30 replies to this topic

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 5
Or you could chmod a-w prox file to remove write permisson so no app can overwrite it.

Links to my stuff: SlimBean (Android 4.2.2), RootBox (CM/AOKP/PA mix 4.2.2), ParanoidJelly2 (AOSPA 4.2.2), ParanoidJelly (JB), ParanoidAndroid (ICS), MokeeOS (GB), CM7.2 (GB), SKatie (GB), SwedishSnow (GB), Kernels
If you like my contribution to Android community, click donate button on my page at: http://ceco.sk.eu.org
Please, do not use personal conversation to solve your problems. Use forum - its power is often underestimated. If I can't help somebody else will certainly try to. Thanks.

Wacky.ddw

Wacky.ddw

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 866 posts
  • Devices:None :(

Or you could chmod a-w prox file to remove write permisson so no app can overwrite it.

Wow you lost me there :P

I wouldnt know how to do that. But if the other people who are having the same problem as me can confirm this works, its would be really nice if someone could make a flashable ZIP that does this for them it should be really easy since its only flashing a .txt file to a directory. But i have 0 expirience with these things :)

Maybe make the file Read only so i cant be changed so the sensor keeps working. :)

I edited the first post so people can test if it works on there phones, ive test it over and over for a long while now. And how i explained it in the first post is the only solution that keeps working for me :)

>>>> [FAQ] Rooting for beginners <<<<

Tutorial on installing installing Superboot and Clockworkmod.

Changing bootscreen, how to unbrick and more.

[UPDATED 26-02-2012]

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts
OK. Here is the flashable zip which will:

1) install prox_threshold.txt with correct value

2) make the file read-only so it can't be overwritten by proxcal apps.

http://ceco.sk.eu.or...2771-update.zip

Links to my stuff: SlimBean (Android 4.2.2), RootBox (CM/AOKP/PA mix 4.2.2), ParanoidJelly2 (AOSPA 4.2.2), ParanoidJelly (JB), ParanoidAndroid (ICS), MokeeOS (GB), CM7.2 (GB), SKatie (GB), SwedishSnow (GB), Kernels
If you like my contribution to Android community, click donate button on my page at: http://ceco.sk.eu.org
Please, do not use personal conversation to solve your problems. Use forum - its power is often underestimated. If I can't help somebody else will certainly try to. Thanks.

Wacky.ddw

Wacky.ddw

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 866 posts

OK. Here is the flashable zip which will:

1) install prox_threshold.txt with correct value

2) make the file read-only so it can't be overwritten by proxcal apps.

http://ceco.sk.eu.or...2771-update.zip

Thanks for the help i really appreciate it!

Im making a backup now, i will try reflashing atomic and then your fix and tell if it works. Anyway im really happy i can finally call normally again :)

[UPDATED 26-02-2012]

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts
Ok. Good luck :-)

Wacky.ddw

Wacky.ddw

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 866 posts
Ok the value i posted in the fist post was wrong it seems only "H601L1G32" works. The value from your phone "H601L4G32" give's me a black screen instantly i had to remove my battery.

I opened your ZIP file and changed the 4 to a 1 flashed it again, and it works like a charm now :) When i try to calibrate the proximity sensor in atomic mod settings it says "callibration failed" wich is better then force closing :D.

Should i reupload the version with the number changed or do you want to do it?

[UPDATED 26-02-2012]

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts
Feel free to provide your owm link in the first post... anyway i suppose that while L1 will work on some phones L4 may work on others. I think this should also be mentioned in the guide providing guidance on how to change it in zip before flashing.

Edit: or simply give link to both versions + guidance on how to change if non of them work

Edited by C3C0, 14 March 2012 - 10:19 PM.

tilal6991

tilal6991

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,781 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Skate, Huawei U8150
Or another solution is just to use the cm sensors lib which works for everyone.

If you like my work or if I helped, click the Plus button.

Wacky.ddw

Wacky.ddw

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 866 posts

Feel free to provide your owm link in the first post... anyway i suppose that while L1 will work on some phones L4 may work on others. I think this should also be mentioned in the guide providing guidance on how to change it in zip before flashing.

Edit: or simply give link to both versions + guidance on how to change if non of them work

Ok i changed the first post, if you cant to see anything changed just ask :)

@tilal: What are you talking about, its something devs must add right? because i wouldnt know how to change add things like that in a ROM.

[UPDATED 26-02-2012]

mrmonster

mrmonster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Galaxy S
cant understand why people dont just use the 'keep screen' app if there having proximity issues.......works a treat.

just activate dialer and dialer storage in the applications settings of the app.

Wacky.ddw

Wacky.ddw

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 866 posts

cant understand why people dont just use the 'keep screen' app if there having proximity issues.......works a treat.

just activate dialer and dialer storage in the applications settings of the app.

Because it should work... it allways worked so why would i want to use a app to keep my screen on, it consumes mutch more battery then if the screen goes black. Anyway it works like it should now.

[UPDATED 26-02-2012]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users