Power management problems on VegaICS

Guest jevdroid

Guest jevdroid

My POV Mobii runs VegaICS Beta1 and suffers from a problem that seems to be part of the Asus EEE Pad too: after it sits idle for a couple of minutes, it goes into sleep as it should. However, after some time (hours?) it shuts down completely. When picking it up and waking it, it boots from the ground up completely. Is there a way to have it stay sleeping instead of switching off completely? I don't care if it drains the battery during sleep, it just bugs me that it needs a minute or so before I can actually do something on it. This behavior was much better in VegaComb 3.

Also, the wifi needs much longer to get up from sleeping state. When the tablet is sleeping and I wake it up, it first shows the WiFi connection is there, but after a couple of seconds it switches off. Than, after ten or twenty seconds, it comes up again.

I am tempted to go back to VegaComb, but before I do: is there a way to change this in VegaICS?

Guest Scanno
My POV Mobii runs VegaICS Beta1 and suffers from a problem that seems to be part of the Asus EEE Pad too: after it sits idle for a couple of minutes, it goes into sleep as it should. However, after some time (hours?) it shuts down completely. When picking it up and waking it, it boots from the ground up completely. Is there a way to have it stay sleeping instead of switching off completely? I don't care if it drains the battery during sleep, it just bugs me that it needs a minute or so before I can actually do something on it. This behavior was much better in VegaComb 3.

Also, the wifi needs much longer to get up from sleeping state. When the tablet is sleeping and I wake it up, it first shows the WiFi connection is there, but after a couple of seconds it switches off. Than, after ten or twenty seconds, it comes up again.

I am tempted to go back to VegaComb, but before I do: is there a way to change this in VegaICS?

Use Advanced Wifi Lock Free from Google Play. It keeps a wakelock. You will not have the shutdown (unless you loose your wifi connection) and wifi is always on, so no waiting for the reconnection.

Verstuurd van mijn HTC Vision met Tapatalk

Guest jevdroid
Use Advanced Wifi Lock Free from Google Play.

Thanks, I'll give it a shot!

Edit: that seems to work great, thanks again!

Edited by jevdroid