913902
The second page has a few more posts about it, but basically you can duplicate the problem by following the steps andylau1988 suggests. You will see the problem.

Does the camera/videorecorder work fine in your install of CM7.2? I'd like the option of installing that rom, but the camera is very unstable for me. More often it crashes/hangs than works correctly.

Edited by twrock, 10 April 2012 - 07:48 AM.

D-D-

D-D-

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 414 posts
  • Devices:T-mobile Pulse
  • Twitter:@boriseto
So you won't update the .29 kernel anymore (just wondering)?

twrock

twrock

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,683 posts

So you won't update the .29 kernel anymore (just wondering)?

I suppose if there was serious interest, I would. Otherwise I don't want to waste my time.
But since I'm not using it myself, it becomes more difficult to support.
That rom is still available for download in the list of previous versions in the second post. Maybe I should mention that in the first post.

D-D-

D-D-

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 414 posts
  • Devices:T-mobile Pulse
  • Twitter:@boriseto

I suppose if there was serious interest, I would. Otherwise I don't want to waste my time.
But since I'm not using it myself, it becomes more difficult to support.
That rom is still available for download in the list of previous versions in the second post. Maybe I should mention that in the first post.

How can I be so unfortunate. I started using this rom since the wifi is stable, the battery life (with wifi always on and mobile data always on + sync) lasting 2 days and now you tell me if there was interest. Oh well, I guess I'll just use ur rom as a base and upgrate it from time to time.
It was choosing between this one and my old cm6 I was using (but didn't want it because of camera drivers and rotation).

Tnx for initial settings anyway. :)
Just wondering what is the clockspeed on installed kernel? Is it the "fixed txg kernel with 614MHz" or the original one with 528MHz?

edit: another question, does the last version suffer from the market issue as well?

Edited by D-D-, 11 April 2012 - 02:33 AM.

twrock

twrock

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,683 posts

How can I be so unfortunate. I started using this rom since the wifi is stable, the battery life (with wifi always on and mobile data always on + sync) lasting 2 days and now you tell me if there was interest. Oh well, I guess I'll just use ur rom as a base and upgrate it from time to time.
It was choosing between this one and my old cm6 I was using (but didn't want it because of camera drivers and rotation).

Tnx for initial settings anyway. :)
Just wondering what is the clockspeed on installed kernel? Is it the "fixed txg kernel with 614MHz" or the original one with 528MHz?

edit: another question, does the last version suffer from the market issue as well?

For me with the latest version of Styx-620, the wifi is stable, the battery life is really good, and there is no problem with the Market. It seems it would satisfy all your requirements. I'm curious why you prefer the .29 kernel version.

If you look through the changelog in the second post, you will see the changes since the .29 kernel version up to now. There really is not much to update to bring it up to the current .32 kernel version. Other than updating apps each time I put out a new release, the major fixes are the inclusion of the MAC address bug fix and the single touch screen change. Both are documented in the thread and are not difficult to modify (add one file, overwrite on file, delete one file; three changes only).

After considering the latest .32 kernel version, if you are certain you still want to continue using the .29 kernel version, let me know if you need me to make those changes for you and post the update.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users