iamthecosmos, on 02 April 2012 - 05:44 PM, said:
You mention that taking pictures during video recording doesn't effect video quality, but I noticed that in Vlad Savov's review of the One S in the Verge, he mentions that there is skipping in the resulting video at the parts where you have taken pictures - have you not found this to be the case on the One X? If not, maybe this is to do with the Tegra 3 Vs S4?
Finally, as much as I agree with you about the SGS3 being the phone to watch, I do think it is inappropriate and unfair to actually list it as a negative to the One X itself!
The videos I took as tests were perfectly smooth, so maybe it is different on the X?
For people who are spending money and committing to a 2 year contract, the fact it could be bettered by the Galaxy S III very soon indeed is a negative that I feel duty bound to make readers aware of.
vfrvulcan, on 02 April 2012 - 06:28 PM, said:
There's a lot of speculation as to whether the X has the FM Radio or not, but looking at your pics I see you have BBC Radio Suffolk in the list of freqs (106.4 where you are) and from your review it is quite plainly there. Why don't HTC show this in the specs or manual? Is the sound quality good?
There's definitely a FM radio, sound quality is OK, not mind blowing but good enough!
Nazgulled, on 02 April 2012 - 06:38 PM, said:
1) Is the Roboto font used all over Sense, here and there or not at all? Is it even included?
2) In any application with lists of items, the background is white. If there aren't enough items to fill the screen, the background is dark with stripped lines (http://content.modac...2-messages5.png
). Does the One X include UI themes where, perhaps, this background is lighter? I just think the background/items contrast looks really bad.
3) Ever since I saw the new "overscroll" effect shown at MWC, that I hated it. I think it's too much. Is there any option to change this effect to something else or maybe disable it?
1) I think so, it's hard to tell tho.
2) No, there isn't a theme that changes this.
3) No, this will need a custom ROM.
Paccy, on 02 April 2012 - 07:23 PM, said:
Can u post a video deoming the Slow Motion Video Capture ?
Yes, I will do!
vfrvulcan, on 02 April 2012 - 07:24 PM, said:
What's the screen like in direct/bright sunlight?? I know you had some of that in Diss last week :-)
Extremely good, one of the best i've used I guess, far far far far better than the One S OLED. Better than the Galaxy Nexus too.
suriya83, on 02 April 2012 - 08:27 PM, said:
Is there a video sample taken with the one x? i'm not able to find it
I haven't added that yet, watch this space!
fredchia123, on 03 April 2012 - 07:52 AM, said:
1) For the panaroma mode of the cam, is it sweep panaroma or assisted panaroma? Can you assist with some screenshots?
2) For the bugs, is there any workaround fix yet and are they really very annoying?
1) It's an automatic sweep panorama.
2) Nothing too bad, and they'll be fixed soon.
Tacobell_q80, on 03 April 2012 - 08:14 AM, said:
I don't. Know if you agree with me or not..... But advertising supports the sale of any devise. Lets see Apple and Samsung for example.. they spend a lot on their Adds and the huge wave of profit hits them back.
HTC is very poor in marketing and advertising similarly Asus. They bring the best devices and I love those manufacturers but yet it seems that both great Taiwanese company does not know how to play it.HTC needs to do more adds
HTC tell me they are putting their biggest ever marketing push behind the One series so...