* * * * - 4 votes

• Please log in to reply
133 replies to this topic

Profit2U

Profit2U

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi Paul, great review. I own a One X now and coming from an Iphone4 I learned a lot of new Android ICS features from your review.
I have 1 questions: in your review in the mail appp you write "Thankfully, the stock ICS app can be easily installed without any ROM hacking to allow the best of both worlds.

Were can I find/download the stock ICS mail app?
From the Play Store maybe?
If so, what is its name?

Thanks!

FredK.

Paul77

Paul77

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 4, Nexus 7, HOX, G1

Hi Paul, great review. I own a One X now and coming from an Iphone4 I learned a lot of new Android ICS features from your review.
I have 1 questions: in your review in the mail appp you write "Thankfully, the stock ICS app can be easily installed without any ROM hacking to allow the best of both worlds.

Were can I find/download the stock ICS mail app?
From the Play Store maybe?
If so, what is its name?

Thanks!

FredK.

Here.....http://android.modac...-for-the-one-x/

s.izeman

s.izeman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Interests:Gym, my motorcycle and my One X
  • Devices:HTC One X
  • Twitter:@sizeman
I have heard that many one x phones are "dead on arrival". One of three has been sent back from the shop I asked (The phone house). Regarding Samsung Galaxy s2 they said that not a single guaranty report has been done. Is One X a "bad" phone?? The DOA's has been hardware issues, not software.

someone3974

someone3974

Regular

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
I really love this phone!!

fredchia123

fredchia123

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Hi Paul,

Can you please advise on the following?

1) The glass @ the back protecting the camera is not scratch proof nor Corning Goriila Glass.
2) The standalone GPS (or Maps) does not have any voice commands, ie, they are not really like a normal GPS system which will tell u to turn right or left in how many metres, etc. It is just similar to an offline street directory.
3) When doing a panaroma shoot, it is limited to only 5 frames, and we have to "align the line or arrow within the box" before we can shoot the panaroma shot. Does it mean that we cannot shoot @ 45 degress upwards/downwards (for eg), and anything more than 5 frames we will have to 'stitch' ourselves? Cos sometimes if we are are a top of a mountain and we see a scenic view, we will definitely use more than 5 frames to do a panaromic shot.
4) The phone is shock resistance and can withstand dropping on from heights. The salesperson even dropped the phone a few times to try to prove to me this point.
5) It is a quad-core, and it comes with a 5th core for battery saving. This sounds stupid as I think I read somewhere that it uses 3 cores for normal functions & the 4th core for battery saving. Just need some clarification.

Thanks.

Paul77

Paul77

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 4, Nexus 7, HOX, G1
Paul

At the recent event in Chicago, what did HTC say was their reason(s) for using hardware buttons instead of on-screen buttons. I find the button configuration a strange choice, particularly as it means you often lose any gains in screen size because of the need to display the legacy button on-screen.

Thanks

dr_ysp

dr_ysp

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
  • Devices:Galaxy Note II, Grey
  • Twitter:@dryspuri
what about screen glitches

INQ Touch

INQ Touch

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:INQ Cloud Touch
Interesting styling.. is it reliable?

trekstor609

trekstor609

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:Sensation xe
not sure buying an one s or an one x
whats your opinion?
especially battery life an will both devices get futere updates? at the same time?
an better choosing the tegra 3 or the snapdragon dualcore?

thanks for your help

hecatae

hecatae

Hardcore

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,195 posts
  • Devices:Samsung i9305
  • Twitter:@meritez
ordered my one x

silv3r4sh

silv3r4sh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Paul O'Brien, I'm still waiting for you to elaborate on the 'clever tweaking' you mentioned for that has great potential for making the battery even better!! :)

grizzlydroid

grizzlydroid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Devices:LG Optimus 2X
Found these awesome cradles for HTC One X! One with HDMI output and the other one is a Car dock. http://www.mugen-pow.../htc-one-x.html
Any other accessory suggestions??

chaosfoevr

chaosfoevr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
  • Devices:ZTE BLADE-SWDISH SNOW RLS-7
  • Twitter:@rajatshrestha
Hi, any one having problem wit the screen......left side of the screen is kinda commin loose.....it's just been week ..anyway m sendin it back..
Other than its awesome....little biggish for a ph thou, for everything else, nice one.........
Covers almost half of ma face.:-P
Slick design ,feel like it's gonna slip off me hand.

chaosfoevr

chaosfoevr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
  • Devices:ZTE BLADE-SWDISH SNOW RLS-7
  • Twitter:@rajatshrestha

Paul O'Brien, I'm still waiting for you to elaborate on the 'clever tweaking' you mentioned for that has great potential for making the battery even better!! :)

+1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users