Hands on with Producteev - free cross platform task management

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest PaulOBrien

I'm notoriously disorganised. No, scratch that, just busy. ;)

For a long time I have struggled with finding a product that really lets me manage my tasks in a way I feel works for me. For a while I used Springpad, but as a jack of all trades I found it wasn't the master of task management. I also used RememberTheMilk but it I preferred the idea of a proper task app on my Mac and the options I tried didn't work well for me (also, it's not free!). I used Things on my Mac which was great, but the 'sync story' is only good if you are using an iPhone rather than Android. For a while I used Astrid, but it was ugly and unwieldy when it came to sync (as well as being limited to my device). Just recently Astrid got a huge update for Android (it's now excellent in it's own right) and while exploring the sync options I came across Producteev.

Producteev is a cross platform task management tool for individuals and organisations with both free and paid options. As well as the option to sync via Astrid (and no doubt other clients to follow as an API is offered), Producteev offers it's own Android client. an iPhone client together with Mac OS and Windows options. Oh, and there's a web interface of course. ;) A wide breadth of clients wouldn't be compelling if they weren't good and i'm pleased to report that they are! They Android app needs a small dash of tweaking for tablets, but on the whole the clients are very good, maintain a common look and feel and lend themselves to 'getting stuff done' rather than struggling with the tools!

Producteev's pricing model is very clear and for most people means that the free version is sufficient. Producteev has the concept of 'workspaces' for your tasks and as long as you don't want more than 2 people sharing a workspace, the product is free. Should you wish to utilise workspaces with larger groups personally or within your organisation, then you'll need to pay $20 per workspace per month for unlimited sharing. Simple. The only other differences between free and paid are that the free version offers file storage of 500MB vs unlimited space and forum support vs priority e-mail support. Not show stoppers i'm sure you'll agree!

Additional features include the ability to send in tasks via e-mail, task sync to Google Calendar, activity reports and e-mail / IM alerts.

Want to know more? Check out the product video below (it's kinda funny!) or head on over to the Producteev website to get started.

">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355">

This item was promoted to the News page - click here to view.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.