[PATCH] Adreno 200 GLES libraries for Ginberbread ROMs

Guest C3C0

Adreno EGL Graphics Libraries Patch for Gingerbread ROMs

This is my patch that replaces your current Adreno EGL Graphics libraries with the new ones.

It will boost your 3D performance remarkably.

It is based on original update that appeared on several sites dealing with android tuning but

the exact original source is still unknown to me. Anyway, libraries seem to work properly.

This patch will automatically append all the necessary settings into your existing /system/build.prop file

even if they are probably not necessary for libraries to work. But anyway, just to be sure.

It will not modify your existing settings in your build.prop in any way. It will just add a new section that can be easily

removed if desired.

THIS PATCH IS FOR GINGERBREAD ROMS ONLY THAT DON'T HAVE IT APPLIED YET (ASK YOUR ROM MAINTAINER TO FIND OUT). APPLYING THIS PATCH ON ANY OTHER ANDROID VERSION (ICS, JELLYBEAN) WILL PUT YOUR DEVICE IN A BOOTLOOP

I strongly encourage you to make a backup of your current ROM in recovery before aplying this patch!!!

It may happen that new libs will not work with your ROM at all (CM7 and CM9 are questionable) and you may

easily end up with your phone not booting after aplying this patch!!! I will not provide support to anyone ignoring the step

of making the backup! Backup is essential because in case of any problems you can easily revert back to your previous state.

Download: http://tinyw.in/IB0D ( MIRROR )

MD5 Checksum: 509402fb4bbbe0c2292abdca02f3846a

Screenshots: http://ceco.sk.eu.or...creenshots/gpu/

Installation instructions:

1) Download the ZIP file to your SD card

2) Reboot to recovery

3) Make a backup of your current ROM using menu Backup and Restore / Backup

4) Choose from menu: install zip from sd card / choose zip from sd card Find ZIP in filesystem structure

5) Confirm to flash

6) Reboot

Edited by C3C0

Well, I am not sure about CM7 and CM9 (ICS). Users will have to try themseves.

No problem as soon as they make a backup of current rom to be able to revert back if patch doesn't work.

Will add instructions when patch is ready.

This is it. I was doing some research on how to do buildprop settings incorporated ino update zip but unfortunatelly this will be not possible... everybody will have to deal with buildprop themselves...

EDIT: Well I have one solution I don't like too much - and that is that update zip would append properties to build.prop without caring what props are already there.

I was thinking about something advanced to analyze build.prop and add/change what's necessary but it requires too much effort to do.

The question is what people prefer:

1) edit the build.prop themselves

2) have dumb script that appends the props at the end of build.prop (sourrounded with comment to make clear where it came from).

Edited by C3C0

Guest KonstaT

This is it. I was doing some research on how to do buildprop settings incorporated ino update zip but unfortunatelly this will be not possible... everybody will have to deal with buildprop themselves...

EDIT: Well I have one solution I don't like too much - and that is that update zip would append properties to build.prop without caring what props are already there.

I was thinking about something advanced to analyze build.prop and add/change what's necessary but it requires too much effort to do.

The question is what people prefer:

1) edit the build.prop themselves

2) have dumb script that appends the props at the end of build.prop (sourrounded with comment to make clear where it came from).

You can just ignore the build.prop tweaks. They don't make any difference.

You could do a dumb script that echos lines into end of build.prop and execute that from updater-script. It shouldn't matter what's already in the build.prop. The later values are the ones that remain used anyway.

Edited by KonstaT

Yes, this is exactly what I was thinking of. You know I wanted to make the original update more advanced so it is suitable for normal users that don't have a clue how to mess with the build.prop file. Anyway, most of custom roms already have all the necessary tweaks intact so the question is if it makes sense at all. Maybe only jut to be 100% sure that they are OK in case users start complaining why it's not working on their phone. This would eliminate a lot of posts dealing with build.prop settings...