[ROM] Performance Rom 4.3b *Play Store Fixed* Must Apply Patch After Setting Up Play

Guest Pinguy

Guest Pinguy

Pinguy I can continue the project performance rom?

There will be another one but only if I can get hold of a working ICS ROM. There really isn't much more I can do with the Performance Rom on GingerBread. If there is a pretty big bug then I will do another release but at the moment there isn't anything more that needs doing to it.

Guest Vazel360

I would like to make two versions of the Rom as the MIUI is a bit unstable and should not be the sim of 128 would include more features in a ROM (Performance ROM) if you give me permission if development does nothing

while the second I go a little editing it and putting allegenderola app that I think are more valid

Guest Pinguy

I would like to make two versions of the Rom as the MIUI is a bit unstable and should not be the sim of 128 would include more features in a ROM (Performance ROM) if you give me permission if development does nothing

while the second I go a little editing it and putting allegenderola app that I think are more valid

If you want to fork it feel free to do so. I don't mind if you use this as your base. Just give me a credit in the description and I will be happy :)

Edited by Pinguy

Guest Pinguy

Modded version of Ics style settings with white graphics.

originally version posted by Jiego.

Modded Ics Settings

post-791090-0-74855000-1334684410_thumb.

With this and aGPS Patch being released after this ROM I may have to do another version :)

I will hold off before I release it. I will look into adding more system languages (not sure how to do it yet) and release it as V5.

If anyone wants to add something to the ROM just post it. If its something I think the ROM needs I will include it in version 5. At the moment my biggest issue is adding more system language.

EDIT#

Redflake that file breaks the system :(

Edited by Pinguy

Guest VJftw

Just a suggestion,

I noticed that some of the System apps are ones that have market links like JuiceDefender etc. I'm not sure if this is true, but I think that when the android market updates these apps, it puts the new apk in data/app leaving the older one in system/app as that's where it was before. Maybe those apps should be moved to data/app so that as they're updated the old versions are replaced.

I'm not entirely sure if this happens anymore to be honest

Guest Pinguy

PerformanceRomV4.2b

Added To The AD2SDX Version

• Root Uninstall. So you can easily remove system apps.
  • App2SD. Program to do batch move of apps and tells you which apps are safe to move.
    Other Changes

• Adreno 205 drivers have been updated.
    • Beats Audio added (to get the most out of Beats Audio turn on Dolby Mobile in settings and choose Auto under Music EQ).
    • aGPS installed for improved GPS so you can lock onto more satellites.
    • improves video post-processing.

Known Bugs

[*]"Gmail keeps crashing". If this happens go to Manage apps then find Gmail, select it and click on Clear data. Once you have done that it won't happen again (you will need to set up gmail again). This method will also fix any other programs that are misbehaving.[*]"Using Speaktoit to set an alarm makes the Acer Clock widget crash." Its a bug with Speaktoit. Hopefully an update to the app will fix that.

New links up on main post. Enjoy! :)

Edited by Pinguy

Guest Pinguy

Performance Rom 4.2c

Removed Auto Memory Manager as its not needed as V6 SuperCharger now manages the memory.

This is the last update to the 4.2 series. The next release will be version 5 and hopefully will come with more languages.

If someone would like to give me a hand with added more languages to the ROM just send me a PM or just post here.

New links up on the main post.

Edited by Pinguy

Guest Samii_786

I'm trying to install this ROM, however when I try to apply it through CWM, I get this error message:

E: Can't open /sdcard/PerformanceRomV4.2c_signed-Blue_ICS_themed-Links2SD.zip

(bad)

Installation Aborted.

Help? And CWM is v4.0.0.8

Never mind, I've just realised that the ROM was corrupted aha, I'll wait till it's been uploaded again.

Edited by Samii_786

Guest Pinguy

I'm trying to install this ROM, however when I try to apply it through CWM, I get this error message:

E: Can't open /sdcard/PerformanceRomV4.2c_signed-Blue_ICS_themed-Links2SD.zip

(bad)

Installation Aborted.

Help? And CWM is v4.0.0.8

Never mind, I've just realised that the ROM was corrupted aha, I'll wait till it's been uploaded again.

Sorry my bad. Yeah the zips where corrupted. The new fixed links are up now.

Guest Pinguy

You can keep your data and install the new version of the ROM. What you need to do is first make a backup with CWM of your current install, then flash the new ROM without doing any wipes. After the new ROM has been flashed go to backup and restore while still in CWM and select advanced restore, then pick your backup that you just made and select Restore data.

This should restore you to how you was before installing the new ROM but now you are running the new version.

If you haven't done it already I would install this version of CWM as it works with SD-EXT so its easier to make full backups.

Please give feedback so I know how to improve the ROM.

Edited by Pinguy

Guest ther0x

You can keep your data and install the new version of the ROM. What you need to do is first make a backup with CWM of your current install, then flash the new ROM without doing any wipes. After the new ROM has been flashed go to backup and restore while still in CWM and select advanced restore, then pick your backup that you just made and select Restore data.

This should restore you to how you was before installing the new ROM but now you are running the new version.

If you haven't done it already I would install this version of CWM as it works with SD-EXT so its easier to make full backups.

Please give feedback so I know how to improve the ROM.

Ok Pinguy, it seems to work fine

I have upgraded CWM from 4 to 5 version and restored data only

I don't see APP2SD app...strange

There is a way to understand if there is the 4.2c version now?

Thankyou again

Guest Pinguy

Ok Pinguy, it seems to work fine

I have upgraded CWM from 4 to 5 version and restored data only

I don't see APP2SD app...strange

There is a way to understand if there is the 4.2c version now?

Thankyou again

The new version hasn't got Auto Memory Manager installed. So if you can't find it you are running 4.2c

Also open Google Talk and see if you see an image of a cam or check in options and see if you can see anything to do with Video Chat. If you do thats the new version.

APP2SD was stored as data so when you restored your data back it wipe out the apps I placed there.

Edited by Pinguy

Guest ther0x

The new version hasn't got Auto Memory Manager installed. So if you can't find it you are running 4.2c

Also open Google Talk and see if you see an image of a cam or check in options and see if you can see anything to do with Video Chat. If you do thats the new version.

APP2SD was stored as data so when you restored your data back it wipe out the apps I placed there.

Ok so it is 4.2c :)