Vodafone firmware update failed

Guest sadnessjr

Guest sadnessjr

I wanted to change my Vodafone 858 ROM to Lucky. For that, I rooted it, I installed CWM, and just as I was going to do a backup of my current ROM, I remembered I saw a firmware update available, if I'm not mistakein' from version U8160V100R001C02B617SP01 to version U8160V100R001C02B625SP01. Well, I did the update, it downloaded it and restart my phone; after restart got hung at hourglass and after like 10-15 min. I removed the battery and tried to get into recovery mode, but it appeared a screen saying "Firmware update1/2, unpacking, update failed". Now I can't even get into that screen. Maybe was because when I did the firmware update the phone was connected via USB to my laptop. Anyway, I don't know what to do to boot, I just can't pass the hourglass...

Guest sadnessjr

I wanted to change my Vodafone 858 ROM to Lucky. For that, I rooted it, I installed CWM, and just as I was going to do a backup of my current ROM, I remembered I saw a firmware update available, if I'm not mistakein' from version U8160V100R001C02B617SP01 to version U8160V100R001C02B625SP01. Well, I did the update, it downloaded it and restart my phone; after restart got hung at hourglass and after like 10-15 min. I removed the battery and tried to get into recovery mode, but it appeared a screen saying "Firmware update1/2, unpacking, update failed". Now I can't even get into that screen. Maybe was because when I did the firmware update the phone was connected via USB to my laptop. Anyway, I don't know what to do to boot, I just can't pass the hourglass...

I found the solution: I downloaded from somewhere on the net an official ROM that came with instructions from Huawei on how to update too: unzip the .zip file, resulting a folder named "dload", which contains the image for update; the folder must be put on the SD card directly on the root (the card containing only this folder), then insert the SD card into the phone (without inserting the battery) and press down volume-up volume-power (NO battery); it will star to update and install the official ROM...

• 2 months later...
Guest smethrony

There are some reason behind field firmware update. SD card is the ROM so just get SD card adapter or another phone plug in PC then use new flash and ROM and install it.