[CANCELED] TripNKernel EXTREMA 001 | OC 2.2Ghz

Guest TripNRaVeR

Guest iCeClouD

So this is essentially Bricked v0.3 with your mentioned tweaks and overclockabilities? Hope my phone will survive this power-rape... :D

EDIT: This is the sickest...! How in the hell do you do it chief? (rhetorical question :P ) *pat-yourself-on-the-back*

Edited by iCeClouD

Guest solracarevir

You never stop to Amaze me Trip!

To bad I handed my sensation a few days ago to my GF, I brought a Galaxy S2.

Please tell me your next phone will be a SGSII !!!!!

Guest one80oneday

hm, my phone's not booting. why is that ?

I dont get it :/

Same with me and trying to switch to another kernel it won't boot now either?

Edited by one80oneday

Guest darretje

He tripnraver,

I'm using Baadnwz sense 4.0 beta 10 rom. I installed your kernel and wiped the (dalvik) Cache.

Now the rom is stuck and the bootanimation, is this kernel compatible with a sense 4.0 rom??

Greetz

Darretje (NL)

Edit2: doesnt work on sense 3.6 & 4.0

Edited by darretje

Guest klothius

It works just fine with any HTC ICS ROM, it's just a problem that Trip included a full boot.img to be flashed which means it contains ramdisk for his roms and the boot class path in that init.rc doesn't contain all the framework files needed for a HTC ICS Sense Rom to boot (it cannot find the framework files that some apps or services need because there's nobody telling it where to find them and thus keeps bootlooping in hope that it might find something lol). Uploaded in the attachments of this post is the "fixed" flashable zip that contains edited Trips ramdisk so that it can boot on HTC ICS Sense roms and I also added a startup for init.d scripts on boot and startup for qualcoms post boot script (I know some devs like to put their rom specific tweaks in there) (hope you don't mind too much Trip). Nothing else is changed...all Trips tweaks in ramdisk scripts are there and the kernel is the same ofc ;) It will work for both those people that already broke their ROM installations and for those newcomers because it also contains a full package (boot.img). One note tho...this is for those wanting to use this kernel on HTCs ICS Sense Roms (and all based on it - that includes senseless roms), although peeps using completely AOSP/AOKP (meaning not senseless) builds needing the init.d scripts on boot can use it too because non existing boot class paths will be ignored (framework files specific to sense roms and not existing in clean aosp roms). Oh and btw 2.2GHz works like a charm, nice one Trip ;) P.S. Trip if you want me to remove the file for whatever the reason, just tell me.

EDIT : replaced the attachment with a flashable zip that works with sense 3.6, 4.0, senseless roms and official miui.

TripNKernel_EXTREMA-001_HTC_ICS_SENSE_MIUI_FIX.zip

Edited by klothius

Guest vikorth

It works just fine with any HTC ICS ROM, it's just a problem that Trip included a full boot.img to be flashed which means it contains ramdisk for his roms and the boot class path in that init.rc doesn't contain all the framework files needed for a HTC ICS Sense Rom to boot (it cannot find the framework files that some apps or services need because there's nobody telling it where to find them and thus keeps bootlooping in hope that it might find something lol).

Uploaded in the attachments of this post is the "fixed" flashable zip that contains edited Trips ramdisk so that it can boot on HTC ICS Sense roms and I also added a startup for init.d scripts on boot and startup for qualcoms post boot script (I know some devs like to put their rom specific tweaks in there) (hope you don't mind too much Trip). Nothing else is changed...all Trips tweaks in ramdisk scripts are there and the kernel is the same ofc ;) It will work for both those people that already broke their ROM installations and for those newcomers because it also contains a full package (boot.img).

One note tho...this is for those wanting to use this kernel on HTCs ICS Sense Roms (and all based on it - that includes senseless roms), although peeps using completely AOSP/AOKP (meaning not senseless) builds needing the init.d scripts on boot can use it too because non existing boot class paths will be ignored (framework files specific to sense roms and not existing in clean aosp roms).

Oh and btw 2.2GHz works like a charm, nice one Trip ;)

MD5 for the file is ecc8a0ed889d4f5deed2335604427556

P.S. Trip if you want me to remove the file for whatever the reason, just tell me.

I still can not boot. I am on MIUI official.

It's worked for me. very fast :lol:

I used MIUI 4 ROM from Trip and latest firmware 3.32 from XDA site.

PS. Next version, If you bundle OTG function into you kernel is very very amaze kernel.

Thanks you.

Edited by Giox

Guest Petrosk73

It works just fine with any HTC ICS ROM, it's just a problem that Trip included a full boot.img to be flashed which means it contains ramdisk for his roms and the boot class path in that init.rc doesn't contain all the framework files needed for a HTC ICS Sense Rom to boot (it cannot find the framework files that some apps or services need because there's nobody telling it where to find them and thus keeps bootlooping in hope that it might find something lol).

Uploaded in the attachments of this post is the "fixed" flashable zip that contains edited Trips ramdisk so that it can boot on HTC ICS Sense roms and I also added a startup for init.d scripts on boot and startup for qualcoms post boot script (I know some devs like to put their rom specific tweaks in there) (hope you don't mind too much Trip). Nothing else is changed...all Trips tweaks in ramdisk scripts are there and the kernel is the same ofc ;) It will work for both those people that already broke their ROM installations and for those newcomers because it also contains a full package (boot.img).

One note tho...this is for those wanting to use this kernel on HTCs ICS Sense Roms (and all based on it - that includes senseless roms), although peeps using completely AOSP/AOKP (meaning not senseless) builds needing the init.d scripts on boot can use it too because non existing boot class paths will be ignored (framework files specific to sense roms and not existing in clean aosp roms).

Oh and btw 2.2GHz works like a charm, nice one Trip ;)

MD5 for the file is ecc8a0ed889d4f5deed2335604427556

P.S. Trip if you want me to remove the file for whatever the reason, just tell me.

Doesn't work with sense 4! :(

Guest klothius

+1 just tried, works with tripdroid 113, sense 4.0, wont boot, stuck on htc logo.

Haven't tried 4.0 yet, but I'm guessing they added also a few extra framework files that need to be added to boot path...I'm not at home right now, so someone else can fix it by adding missing paths to init.rc...if not I'll do it after I get back.

Guest Petrosk73

Haven't tried 4.0 yet, but I'm guessing they added also a few extra framework files that need to be added to boot path...I'm not at home right now, so someone else can fix it by adding missing paths to init.rc...if not I'll do it after I get back.

Thank you very much! :)