tillaz

tillaz

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,853 posts
  • Interests:Alien Life
  • Devices:Nexus 4

I've just run this benchmark using LogicMod overclocked to 979 MHz (just for testing purposes, I don't usually run it this high) and comparing it to razzmataz's results, mine scored about the same or higher in all categories expect for CPU float-point, where it was a significantly lower 29. Does anybody know what CPU float-point is and why there would be such a difference between the two phones/roms? I'm asking purely out of curiosity. Thanks.

its just because of a lib i never included in logic, atomic has high float point

razzmataz1478

razzmataz1478

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,215 posts
  • Interests:Flashing ROMs, Being distracted by my skate
  • Devices:ZTE Skate

I've just run this benchmark using LogicMod overclocked to 979 MHz (just for testing purposes, I don't usually run it this high) and comparing it to razzmataz's results, mine scored about the same or higher in all categories expect for CPU float-point, where it was a significantly lower 29. Does anybody know what CPU float-point is and why there would be such a difference between the two phones/roms? I'm asking purely out of curiosity. Thanks.

A search on Google shows that it is measured in FLOPS (floating point operations per second) which basically means how many instructions per second the CPU can handle. For example, a computer running x86 would have significantly less FLOPS than a computer running on x64. Yet this still doesn't explain why ours are different much..

Posted Image

Current Phone:

Xperia T

Previous Phones:

Orange Monte Carlo

Nokia 5530 XpressMusic (Nokia C6-00 CFW)

Sony Ericsson v640i

Nokia 3120

Various other Nokia phones.

Not the best history of phones Posted Image

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 5
The trick is to replace /system/lib/libm.so with another one e.g. from rom that has high score. This will fix float-point score

Links to my stuff: SlimBean (Android 4.2.2), RootBox (CM/AOKP/PA mix 4.2.2), ParanoidJelly2 (AOSPA 4.2.2), ParanoidJelly (JB), ParanoidAndroid (ICS), MokeeOS (GB), CM7.2 (GB), SKatie (GB), SwedishSnow (GB), Kernels
If you like my contribution to Android community, click donate button on my page at: http://ceco.sk.eu.org
Please, do not use personal conversation to solve your problems. Use forum - its power is often underestimated. If I can't help somebody else will certainly try to. Thanks.

felystar

felystar

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • Devices:Orange Monte Carlo
has anybody tried this in CM9 ColdFusionX?

Just loving my Monte Carlo ^_^

razzmataz1478

razzmataz1478

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,215 posts

has anybody tried this in CM9 ColdFusionX?

I wouldn't try, these are for gingerbread....ics libraries for ics on armv6 haven't been released yet..

Posted Image

Current Phone:

Xperia T

Previous Phones:

Orange Monte Carlo

Sony Ericsson v640i

Nokia 3120

felystar

felystar

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • Devices:Orange Monte Carlo
ok thanks

Just loving my Monte Carlo ^_^

skywave

skywave

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 139 posts

I wouldn't try, these are for gingerbread....ics libraries for ics on armv6 haven't been released yet..

yeah and what do you think is already in there? Gingerbread libraries, but these libs are in there already.

razzmataz1478

razzmataz1478

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,215 posts

yeah and what do you think is already in there? Gingerbread libraries, but these libs are in there already.

Modified gingerbread libs though...

Posted Image

Current Phone:

Xperia T

Previous Phones:

Orange Monte Carlo

Sony Ericsson v640i

Nokia 3120

uzb777

uzb777

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
  • Devices:LG G2 (D802)
CM7 IceArmor II
Before: Attached File  screenshot-1332700921274.png   88.14KB   42 downloads
After: Attached File  screenshot-1332701583636.png   89.23KB   41 downloads

Posted Image

ajpb luso

ajpb luso

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Monte Carlo
CyanogenMod 7 for ZTE Skate (Updated 06/01!!) + Adreno 200 GLES Linraries =

Attached File  antutu.png   79.05KB   53 downloads Attached File  ben.png   36.94KB   70 downloads

I changed the CyanogenMod 7 and greatly improved with only 902Mhz!

utternoob

utternoob

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Laughing at chavs, Formula 1, Football and general technology
  • Devices:Skate, OSD, GT-P1010
  • Twitter:@terrymalyon2
To answer an earlier question, these do not work on ics. The phone refuses to boot past the android logo. Luckily I made a backup and managed to restore my skate back to the way it was

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD

I may not know a lot, but there are others that do. If you have a problem, just ask

Sent with magic :)

nimic

nimic

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • Devices:Skate , Szenio Syreni 50QHD
Thank you. Hope Zombie highway will not lag so much in snow levels.

bloquer10

bloquer10

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:Motorola XT615
Hi, CECO, i got a problem when installing the patch, i own a Motorola XT615 and i saw on lots of places that it uses a Adreno 200 GPU, so when i saw this, i started installing instantly, i have the normal recovery and i choosed the zip file that i downloaded and it started installing, then a error appears and it says "E:signature verification failed. The update package may be not correct or corrupted!", and that is it, so, my questions are: Do i have to use a certain recovery? Do i have to use bootloader or something? Does my phone actually uses an Adreno 200?.

And that is it, if the install works im going to post the results in two antutus.
Please respond.

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts
Use clockworkmod recovery. It has option to disable signature verification.
Can't say if it will actually work on your device. Use at your own risk and make a backup first.
This patch is intended for gingerbread only.

Links to my stuff: SlimBean (Android 4.2.2), RootBox (CM/AOKP/PA mix 4.2.2), ParanoidJelly2 (AOSPA 4.2.2), ParanoidJelly (JB), ParanoidAndroid (ICS), MokeeOS (GB), CM7.2 (GB), SKatie (GB), SwedishSnow (GB), Kernels
If you like my contribution to Android community, click donate button on my page at: http://ceco.sk.eu.org
Please, do not use personal conversation to solve your problems. Use forum - its power is often underestimated. If I can't help somebody else will certainly try to. Thanks.

bloquer10

bloquer10

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:Motorola XT615

Use clockworkmod recovery. It has option to disable signature verification.
Can't say if it will actually work on your device. Use at your own risk and make a backup first.
This patch is intended for gingerbread only.

I did a backup, i disabled signature verification and it showed another error, i think i will just give up with this.
Good work anyways :)

Edited by bloquer10, 09 February 2013 - 09:43 PM.

mamen2022

mamen2022

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
I am using on my Skate, Paranoidjelly Cm10 And it doesn't work. When I start the phone, the android logo appears, then the screen goes black and stays black. I had to restore to the last backup :(

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts
OMG :)
This patch is almost a year old from times we had only gingerbread roms. You can't apply it on any higher Android version.
And all of the mostly used gingerbread custom roms already have this patch in place, so no need to flash separately.

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts

How do i do the backup? The only version of clockworkmod recovery i find doesnt have the restore option working, so i cant do a nandroid and as far as i know the android 2.3.7 version is very gingerbread like.

Your best bet is to search for a forum dedicated to your device. We simply can't help with devices that we don't own. Don't expect us to search relevant info for you.

mamen2022

mamen2022

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

OMG :)
This patch is almost a year old from times we had only gingerbread roms. You can't apply it on any higher Android version.
And all of the mostly used gingerbread custom roms already have this patch in place, so no need to flash separately.

I didnt understand that has only for gingerbread, I am an idiot x)

poludeli_kaktus

poludeli_kaktus

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts
  • Devices:Medion Life P4310, LG L9
  • Twitter:@poludeli_kaktus
Stock 2.3.5 with S2 kernel
Performance @960MHz

Attached Files

1 user(s) are reading this topic