TWRP Recovery?

Guest Ianis G. Vasilev

Guest Ianis G. Vasilev

Okay, first - I won't even try doing this because I just bricked a phone and if I brick this one I won't forgive myself.

Many of you probably don't know what TWRP recovery is. For those - please search it, the project site doesn't give a good description and the features in the recovery include custom settings for standard directory, verification and md5 sum options, visual themes, batch zip installation and more...)

I know we have CWM and AmonRa, but the features of TWRP recovery makes it unique, so I hope some of our devs will try to make a port (official TWRP support is hard to get...)

Guest Lens_flare

I seems starting to get why they don't have much devices.. there are no instructions to build their recovery :P

it is represented like koush's one but something strange happens when trying to replace his source over cm..

Guest Ianis G. Vasilev

I couldn't find a way to contact the developer responsible for the unofficial LG P500 port of the recovery, so I'll see what I can find.

Edited by Ianis G. Vasilev

Guest Lens_flare

good news for you: I've managed to compile TWRP 1.1.1.

For now having only problems with nandroid..it is just don't want to work.

Edited by Lens_flare

Guest Lens_flare

Poll is useless.

That recovery just doesn't matches our partition table, that setups recovery size thresold about 5 mb,

backup problems are about userdebug build type, that contains incomplete recovery implementation. for complete one I have to use eng type that exceeds 5mb thresold..

EDIT:

Busybox on it just HUGE. if I shorten it with for example MIUI one, I could flash recovery again... but nothing happens! It still can't backup anything, also rom installing is not working (even with .md5 file).

So I'm giving up on building 1.1.1. Maybe I will have more luck with 2.0.

eh.. was so happy with acid-like themes :D

Edited by Lens_flare