Update question

Guest mayguy

Guest mayguy

Hi peeps how is everyone

i have a little question about liquid metal. i have it and i used to have froyo out of the box (i bought it from rogers so its GEN 2) i wanted to update it but i discovered only the GEN 1 can be updated to ginger with an official rom. then i found online the 4.000.01 app gen2 so i flashed it and everything is ok. yesterday surprisingly i received an update notification (i thought i won't ever get it because i flashed this rom manually and it wasn't even on the website but it seemed original from acer so maybe that is why I got a new upgrade notification yesterday. what worries me what if the update which is 4.000.13 (or 03 i dont remember) is gen 1 and it could brick my acer? how can i make sure that they sent this update knowing than i have gen 2 4.000.01 on my phone?

thank you all

Guest mayguy

well if it is a uk rom then my 3g will be all messed up correct? cause i have north american version of the liquid metal so different 3g frequencies.

correct?

Guest scotth324

It will work fine. I am running the Acer ug file that Vache posted a while back. It works great. I am in Ontario with tbaytel running a Rogers phone.

Guest scotth324

This is what you are looking for. It worked just fine for me and after you get this on your phone you can then put a custom recovery on and then whatever you want. Or run it stock. http://android.modaco.com/topic/348122-leak236-acer-liquidmt-400013-emea-gen1/

There are stickies at the top of the main page that tell you everything else you need to know. Sorry for the wait I didn't get home till late last night and had no time.