[ROM] JOYOS 1.1.4 for ZTE Skate

Guest xiaoyaoswim

Guest brookergray

wonderful rom :D , I'll try it later ;)

please tell me , does it contains english & french ?

Because I saw in the screen screenshots that it is the chinese language :blink:

You know writing in size 4 makes you seem like an idiot. It

• 2 weeks later...
Guest stiefanu

hi xiaoyaoswim,

could you please tell me how to change lockscreen and taskmanager icon? (e.g. message icon in the lockscreen when a new message is received)...i've managed to change them in the launcher, but i don't know how to do it for lockscreen and taskmanager!

I've also changed notification icon..if you want i can give you modified systemui.apk!

screenshot here and here!

Edited by stiefanu

Guest xiaoyaoswim

hi xiaoyaoswim,

could you please tell me how to change lockscreen and taskmanager icon? (e.g. message icon in the lockscreen when a new message is received)...i've managed to change them in the launcher, but i don't know how to do it for lockscreen and taskmanager!

I guess these icons are in framework-res.apk, you may check the PNG files in drawable-hdpi. But I'm not 100% sure - I've only used JOYOS for less than one day.

Guest stiefanu

Thanks, i'll have a look in framework-res.apk :D

However in the first post you said that it's based on IA III, but i can't see some features like rotate animation or some cm settings. why?

Edited by stiefanu

Guest xiaoyaoswim

Actually lower level of this ROM like kernel and libs are based on IA III, but apps and frameworks are ported from JOYOS.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest iReece

It's good, but hoping for an update to sort out the font... It's a bit big for an iPhone...

Edot, silly me, could change it myself...

Still missing many features though, but it's a great start.

Not nearly as smooth as others, doesn't look perfect either.

It's missing rotation animation, animated power off screen, joy home isn't perfect. But I love the quick delete option.

Other than the speed and overall look, it's a good rom :)

Edited by iReece

Guest stiefanu

I changed some things in this rom, such as notification icons..you can use ilauncher instead of joyos. with ilauncher you can change all the icons! and finally itap keyboard, an iphone look like keyboard! with these changes it looks much nicer!

Guest iReece

I changed some things in this rom, such as notification icons..you can use ilauncher instead of joyos. with ilauncher you can change all the icons! and finally itap keyboard, an iphone look like keyboard! with these changes it looks much nicer!

Yeah, but the font sizes on buttons makes it look terrible... But, at the same time, I also find it difficult to remove for now... Maybe the music app has gotten to me...

Going to modifZy the entire thing, font sizes, settings, buttons, text, grammar.

When I'm dine I'll repost. If I get it done :/ I edit the framework-res and settingsui, right?...

Edited by iReece

Guest longin

我的英文很糟..所以我打中文..

親愛的版主..我刷進了a2sd+後..為何不能啟用呢..需要做什麼更改嗎.

謝謝您

My English is bad .. so I hit the Chinese ..

Dear moderators .. I brush into the a2sd + .. why can not enable it .. need to do to change it?

Thank you

THANK THANK....

突然...能用了...謝謝您了..版主大大...這真是好棒的版本

Edited by longin

Guest iReece

Is it possible to fix this or is it ingrained in the rom?

You can fix it.

Framework-res.apk contains the strings for a majority of the text.

SystemUI contains the rest. Sadly, I am unable to decompile systemUI with windows vista. And when I tried recompiling the framework-res.apk, the phone decided it was high time to force close EVERYTHING.

Guest longin

I found a problem .. When I backup .. restore .. will the card machine .. Is there way to solve this situation.

有個問題..備份之後..只要回存就整個卡機了..無法使用..請問有方法嗎?

Guest m4te

Very cool, working great so far, thanks!

EDIT: In messages, the screen doesn't rotate, so it's kinda hard to write sms in portrait mode... I have screen rotation turned on... any ideas?

Edited by m4te

• 2 weeks later...
Guest xiaoyaoswim

Hi guys, just to let you know that I will not be able to update this ROM for at least a couple of months. I'm extremely busy writing up my thesis, also cannot use my Skate - I'm currently on a CDMA2000 network.

Those love JOYOS should be able to find newer versions ported for Skate by googling the internet.

• 6 months later...
Guest Gamecon

Hi everybody!

Still waiting for next version of that great ROM?

Is it possible to port 1.2.2 from Blade using Linux ZTE porting tool correctly?

I've tried already,but after flashing Skate had no signal at all(

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...