Change your resolution :)

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

I read this in Android magazine, thought some folk might like to try it, so I extracted the pages. Obviously I wouldn't advise trying it if you're not confident even though they do give you step by step directions but I can't accept responsibility if you break your phone by using ridiculous values, although just do a clockwork backup and you should be able to restore your phone if you get into trouble.

Download the tutorial here.

I'm using Fuzzra's ICS tryout and my lcd density was set to 240, so I changed it to 200 and I have to admit it looks a lot sharper

As they say, decreasing the density will push the phone a little more and it's not recommended going less than 200 for older phones, so if you wanted to go the other way and increase the density and don't mind losing a bit of sharpness you might even get more battery life and a smoother experience, I would guess.

Edited by PsYcHoKiLLa

Guest JohnnyZTE

Attempting to do mine, as I want more on the screen.

But I cannot save the file, It comes up with error while trying to save. How did you guys save it?

Guest leemo92

Attempting to do mine, as I want more on the screen.

But I cannot save the file, It comes up with error while trying to save. How did you guys save it?

I just used an app from the play store LCD Resolution (allows set on boot).

Guest JohnnyZTE

I just used an app from the play store LCD Resolution (allows set on boot).

goodman cheers

I tried that resolution there but it doesn't allow more on the screen just reduces the size of Icons.

Edited by JohnnyZTE

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

goodman cheers

I tried that resolution there but it doesn't allow more on the screen just reduces the size of Icons.

It's more for text and webpages.

Guest raverrr

If you don't want to use the app. You can do it before flashing by dragging the build.prop out of the ROM zip. Then edit with NotePad ++ or similar, then drop back in.lots of other tweaks can be added to.