101 replies to this topic

N@chi

N@chi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:XCD 35 / ZTE Blade

This worked for me! Thanks!
S3E now sees my ext partition and after reboot everything was moved there Posted Image

EDIT:

For some reason, random apps won't install, saying "insufficient storage space"
for instance i can't install this:
https://play.google....sdroid.cerberus

Though it was an issue with the store so tried installing the apk manually, but still no.
Other bigger apps (Opera, etc) install ok.

Hi, were you able to get rid of the "insufficient storage space" error? even I am facing this problem whenever I try to update or d/l something from the market. But if you install .apk i am able to install strange ;(

staud

staud

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
Hey guys,

though I've been reading this thread and many many pages of the ColdfusionX thread over the past few weeks I'm quite unsure what's the easiest and method to move apps to SD and what method is compatible to my ROM. There seem to be so many s2e_v_somewhat-scripts and scraps of guides. It also seems to me that every version of the ROM needs a different method to get a2sd working. I would be pleased if someone could enlighten me.

ROM: coldfusion X 15/05
ext partition: yes, empty (but don't know if it's ext3 or ext4, how to check that?)

1) What's the easiest method to get a2sd working on my ROM?) - please step by step
2) I already have several apps installed, will they be moved to sd without problems?
3) What am I supposed to do in case I want to install an update of the ROM / what happens with the ext-partition?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by staud, 18 May 2012 - 10:33 AM.

Posted Image

staud

staud

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
Got it working with s2e v4 script.

Posted Image

steeperton

steeperton

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
  • Devices:Blade (CM10), Xoom (CM10)
I used the v4 script, and it seems to be working, ish.

S2E app says that a reboot is required. Constantly. Rebooting doesn't help. And if I install the update from market, it stops it all from working (all options are greyed out after update). Is this just my set up?

ColdfusionX, 210Mb system, 2Mb cache.

Bergkees

Bergkees

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

I used the v4 script, and it seems to be working, ish.

S2E app says that a reboot is required. Constantly. Rebooting doesn't help. And if I install the update from market, it stops it all from working (all options are greyed out after update). Is this just my set up?

ColdfusionX, 210Mb system, 2Mb cache.

Well no, it's not just your setup. I have been trying a lot, including re-format of the sd and ext partitions, but the reboot message stays.
So, yes its working but not fully. I never had this problem with older versions. I'm even starting to suspect it might be related to cfx.
Is your sd-ext partition ext3 or ext4?

steeperton

steeperton

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Is your sd-ext partition ext3 or ext4?

I tried both - currently it's ext4...

trueno2k

trueno2k

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts
  • Devices:SGS3 I9300 + OMC/ZTE Skate

Got it working with s2e v4 script.

I don't know where to find this script!... Could you kindly provide us with a link or upload it to us, so that we may have a look at what this script is doing to create a sd-ext mount for S2E v2 please?

Thanks...

main-logo.pngSamba_hi_res_normal.jpg02_96x31.png14.gifreferral-ad-120x60.pnglogo-colors1-vflhO4gIp.png
Current devices [ ROM ]: Samsung Galaxy SIII [ CM11 Nightly ], Motorola Moto G [ Stock JB ], & Google/Asus Nexus 7 2013 [ Stock KK ]
Previous devices: Sony Ericsson Xperia ARC ( Anzu ), Orange Monte Carlo ( ZTE Skate ), Orange San Francisco ( ZTE Blade ), & HTC Wildfire ( Buzz )

steeperton

steeperton

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

I don't know where to find this script!... Could you kindly provide us with a link or upload it to us, so that we may have a look at what this script is doing to create a sd-ext mount for S2E v2 please?

Thanks...

Here you go:

Attached Files

stanvladut

stanvladut

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
Hi everyone! I just flashed simple2ext-v4.zip about 5 minutes ago but all the options are greyed. Knows anybody a solution ? Thanks!

tilal6991

tilal6991

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,781 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Skate, Huawei U8150
Use Link2SD.

If you like my work or if I helped, click the Plus button.

stanvladut

stanvladut

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
pff...i want s2e. It works for me first time i flashed but then i decided to format my card and phone to keep all things clean, but after that...the app didnt work. Still need to install Link2SD? But how do i do that ?

EDIT:I solved my problem. Just went in CWM ->Advanced->Partiton SD and that's all!

Edited by stanvladut, 26 May 2012 - 03:11 PM.

sej7278

sej7278

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,647 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade

pff...i want s2e. It works for me first time i flashed but then i decided to format my card and phone to keep all things clean, but after that...the app didnt work. Still need to install Link2SD? But how do i do that ?

EDIT:I solved my problem. Just went in CWM ->Advanced->Partiton SD and that's all!

Lol, i did that too, and it nuked my FAT32 partition! should have shrunk it with gparted and inserted the partition, which i assumed CWM would do (luckily i had an rsync backup).

also i had to format the partition afterwards before it would work, and CWM formatted it ext3 not ext4, although that's fine as it can backup ext3.

anyway Links2SD is working nicely now, I've got 4 screens full in app drawer now, with half of /data free, and finally can move my massive GPS app to sdcard, saving about 40mb!

oddly enough, Links2SD says when you turn on usb mass storage with the phone connected to a computer, it doesn't unmount /sd-ext, well on linux you get both partitions showing up, although it seems /data/sdext2 is still mounted, so probably a bad idea to write to it!

i really don't like the thought of s2e making the whole of /data on /sd-ext, you've got no way to install onto nand other than gapps in /system!

Edited by sej7278, 26 May 2012 - 06:14 PM.

chenhao

chenhao

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:v880
支持支持,我是中国网友。

yell

yell

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Francisco
Here's the problem.

I'v got ZTE Blade with Coldfusion ICS 29/05.
Got s2e installed.

The phone has plenty of space free:
Screenshot_2012-05-30-15-53-01.png Screenshot_2012-05-30-15-30-17.png

Despite this, OS thinks that it has less internal storage than it uses.
Screenshot_2012-05-30-14-33-34.png

Some apps install seamlessly, but some other don't install saying "Insufficient storage available"
Screenshot_2012-05-30-14-34-35.png Screenshot_2012-05-30-14-54-17.png

The problem has already been mentioned here, so it's not just me.
Looks to me like the space available is calculated ignoring the fact that /data/app is on another file system.

Dunno who is to blame: core ics or cm or s2e...
Any suggestions?

Attached Files

Edited by yell, 01 June 2012 - 10:18 AM.

viv1m

viv1m

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
so, exactly which zip to use?
<_<

jukooz

jukooz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
No matter which zip I use (from this or that post), I get "Root is required" all the time. I have 29/05 CFX. Is there zip working with this one?

Edited by jukooz, 30 May 2012 - 10:06 PM.

probals

probals

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Francisco, Nexus 7
  • Twitter:@probals
Hi guys,

Great thread.

Been using SS RLS7 for a few months now. Planning to move to CFX this weekend. Just wanted to summarize (for noobs like me) how CFX is installed with A2SD - S2E. Please comment if I have got it right:

Edit: My card already has a 2 GB ext3 partition.

1. Get GAPPs and CFX ROM from CFX OP and put them on the SD
2. Put A2SD - S2E zip on the SD from this post:

Here you go:

Attached Files
simple2ext-v4.zip 820.61K

3. Now FORMAT SYSTEM
4. Flash the ROM and A2SD - S2E zip
5. After this wipe data
6. Reboot
7. Flash Gapps
8. Reboot

And this post from the king himself:

Use Link2SD.

What is that about?

Edit: Read the FAQ thread. Tilal recommends using Link2SD. I assume this step is after step 6 above. Am I right?

Anyways, would prefer S2E myself (if all is ok) sind L2SD uses a b/g service and doesn't move app data. So, if anyone can tell me if S2E works perfectly and can confirm the steps above, that'll be great!

Will appreciate your responses. Thanks in advance.

P

Edited by probals, 01 June 2012 - 08:50 AM.

OSF user living in India
ROM: Eco CM9; SD Card: 16 GB San Disk Class 10; Network: Airtel (India) 3G/2G; Using since: Dec '10
Other devices: Nexus 7 (Stock, Rooted)

staud

staud

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Sorry! haven't visited this thread for a while. I took my s2e-v4 script from here.

@ probals: Though I would deem myself still being a noob, I can tell you that I did it like you described and it worked for me. Remember that you have to flash the s2e-script everytime you carry out a ROM update.

Posted Image

sej7278

sej7278

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,647 posts

Use Link2SD.

i'm getting all sorts of problems with links2sd - from mount warnings every time i reboot from recovery (seems to require reinstalling startup scripts and rebooting a couple of times) to "not enough free space" when updating apps from play store (fixed by unlinking and relinking then updating!)

probals

probals

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Francisco, Nexus 7
  • Twitter:@probals

@ probals: Though I would deem myself still being a noob, I can tell you that I did it like you described and it worked for me.

Thanks Staud. After facing all sorts of problems with Link2SD over the last 2-3 days, I'm going to try S2E. Let's see how it goes.

OSF user living in India
ROM: Eco CM9; SD Card: 16 GB San Disk Class 10; Network: Airtel (India) 3G/2G; Using since: Dec '10
Other devices: Nexus 7 (Stock, Rooted)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users