My Vega and its wireless just broke...

Guest RenegadeAndy

Guest RenegadeAndy

Hey Guys.

I am currently running :

Vegacomb 3.2 VC 3.2 Build 9n kernel : 2.6.36.3vegacomb-release-by-TeamNewCo+rebel1@linux-36c8 #3

Today the wifi randomely disconnected - I got it reconnected then it died again, and now when I try to turn on the wireless in the android options it just sits there saying "Turning on" and then eventually moves to "Error"

Any advice would be very welcome!

Cheers,

Andy

Edited by RenegadeAndy

Guest richardmlea

I have seen that error before but I have not used vegacomb for some time so I cant remember how I fixed it. I am sure a reboot fixed the problem but I will assume you have tried that. Do you have a recent backup? If not do one and then reinstall the rom. tht should fix your wifi, then you can restore yor backup.

I have just remembered something while typing. There was a problem with some honeycomb roms where people could not get a wifi connection even after reinstalling the rom. The answer was to install an earlier version of vegacomb and connect the wifi, then, only after you know the connection is working you can install the rom you want and restore the backup.

Why not use this oppertunity to upgrade to VegaICS. It's running really well with only a few problems that are being ironed out by the dev's as we speak. It's well worth a look and its a EXE file so installation is a doddle

Dont let the beta status scare you it is a good as most honeycomb roms for most people (after a couple of easy tweeks).

Edited by richardmlea

Guest RenegadeAndy

Cool - trying the install now!

I have seen that error before but I have not used vegacomb for some time so I cant remember how I fixed it. I am sure a reboot fixed the problem but I will assume you have tried that. Do you have a recent backup? If not do one and then reinstall the rom. tht should fix your wifi, then you can restore yor backup.

I have just remembered something while typing. There was a problem with some honeycomb roms where people could not get a wifi connection even after reinstalling the rom. The answer was to install an earlier version of vegacomb and connect the wifi, then, only after you know the connection is working you can install the rom you want and restore the backup.

Why not use this oppertunity to upgrade to VegaICS. It's running really well with only a few problems that are being ironed out by the dev's as we speak. It's well worth a look and its a EXE file so installation is a doddle http://android.modac...__fromsearch__1

Dont let the beta status scare you it is a good as most honeycomb roms for most people (after a couple of easy tweeks).