[ DEV ] HTC Sense

Guest weeo

Guest DrPaua

I can imagine that it is a bit harder to create, but a friend of mine tried a ICS/Sense4-ROM on his Desire HD and it was the smoothest experience on his phone ever because of less 3D-Animations than on Sense3.x.

It could mean that it would be advantageous on our Blade, too.

Would that be possible to port?

Up to this thread I thought, Sense would be impossible for non-HTC-devices but since now... :rolleyes:

Guest brookergray

^ I wouldn't say no, but a highly unlikely. Sense 4 will be only available on phones with ARMv7 CPUs so as I said highly unlikely.

Edited by brookergray

Guest Sulthekk

^ I wouldn't say no, but a highly unlikely. Sense 4 will be only available on phones with ARMv6 CPUs so as I said highly unlikely.

Did you mean armv7?

Guest Sulthekk

Correct. Sense 4 will only work on powerful devices with ARM7 architecture. We can probably get Sense 3.0 from the WildfireS...

Hey, you are dreaming about the too far future. First get things right with 2.1, and then can think about new versions.

Hey, you are dreaming about the too far future. First get things right with 2.1, and then can think about new versions.

I was saying what Sense Versions we can get. Not saying let's do a WildfireS port

Frankly, I doubt it ever will sadly, what i've done so far is the easy bit.

Yea. wifi is a pain... getting help from the LG P500 sense porter for WiFi and GSM...

Guest XMasterNinni

Weeo:

Try copying the wifi folder in /system and replace the libhardware_legacy.so...

BTW: It is 2.3.5, isn't it? Because then CM7 libs won't work..

Weeo:

Try copying the wifi folder in /system and replace the libhardware_legacy.so...

BTW: It is 2.3.5, isn't it? Because then CM7 libs won't work..

I think its 2.1

Guest the_crevis

The android version is 2.3.3 so replace libs from an old cm7? :) The ROM has come a long way come to think about it, it was ported from a system.img of an xperia x8, which had been ported from the HTC salsa, and why did I choose it? Because tilal suggested it tongue.gif.

Edited by the_crevis

Guest Sulthekk

The android version is 2.3.3 so replace libs from an old cm7? :) The ROM has come a long way come to think about it, it was ported from a system.img of an xperia x8, which had been ported from the HTC salsa, and why did I choose it? Because tilal suggested it tongue.gif.

Uh... the 2.3.3 CM7s had serious stability issues... The libsurfaceflinger may work though

It won't. HTC have customised the libs too heavily. Ive tried.

Same, should we get a 2.1/2.2 port? Then get libs from stock? Or still heavy customizatin?