Yet another noob...

Guest bizkutz

Guest bizkutz

I am actually working with a Mobii POV, but from what I've read they are "identical". Currently it loops at boot 1 or 2 times before it gives me the error "Process system is not responding". I have been trying to flash with the factory rom, but to avail. I have loaded the USB drivers successfully, and the computer makes a noise when I start in recover mode,but when I try to run the .exe file to flash it tells me "Unknown device found" and shuts the process down. After hours of reading and nothing working I am at wits end. I have also tried vegatools.....any help is appreciated.

Reguards

Guest richardmlea

Hi biz,

What rom are you trying to install? Try the factory test rom from this thread.

Fresh links for the from are at the bottom of the thread.

Your usb drivers could be wrong on your PC. Use Vega tools and the included Audi app to remove the USB drivers and install the correct ones. Use the vegatools help files and follow the instructions in Audi to guide you through audi.

Good luck

Guest bizkutz

Tried the audi tool, it keeps telling me that the driver isn't installed correctly. Tried everything several times, computer still doesn't recognize the unit. When the driver installs, it is listed as " NVIDIA USB Boot-recovery drive for mobile devices" so according to the instructions it is installed. I am trying to flash the unit with the image from the POV site, I am also trying the modded rom or anything that will break the reboot loop.

Lost in space,

Bizkutz

Hi biz,

What rom are you trying to install? Try the factory test rom from this thread.

http://android.modac...t-vega-p10-10s/

Fresh links for the from are at the bottom of the thread.

Your usb drivers could be wrong on your PC. Use Vega tools and the included Audi app to remove the USB drivers and install the correct ones. Use the vegatools help files and follow the instructions in Audi to guide you through audi.

Good luck

Guest richardmlea

"NVIDIA USB Boot-recovery drive for mobile devices" if this listed in device manager on your pc when you are connected then every thing is fine. You are in restore and the drivers are correct. You probably have a dodgy USB 2.0 A to A cable or maybe even a USB 1.0 A to A cable. Try a different cable.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest bizkutz

"NVIDIA USB Boot-recovery drive for mobile devices" if this listed in device manager on your pc when you are connected then every thing is fine. You are in restore and the drivers are correct. You probably have a dodgy USB 2.0 A to A cable or maybe even a USB 1.0 A to A cable. Try a different cable.

I have tried several cables now, though since my last post I was able to update the firmware with provided software from the mobii website. Still having trouble hooking up to install a custom ROM using audi. It says the drivers weren't installed correctly, so I followed the directions to no avail. I D/L'd a .exe of the modded rom, it uses nvflash, and it could also not find the tablet. Frustrated, but I will get this...

EDIT:

Holy crap I feel like even more of a noob..... whilst trying to flash a ROM, I "bricked" my pov. I know people say you can't brick one, but I think I did. Won't respond to power button or back+power combo. Tried cracking the case for the "needle method", running a needle down the left side of the nand chip, and nothing works. Fail... can anyone help?

Edited by bizkutz