1. Stuck Ubuntu 11.10 x64 on a VirtualBox machine.
2. Installed JDK via the PPA repository:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:webupd8team/java sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install oracle-jdk7-installer
3. I took a look at this, and managed to extract the recovery img for 184.108.40.206 (as i'm trying to find a fix so that when we backup, our sd-ext get backed up) using the supplied unpack-bootimg.pl.
4. Made a change in /etc/recovery.fstab so that it looked like this:
# mount point fstype device [device2] /misc mtd misc /boot mtd boot /system yaffs2 system /data yaffs2 userdata /cache yaffs2 cache /recovery mtd recovery /sdcard vfat /dev/block/mmcblk0p1 /dev/block/mmcblk0 /sd-ext ext4 /dev/block/mmcblk0p2 /dev/block/mmcblk0
5. I'm having trouble repacking the img. I think i need to find the right mkbootimg file or compile it myself? But I have no idea how to. Any pointers from our current devs?
I found a mkbootimg file on mediafire, and that created the img fine, Just I can't get into recovery so i'm guessing that mkbootimg isn't right for our phone.
taking a look into this http://android.modac..._1#entry1764443
Edited by VJftw, 28 March 2012 - 07:18 PM.