Photo

[ROM] Performance Rom 4.3b *Play Store Fixed* Must Apply Patch After Setting Up Play

* * * * * 8 votes

• Please log in to reply
411 replies to this topic

Poll: [ROM] Performance Rom 4.3b *Play Store Fixed* Must Apply Patch After Setting Up Play (152 member(s) have cast votes)

What Version Do You Run?

1. Vanilla Version - Links2SD (21 votes [13.82%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 13.82%

2. Vanilla Version - AD2SDX (7 votes [4.61%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.61%

3. Blue ICS Themed Version - Links2SD (52 votes [34.21%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 34.21%

4. Blue ICS Themed Version - AD2SDX (43 votes [28.29%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 28.29%

5. I don't use the Performance Rom (29 votes [19.08%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 19.08%

Vote Guests cannot vote

since1019

since1019

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
after i flash the rom 4.2c, i found the home button is not working at all
i try to flash back t&l rom, the home button is working,
is it only i facing this problem?

Pinguy

Pinguy

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts

after i flash the rom 4.2c, i found the home button is not working at all
i try to flash back t&l rom, the home button is working,
is it only i facing this problem?

It sucks because I wised for you that you could keep your data but it seems like you may have to do a clean install. The home button isn't an issue with the ROM it does work so the only reason it wouldn't work is because of your saved data from the t&l rom.

scotth324

scotth324

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts
  • Devices:Acer Liquid MT
Keeping the data and ext worked for me when going from 4.2c to the newest version. Didn't try from t&l. Not sure if that will help.

spicysomtam

spicysomtam

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
  • Devices:G300, IMobile IQ 5.1
  • Twitter:@amunro
This is a fantastic rom. I am using the vanilla version.

However a slight issue for me is the sip dialing function has disappeared from the dialer. Should be in call settings advanced settings. Will try and dig out a fix from the various threads on this forum.

Herjo

Herjo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Devices:Acer Liquid MT
How did you change the docked applications in your screenshots?

spicysomtam

spicysomtam

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
  • Devices:G300, IMobile IQ 5.1
  • Twitter:@amunro
No sip dialing issue: I followed this guide: http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1354838

However it doesn't work. I think this turns the option on IF the code exists for it. I recon the code does not exit for sip dialing. That is, it needs more work than just turning the option on. I rebuilt the .apk with the setting set to false and dropped it back into PerformanceRomV4.2b_signed-Vanilla-Links2SD.zip. On reinstall, I checked /system/framework-res.apk and the tweaked file is there so its getting installed. Followed the clear cache/dalvik cache instructions.

Anyone with experience of getting sip/internet calling back on the stock Acer rom?

Pinguy

Pinguy

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts

No sip dialing issue: I followed this guide: http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1354838

However it doesn't work. I think this turns the option on IF the code exists for it. I recon the code does not exit for sip dialing. That is, it needs more work than just turning the option on. I rebuilt the .apk with the setting set to false and dropped it back into PerformanceRomV4.2b_signed-Vanilla-Links2SD.zip. On reinstall, I checked /system/framework-res.apk and the tweaked file is there so its getting installed. Followed the clear cache/dalvik cache instructions.

Anyone with experience of getting sip/internet calling back on the stock Acer rom?

https://play.google.....sipdroid.sipua
https://play.google....=com.csipsimple

This one works with 3G
https://play.google....id=org.linphone

Also I just put the phone in SD download mode and installed Acer_LiquidMT_4.000.13_EMEA_GEN1 to see if it had sip/internet calling and it hasn't. So the default dialer hasn't got this feature so I am unsure what you was using before.

Edited by Pinguy, 22 April 2012 - 09:23 PM.

Pinguy

Pinguy

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts

OK I have now built it into the ROM, new versions are being uploaded.

Edited by Pinguy, 23 April 2012 - 01:20 AM.

Pinguy

Pinguy

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts
PerformanceRomV4.3

• Sip/Internet Calling over WIFi or 3G.
  • Fully Multi-Lingual. Has the same amount of languages as Cyanogen.
  • Plus some other minor changes.

DOWNLOAD - Vanilla Version - Links2SD

DOWNLOAD - Vanilla Version - AD2SDX

DOWNLOAD - Blue ICS Themed Version - Links2SD

DOWNLOAD - Blue ICS Themed Version - AD2SDX

Edited by Pinguy, 23 April 2012 - 01:24 AM.

harylauw

harylauw

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts
  • Devices:Acer Liquid Metal S120
  • Twitter:@hary232
you said that your rom have updated version of adreno 205. Will it cause hot problem?

ther0x

ther0x

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
It seems the buttery life is more short now :/ (4.2c)

vikings123

vikings123

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 668 posts
  • Devices:Liquid, Liquid Metal

PerformanceRomV4.3

• Sip/Internet Calling over WIFi or 3G.
  • Fully Multi-Lingual. Has the same amount of languages as Cyanogen.
  • Plus some other minor changes.

DOWNLOAD - Vanilla Version - Links2SD

DOWNLOAD - Vanilla Version - AD2SDX

DOWNLOAD - Blue ICS Themed Version - Links2SD

DOWNLOAD - Blue ICS Themed Version - AD2SDX

Just upgraded to 4.2c and 4.3 is out!
You are amazing!
Do I need to WIPE before flash the new version?

Getting 50 is better than 60....

Pinguy

Pinguy

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts

It seems the buttery life is more short now :/ (4.2c)

Do this please: http://www.androidau...ery-life-43307/

You probably just need to re-calibrate the battery.

Just upgraded to 4.2c and 4.3 is out!
You are amazing!
Do I need to WIPE before flash the new version?

I would do a wipe. There are a few things in data that needs copying over.

I wouldn't worry about there being another update soon so its safe to start over :) I had some set goals I wanted for the ROM and I have achieved 95% of them now (I thought it would take me longer to add all the features I wanted, thats why there has been so many updates in the last week). The other changes I want to make are to do with the kernel and I have no clue how to tweak the kernel. Hopefully TechnoLover can add the features I am after in his next release.

Edited by Pinguy, 23 April 2012 - 12:27 PM.

diocagnara

diocagnara

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Devices:Acer liquid MT
Tnks a lot for your awesome work! But i have problems with 4.2b and 4.2c!

With 4.2 C (vanilla ad2sdX version) i see only half free ram. (around 60 mb or less).. O_o

With 4.2 B (Vanilla ad2sdX version) i see 200/230 mb free ram (very great) but if i install games or software big, i recive a low interal memory allert (but i see 2.1 Gb internal memory) (I followed the tutorial for the 16 gb micro sd class 10)... And the phone is slow with games and applications...
Have you ideas for my problem?

Pinguy

Pinguy

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Tnks a lot for your awesome work! But i have problems with 4.2b and 4.2c!

With 4.2 C (vanilla ad2sdX version) i see only half free ram. (around 60 mb or less).. O_o

With 4.2 B (Vanilla ad2sdX version) i see 200/230 mb free ram (very great) but if i install games or software big, i recive a low interal memory allert (but i see 2.1 Gb internal memory) (I followed the tutorial for the 16 gb micro sd class 10)... And the phone is slow with games and applications...
Have you ideas for my problem?

Read this from the main post.

I Would also install SD Maid if you decide to use the AD2SDX version as there is no way of telling how much internal memory is being used (but don't use it to clean the system as this can break apps). When the internal memory is full the phone will start having issues. So keep an eye on it. Remember using this you can still move apps to the SD as you would normally. App2SD is installed on the AD2SDX version and is a good way of doing batch moves, it also tells you which apps are safe to move and which ones aren't.

In 4.2c I changed the way memory worked so you could do multitasking. Having that much memory free in 4.2B makes the phone run fast but if you have to many programs open the phone will crash.

Sorry about this girls and boys but I found that the memory profile I was using was a bit to aggressive. I have now made it more balanced and should work much better. Its still version 4.2c but the new links are up now. Just waiting for the Mirrors to be done.

You don't have to re-download the ROM you can change the settings yourself.

Download and extract this zip.

Place the .sh file somewhere on your sd card.

Install Script Manager and run it. Find the script you just placed onto your SD-Card and run it as Root (the SU button). Then pick option 6 (options 5,6,7 will all be fine. Just use one that works well for you.)

Full Guide.
http://forum.xda-dev...ad.php?t=991276

If you would like to change the settings for the memory profile.

bripz

bripz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Devices:Acer Liquid Metal
This is a great ROM! Well done mate.

:)

Mobile Phones:
  • Samsung Galaxy SII i9100T - Vodafone Australia Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0 Official ROM <3
  • Acer Liquid Metal - Gingerbread 2.3.6 Performance v4.3 ROM by Pingu
  • Samsung HD Omnia i8910 - Faenil n2o5
  • Samsung Omnia i900 - Windows Mobile sucks so hard

Doser

Doser

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
  • Devices:Acer Liquid MT S120
Hello,

I like to instal "HC bat new statusba"
i am a newbe in this.
Can anyone tell me how to install this?

Regards,

Doser.

PS. i wont to install the Vanilla romV4.3, but i dont know how.
Do i have to put the file on the micro sd card and start in recoverymode, and then install it.

I now have the T&L rom on the phone, and i have also root the phone.
Do i have to re-install all the apps, and do i have to back-up the apps bevore i install the new rom?

Edited by Doser, 23 April 2012 - 08:02 PM.

Pinguy

Pinguy

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts
As this is called the "Performance Rom" I thought I better share some benchmarks. This is using fresh install of Vanilla Version - Links2SD V4.3 set to the highest settings (only drocap2 and Quadrant was added) . As you can see there is a fair bit of improvement from the first release of the ROM.

Attached File  CAP201204232213.png   39.58KB   9 downloads Attached File  CAP201204232215.png   40.48KB   8 downloads

Edited by Pinguy, 23 April 2012 - 08:32 PM.

Pinguy

Pinguy

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Hello,

I like to instal "HC bat new statusba"
i am a newbe in this.
Can anyone tell me how to install this?

Regards,

Doser.

PS. i wont to install the Vanilla romV4.3, but i dont know how.
Do i have to put the file on the micro sd card and start in recoverymode, and then install it.

I now have the T&L rom on the phone, and i have also root the phone.
Do i have to re-install all the apps, and do i have to back-up the apps bevore i install the new rom?

You will loose everything. You will be starting from scratch again.
To install you wipe the phone and flash the ROM by using CWM. Read this: http://android.modac...n-your-sd-root/

vikings123

vikings123

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 668 posts
  • Devices:Liquid, Liquid Metal

Do this please: http://www.androidau...ery-life-43307/

I would do a wipe. There are a few things in data that needs copying over.

I wouldn't worry about there being another update soon so its safe to start over :) I had some set goals I wanted for the ROM and I have achieved 95% of them now (I thought it would take me longer to add all the features I wanted, thats why there has been so many updates in the last week). The other changes I want to make are to do with the kernel and I have no clue how to tweak the kernel. Hopefully TechnoLover can add the features I am after in his next release.

Link2SD does not work. I got error message about ext. partition not available.

Getting 50 is better than 60....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users