Zte Blade II or Crescent with OLED?

Guest gamba66

Guest gamba66

Hi,

Do any of you guys know if there is a version out of the Zte Blade 2 or Zte Crescent which packs an OLED screen?

This site claims it does!:

Display

Screen size (diagonal) 3.5 inches Technology HD Super AMOLED Resolution (Y) 480 px Resolution (X) 800 px Touchscreen type Capacitive

My link

The same site claims the ZTE Skate Acqua has an AMOLED display.. is this true? And is it even out yet?

Is there even any other ZTE Smartphone with an OLED screen?

Edited by gamba66

Guest Amphoras

The ZTE Blade II is a different phone from the ZTE Crescent/ZTE Blade S. As far as I know, the Crescent doesn't come with an OLED screen. The first lot of the original ZTE Blade's came with OLED screens, but they later changed to TFT or LCD screens instead.

Guest gamba66

The ZTE Blade II is a different phone from the ZTE Crescent/ZTE Blade S. As far as I know, the Crescent doesn't come with an OLED screen. The first lot of the original ZTE Blade's came with OLED screens, but they later changed to TFT or LCD screens instead.

Are you sure?

If you compare the pictures of the Orange San Francisco 2 and the ZTE Blade 2 they look the same dont they??

Heres a pic from different sources

My link

ZTE Blade 2

zte-blade-v881-1.jpg

ZTE-Blade-2.jpg

San Francisco 2

Orange%20San%20Francisco%20II%20PR%20shot%201-420-90.jpg

Orange%20San%20Francisco%20II%20PR%20shot%203-420-90.jpg

Camera is positioned a bit differently but maybe that was only a minor change?

The other source doesnt claim though its an Amoled screen but rather

EDIT: Okay maybe I was wrong

I found this video of the ZTE Blade 2 or Aglaia or V881 xD

Does that look like an AMOLED screen?

If you look at this on though, the V881 looks exactly like the Orange San Francisco 2.. But its only a dummy model

Edited by gamba66

Guest fr0do

No amphora mistyped I think.

The Blade 2 is the Crescent.

Type 1 = The San Francisco 2 called the Blade S in France (although hardware might be different to the San Francisco 2 as bluetooth didn't work in F'N'C R4)

Type 2 = Then there's the T-Mobile Vivacity, also a Crescent / Blade 2 but slightly different hardware again. (The Blade S stock rom is incompatable).

There are 2 known screen manufacturers: Synaptec and Atmel, in both the TMV and the SF2. (dial *983*24474636# to check which one you have).

Guest soami

What I read, San Francisco II or Vivacity aren't Blade II, though they have similiar specification. Official Blade 2 comes to our market (Czech) in these days and looks different - IMHO much worse than SF2.

The only difference is CPU which is 1GHz in Blade 2.No mention about display but apparently TFT.

Guest fr0do

The difference between the blade 1 and the blade 2 is the blade 1 is 600mhz and the blade 2 is 800mhz. Other than that there's the 5mp camera over 3mp, and front facing camera.

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

Blade II isn't the San Fran II, if you look at the picture of the Blade II, it's got a 1GHz processor, ours only has 800MHz. Seems like ZTE like to just overclock one phone and rename it to something else.

ZTE-Blade-2.jpg

Guest gamba66

and what about the OLED screen?

did ZTE only release the original ZTE Blade with an OLED screen and all the new phones with TFT?

I am really digging the OLED screens, even if pentile matrix :) On 3.5 inches I think pentile matrix is very good still

Guest fr0do

Blade II isn't the San Fran II, if you look at the picture of the Blade II, it's got a 1GHz processor, ours only has 800MHz. Seems like ZTE like to just overclock one phone and rename it to something else.

ZTE-Blade-2.jpg

Didn't our devices come names Blade 2?

I appreciate the above is quite different(well it has a faster cpu which is great), but I don't get the naming

& yes gamba only the sf1 ever came with oled :)

Edited by fr0do

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

Didn't our devices come names Blade 2?

I appreciate the above is quite different(well it has a faster cpu which is great), but I don't get the naming

& yes gamba only the sf1 ever came with oled :)

I had thought so, under the google market I'm sure it was named as Blade 2 but it now seems to be referred to as the Blade S...

Blade S : http://www.gsmchoice...gue/zte/blades/

Blade II : http://www.gsmchoice...E-Blade-II.html

That picture above also states that the Blade II will have ICS, I think that will be the release we need to get a fully working nice ICS on our phones.

Although...

This is the processor on the Blade II...

http://pdadb.net/ind...alcomm_msm7227a

It's a Snapdragon S1, Armv7-A (ARM Cortex-A5)

This is ours...

http://pdadb.net/ind...alcomm_msm7227t

Armv6 (ARM1136EJ-S)

So we may still have problems.

Edited by PsYcHoKiLLa

Guest fr0do

hmmm arm7 - well that's what we were hoping for with ours wasn't it. Too different to the arm6 I guess :(

Your rom is based on the French Blade S isn't it - explaining your current reporting model. Mine is based on flibblesans rom and reads Blade 2 still. In the ZTE update tool mine is called Vivacity.

969894TMV.jpg

925549zteblades.jpg