46 replies to this topic

elixir.amrit

elixir.amrit

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Devices:Acer liquid A1
i have used ur tool to compile the rom using ur 2.3.23 release and n1 2.3.30. the rom ported successfully but it isn't booting..flashed it twice! stuck on acer android :-(

Master_T

Master_T

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts
Everyone seems to have this problem, but it works fine on my phone... mmm... I'll try to upload my 2.3.30 if I have time, see if it works on yours.

Master_T

Master_T

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts
My 2.3.30, made with the tool. Been using it two weeks now... let's see if it works.

http://mir.cr/0CH8GLSP

Edited by Master_T, 14 April 2012 - 10:31 AM.

egguibs

egguibs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Devices:Acer Liquid
hi i tried you port and it working perfectly and its i gess the most smoth miui i tested !

Master_T

Master_T

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts
That was done with Auto-LiMPoT with my 2.3.23 and N1 2.3.30... it would be useful if you uploaded the one YOU generated, so I can compare the two and see why yours isn't working...

youpi666

youpi666

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts

My 2.3.30, made with the tool. Been using it two weeks now... let's see if it works.

http://mir.cr/0CH8GLSP

I've decided to try for the fun and... this MIUI rom is a great, great rom ! Probably one of the best i've tried !

Master_T

Master_T

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts

I've decided to try for the fun and... this MIUI rom is a great, great rom ! Probably one of the best i've tried !

That's nice to hear, but one thing confuses me.

You said after installing java you managed to make Auto-LiMPoT work... so why didn't you just build this very rom yourself with the tool? What I mean is: I made this tool so that people wouldn't be constantly waiting for others to make ports and upload them, if I start uploading the roms myself it kinda defeats the purpose, doesn't it?

An to be clear: I'm not attacking you, I'm just trying to understand how people think... everyone is always asking for the latest MIUI version, but now that it can be built automatically people still wait for someone to upload roms for them. Is it that the tool doesn't work for you too? Some other reason?? If it doesn't work, let's get together and find out how to fix it, but I need some input on your (I mean everyone that uses the program, not you in particular) part.

Lens_flare

Lens_flare

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,504 posts
wow, I thought it is impossible to automate :D
anyway, if something goes wrong, you could always see a log and quickfix rom you are trying to boot.

hi i tried you port and it working perfectly and its i gess the most smoth miui i tested !

that's what I call LF magic bro :D

Edited by Lens_flare, 16 April 2012 - 03:11 PM.

youpi666

youpi666

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts

That's nice to hear, but one thing confuses me.

You said after installing java you managed to make Auto-LiMPoT work... so why didn't you just build this very rom yourself with the tool? What I mean is: I made this tool so that people wouldn't be constantly waiting for others to make ports and upload them, if I start uploading the roms myself it kinda defeats the purpose, doesn't it?

An to be clear: I'm not attacking you, I'm just trying to understand how people think... everyone is always asking for the latest MIUI version, but now that it can be built automatically people still wait for someone to upload roms for them. Is it that the tool doesn't work for you too? Some other reason?? If it doesn't work, let's get together and find out how to fix it, but I need some input on your (I mean everyone that uses the program, not you in particular) part.

Easy answer : the time my friend, the time ! :)

Last time, after the java problem, i've tried to made my rom, from the phoenix stable version. It doesn't work. I've had no time to do more so i rest with my 2.3.7c.

Today, i've got some time, so i try your rom.
And just now, with this wonderful rom, i'll try to make a 2.4.6
;)

youpi666

youpi666

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts
Could we use only N1 rom for port or desire rom could work too ?

(Because i don't find new N1 GB version since N1 have MIUI ics).

Master_T

Master_T

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Could we use only N1 rom for port or desire rom could work too ?

(Because i don't find new N1 GB version since N1 have MIUI ics).

only N1

But if they don't release N1 rom it means the new version only introduces fixes for other devices that do not make any differences on N1, so there would probably be no difference between my 2.3.30 and a supposed 2.4.6 if it existed.

PS: yes the tool is designed to use roms by either Lens, iKrautDroid or me as base. Phoenix is untested and probably not working.

Edited by Master_T, 16 April 2012 - 04:22 PM.

youpi666

youpi666

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts
ok so the 2.3.30 is the last version for Liquid.

I confirm, with the phoenix version the build crash ;)

egguibs

egguibs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
Mister t yes i ll wend you my failed port very soon when i 'll have some time to check whats going wrong

anyway thanks to you mister t and all devs like Lens flare who totally converted me to miui mania since this one ;-) http://miuiandroid.c...ht-force.11653/

egguibs

egguibs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
here it is my rom which not running a took your 2.3.23 and a 2.3.30 for n1 the convertion worked fine but it don't boot !

http://www.mirrorcre....3.30.zip_links

egguibs

egguibs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
hello i tried to compare the 2 os with win merge it seems to have 3 differents files the torsh and fm that i ve forgotten to remove and the service.jar file

egguibs

egguibs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
its indeed the service.jar the problem i took yours and i put into the rom i converted it work fine !

egguibs

egguibs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
soo to finish i converted with your tool a N1 rom 2.3.30 in fr with your 2.3.23 i took your service.jar from your 2.3.30 and the result is a 2.3.30 in french XD
http://www.mirrorcre...impot.zip_links

Dario93

Dario93

Hardcore

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts
  • Interests:Music,Android,Developing,Photography
  • Devices:Galaxy S 3 Mini, Asus TF101
  • Twitter:@Dario993
Really great Master_T ^_^ It's very nice to see someone still working for the old liquid :)

Device: Galaxy S3 Mini - ROM: DMod v2N
Device: Asus Transfomer TF101 - ROM: Stock ICS

Requests? Just PM me! :)

If you like my work, Offer me a Beer!

Posted Image

elixir.amrit

elixir.amrit

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Devices:Acer liquid A1
i have found a guide on XDA on how to port MIUIv4 to any phone>>http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1499411..i tried to combine a rom and i'm getting installation aborted error status 7..i dont know what to ..i took cm9 beta 2 as base and miuiv4 2.4.13 (nexus one rom from miui.us).can anyone help me in solving that error..its my first try to compile a rom!

Edited by elixir.amrit, 20 April 2012 - 09:21 AM.

egguibs

egguibs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
my rom helped you to find the solution master t ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users