[ DEV ] HTC Sense

Guest weeo

DEV ONLY!

Hello

Before you reply saying its not possible, I want you to remember when MiUi wasnt possible. Thanks to Tilal, Andalululu and some other people, MiUi is here. Well 75% of it. Well now we can try getting HTC Sense for the Blade, even if it is 75% of it. REmember when ICS was a dream, well now look.

So let me tell you what ive got.

- A Bootable HTC Sense ROM, thanks The_Crevis

- Some help from Sulthekk

What we need doing:

- Resizing the system

- Kernel related issues *maybe?

- And mostly alot of other things

What you need to get it booted up:

- A GEN2 220MB Partitioned Blade

Why are we doing this?

- Because I love HTC sense, as do many others

- Sick of HTC sense like themes

What I need:

- A few devs

Links: http://www.mediafire...ty2zqbd4y3t3vtb - MediaFire Link for the ROM

http://db.tt/POqTq65T- DropBox

http://code.google.com/p/sense-for-blade/downloads/list - ALPHA2 The_Crevis

For any devs or any who can help, reply Aye! or if you are sensible, just say if you can help, and we can get this project underway :D

I will be porting the system app and resizes from this ROM as it is a DesireS version of this Blade port: http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1048203

Let me know if this would work

Thanks

Weeo

PROJECT HOMEPAGE: http://code.google.c...ense-for-blade/ - I WOULD REALLY LIKE TO ADD THE OTHER DEVS TO THE PAGE, AND FROM THERE WE CAN DEVELOP IT. IF YOU WANT TO BE APART OF THE PAGE, GIVE ME YOUR EMAILS ( BETTER IF GMAIL ) AND I WILL ADD YOU :D

Thanks to The_Crevis, Sulthekk, Tilal, FelixL, TheShak, equiliym and Me!

THIS WOULD BE AMAZING: post-796123-0-53239200-1331997436_thumb.

Edited by weeo

Guest tilal6991

Is the rom the right way up? If so then I also contributed (just saying).

Also I would be willing to help with any libs and getting features (eg. Ril and wifi) but I can't do resizing.

Guest sssingletrack

Sharing personal jokes does not inspire confidence in people. If anything it puts people of.

If you have something to say about people in the community then be grown up and say it or don't say a thing about it.

Sharing personal jokes does not inspire confidence in people. If anything it puts people of.

If you have something to say about people in the community then be grown up and say it or don't say a thing about it.

Um okay :-)

Guest FelixL

I've tried some things to get this ROM the right way up, but it then refused to boot. Also a libsurfaceflinger that reached me through the_crevis and must have been sent by tilal. But maybe I did something else wrong when changing it.

I tried some sf.hardwarerotation-stuff in the build.prop (booted wrong way up), too and the surfaceflinger from CM7 (didn't boot then either).

I'd have tried more stuff but am low on time (end of studies and all).

Edited by FelixL

Is the rom the right way up? If so then I also contributed (just saying).

Also I would be willing to help with any libs and getting features (eg. Ril and wifi) but I can't do resizing.

I haven't even booted the rom up yet. Will do after I do the 200MB Partition. So I've got Libs and that covered. Resizing I got me and TheShak ( maybe ) Any others?

Guest FelixL

I think it was around 165 MB needed on /system, but don't quote me on that, some weeks have passed since I had the time to try my luck on this. It was surprisingly fluid, by the way.

Edited by FelixL

I think it was around 165 MB needed on /system, but don't quote me on that, some weeks have passed since I had the time to try my luck on this. It was surprisingly fluid, by the way.

So what were wrong with this rom? And what needed work? Good luck luck with studies btw, I'm in the same boat lol. So what needed work, what worked. E.g. like Wifi, Bluetooth, camera or mobile net etc etc

Edited by weeo

Guest the_crevis

So what were wrong with this rom? And what needed work? Good luck luck with studies btw, I'm in the same boat lol. So what needed work, what worked. E.g. like Wifi, Bluetooth, camera or mobile net etc etc

The main thing you need to sort out first is resizing everything and good luck with that, I tried for quite a while to resize and then it wouldn't even boot... so I couldn't tell what was wrong as I had no logcat :/

Guest Sulthekk

Did you resign the framework after resizing?

I remember there were some tricks for replacing framework in froyo roms back in time... Maybe you had to flash the stock system, let it boot once completely, then install new framework-res without wipe?

Edited by Sulthekk

Did you resign the framework after resizing?

I remember there were some tricks for replacing framework in froyo roms back in time... Maybe you had to flash the stock system, let it boot once completely, then install new framework-res without wipe?

Ill try this and look into it:)

Guest Sulthekk

Not booting up with 200MB partition... maybe I will try a windows one, not via the app

Stock system is 220MBs, and posting once is enough... Opera Mini, eh?

Stock system is 220MBs, and posting once is enough... Opera Mini, eh?

No, rubbish school wifi... it messes up and flips out lol. sorry guys. Okay, ill try it with a 220MB partition

Guest FelixL

What worked for me:

Touchscreen (right way up)

Screen (wrong way up)

What did not work

You guessed it. Everything else.

Some things should be solvable by just swapping the libs I think.

Edit: And the version I used had no bootanimation and took some time to boot up.

Edited by FelixL

Guest equiliym

What worked for me:

Touchscreen (right way up)

Screen (wrong way up)

What did not work

You guessed it. Everything else.

Some things should be solvable by just swapping the libs I think.

Edit: And the version I used had no bootanimation and took some time to boot up.

have you tried editing ro.sf.hwrotation in build prop? that usually fix my 180 degrees rotated screen.. that is if i understood you right about wrong way up issue

So I got this booted up to see what it was about. So before everything else, lets resize the whole thing and flip it around. The we can develop for everything else? How does that sound?

have you tried editing ro.sf.hwrotation in build prop? that usually fix my 180 degrees rotated screen.. that is if i understood you right about wrong way up issue

Yes it is wrong way round, buttons and keys are inverted/flipped. So you reckon that'll fix it?

Guest FelixL

If it works it will fix that, yes. But like I said I'd already tried it. Could be that I did something wrong, so worth a second try and not much work.

If it works it will fix that, yes. But like I said I'd already tried it. Could be that I did something wrong, so worth a second try and not much work.

Ill try it

Guest John Enter

If I can be of any help just say so. I'm not particularly skilled at anything(can't program, but understand it) but I have 3-4 hours of time a day free, I'm willing to put some effort into this, as I'm a fan of sense, but as I said, I probably won't be able to do anything you guys aren't able to.

If I can be of any help just say so. I'm not particularly skilled at anything(can't program, but understand it) but I have 3-4 hours of time a day free, I'm willing to put some effort into this, as I'm a fan of sense, but as I said, I probably won't be able to do anything you guys aren't able to.

Cheers guys... ill get the editted build prop to get the rom correct way