DianXin Rom or DX Rom

Guest Davidoff59

Guest unmukt

Rom has a nice feel to it. Unfortunately, the home button didnt work. Will redownload when I am home.

Couple of clarifications reqd wrt issues faced:

1) Is there any particular reason why it is not catching the 3g signal?

Operator: Vodafone India.

I have got the 'use only 2g option' disabled.

2) Also, when I change the language from chinese to english, some apps/folders still appear in chinese (unlike the screenshot posted by you).

Can you let me know what I am doing wrong?

3) Some people on xda have reported issues faced in Wifi connectivity. Has this been resolved?

Thanks

Guest Davidoff59

My internet works fine. It shows 3G but does go to Hsdpa, it just doesn't appear to have the H icon.

The Xda link is in English automatically. The only Chinese bit is in messaging, when you click on an icon at the top of the screen, there are what look like pre built quick send messages. These are in Chinese and I have asked for it to be translated.

Reg wifi, I'm not sure as I don't have wifi. There are updates released every Fri for bug fixes and you will get a pop-up showing an update is available. All updates are done over the air.

They also update their own apps in this way, things like the dialler etc.

Have you put your apn details in correctly, can't see anything else that would affect data

Edited by Davidoff59

Guest unmukt

My internet works fine. It shows 3G but does go to Hsdpa, it just doesn't appear to have the H icon.

The Xda link is in English automatically. The only Chinese bit is in messaging, when you click on an icon at the top of the screen, there are what look like pre built quick send messages. These are in Chinese and I have asked for it to be translated.

Reg wifi, I'm not sure as I don't have wifi. There are updates released every Fri for bug fixes and you will get a pop-up showing an update is available. All updates are done over the air.

They also update their own apps in this way, things like the dialler etc.

Have you put your apn details in correctly, can't see anything else that would affect data

Thanks for your response

Yep.... APN has been verified. I am getting only 2 g as of now.

Also, button savior crashes on install in this ROM, unable to figure out why

Guest Davidoff59

I would do a speedtest to see what download speeds you are getting. Also check with your service provider that network is ok.

I had issues last month for 15 days which coincided with a new rom install. Turned out o2 had maintenance to do so I was only getting 2g. I initially blamed the rom until I dug deeper

Guest d_borghi

hi,

good work on my zte blade chinaunicom.

problems:

1) camera don't work

2) only english (i'd need italian languange and italian keyboard too, t9)

3) s2e doesn't work and app2sd darktremor makes totally crash the system.

i' had to return to swedish snow, but it was a very smooth rom, i'm sorry.

i'll be waiting for news.

bye

db

Guest Davidoff59

There is another kernel on Xda but there is no details included. I have asked the op there to provide details.

App2sd has given zero issues for me. I have never used s2e sorry.

Don't be sorry. Choice is good. Its not my rom and I take no credit for it.

I will file bug report about the home button. Whilst I didn't have this issue, others are. I'm not sure why redownloading and reflashing fixes it.

Guest Davidoff59

For those that use this rom or may be interested,

updated to 06/04/2012

bad news: all 2.3 ROM will stop updates

good news: focus on 4.0 ROM and hope it will

arrive soon.

DX team are working on Android 4.0

Guest matje103

Proximity sensor and camera didn't work. I still found chines signs all over the rom, switching back to Swedish Snow.. (having hopes for dianxin os ICS rolleyes.gif)

Edited by matje103

Guest scuzzbucket

Has anyone else noticed how much of this rom is available to download as separate apps on the market? The launcher, dialer/contact/messaging app, battery saver and maybe more. Search on Play Store for "Tapas Mobile". Also seems they bought "optimize toolbox" app makers recently. This rom has had some big money invested in it, seems they have major ambition.

Guest Davidoff59
http://www.dianxinos.com/richpage?accordion_name=about&richid=12&lang=en if you want a read about them. When I first heard about DX on xda, they only had about 2 market apps with the rest built into their roms. It seems they are developing very quickly as the company is only young and their roms are even younger. I expect a good future for them

Guest hankhandsome

i like the look of this - think i'll give it a quick spin.

it needs to have the 'advance music tracks with volume keys' feature for me to use it full time though

Guest scuzzbucket

Used this on a Nexus S and Blade. Very impressed. They have a bright future. Seems like they're trying to do a Xaomi/MIUI thing with direction they are going. Wonder if we'll get a DX phone like the Mi-one.

Shame there isn't a version for the phones I have at the moment.

Guest danikollar

This is a great ROM, everything works fine for me on an Orange San Francisco! I use it for almost a month ago.

Edited by danikollar

• 2 weeks later...