Scroll Extreme - 'the worlds most powerful sub £200 ICS tablet'

Guest Mark Dearlove

Guest Mark Dearlove

Storage Options have announced their latest tablet, the Scroll Extreme, which they are touting as 'the world's most powerful tablet under £200 to use the Android 4.0 operating system'. Not the greatest marketing slogan in the world but if it is accurate then the tablet could certainly sell very well.

With a 1.2 Ghz Cortex A8 processor, dual core Mali-400 GPU, 1GB RAM, and a 9.7" 1024x768 screen, the specs are decent, particularly for the price, if not ground breaking. The Extreme is capable of outputting full 1080p via its mini-HDMI port plus it can also spit out 3D video to your 3D capable TV.

The only downside I can see for the Scroll Extreme is that it cannot be used to access the Android Market so it comes with the SlideMe Marketplace installed instead. This may put a few people off (or encourage the hackers, depending on how you look at it!)

There is no word on battery life but it houses a 7800mAh battery so it should be respectable.

If you have £189.99 spare and you are in the market for a tablet, the Scroll Extreme looks like a good choice. Hopefully we can get a review unit once shipments arrive from China.

Pre-orders are being taken by ebuyer.com who initially have exclusive rights to sell the Extreme.

38f648eef6eacf96468f02e9f3a552ac.jpg

This item was promoted to the News page - click here to view.

here is no problem installing Market on it.

I prefer 7 inch tablets and there is one with the same specs and an IPS screen (same quality as IPDA 1st gen)

Novo7 Aurora is better in my opinion and with the latest firmware update from today ics 4.0.3 v er 3070 it has all the latest ICS and market is pre installed!

get it here : http://gadgetfreakz.co.uk/ainol-novo-7-aurora-android-4-0-7-ips-tablet.html

or here :

http://www.ownta.com/ainol-novo7-aurora-2160p-tablet-pc-with-android-4.0-os-and-wifi-otg-8gb-aurora-edition.html

Guest rovex

Seems to run the Allwinner A10 CPU with a dual core Mali (isnt the SGS2 Mali a quad?). Hardly super computer powerful, but pretty decent. The 9.7 inch screen is IPS and said to be almost the same as the iPads.

I will wait for proper reviews, but it sounds pretty decent for casual use. Most of the issues i have with cheap tabs is the dark washed out screens. This has stopped me getting one in the past. Things like the Advent Vega just looked so terrible in the stops compared to the higher priced devices.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.