3 replies to this topic

JackzR

JackzR

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Devices:Advent Vega
Hello peeps

My advent vega won't charge, Ive reinstalled Version 1.10 FULL system image - WITH ADOBE FLASH was running corvus5

I put the charger in and nothing happens and ive got 6% battery left and there was a question mark? in the battery icon. after i plugged in the cable i charged it 1% then it stopped. (first time i plugged it in after the reinstall)

what can i do?

thanks guys!

Edited by JackzR, 29 March 2012 - 12:13 PM.

ju88a

ju88a

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
I would try putting a custom rom on again with clockworkmod, then booting into clockworkmod and wiping data, cache and dalvik, I think one of those contains a special file related to the battery status. Maybe the file has become corrupt. Its also possible the charger has blownup.

Hello peeps

My advent vega won't charge, Ive reinstalled Version 1.10 FULL system image - WITH ADOBE FLASH was running corvus5

I put the charger in and nothing happens and ive got 6% battery left and there was a question mark? in the battery icon. after i plugged in the cable i charged it 1% then it stopped. (first time i plugged it in after the reinstall)

what can i do?

thanks guys!

richardmlea

richardmlea

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts
  • Interests:Technology, science, movies, motorcycles, classic volkswagons, paintball, skiing to name a few of my interests.
  • Devices:P10AN01, TF201, HTC Sensation
  • Twitter:@richard lea
First question is the blue charge light coming on. No? I can pretty much guarantee its your charger causing the problem. It will be broken at the connector.
You can get a new charger on eBay for about a tenner or you can go to maplins and get a replacement connector for £2 and a soldering kit for £8 and fix it yourself (you will also have a soldering iron for other jobs).
P.S. the charger plug breaking is a common fault because of the sockets location near the corner. mine has broken several times.

Edited by richardmlea, 30 March 2012 - 09:45 AM.

Richard Lea
[email protected]
Replacement Tablet Screens UK
I offer a friendly, UK Advent Vega repair service for hardware problems. Just PM or email me your requirements.
Replacement Touchscreens, LCD's and repair service for most Tablets.

JackzR

JackzR

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Devices:Advent Vega

First question is the blue charge light coming on. No? I can pretty much guarantee its your charger causing the problem. It will be broken at the connector.
You can get a new charger on eBay for about a tenner or you can go to maplins and get a replacement connector for £2 and a soldering kit for £8 and fix it yourself (you will also have a soldering iron for other jobs).
P.S. the charger plug breaking is a common fault because of the sockets location near the corner. mine has broken several times.

Great shout,

Got a new charger off ebay and working now.

Thanks

Edited by JackzR, 19 April 2012 - 04:20 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users