Query About Rooting

Guest bladebuddy

Guest bladebuddy

http://sanfranciscoandroid.co.uk/android/unlock-orange-san-francisco-ii/how-to-unlock-the-orange-san-francisco-ii-for-free/

First of all I would like to thank the author of the above guides for making it so simple to unlock my crescent. The guide was to well written and I got carried away and installed the original rom instead of fish and chips. In the process loosing cw recovery.

This brings me to my question. I did not see anything in the guides about rooting. Looking at some of the apps you are using like Titanium Backup you must have suppressed rights. So is this done with the rom download or am I missing something. Sorry to sound so dumb but I did this with my blade and this is my second crescent so want to get it right.

Thanks in advance.

Guest mytoza

Thanks for the quick reply. I thought that might me be the case just wanted to make sure.

Hi Guys

I would like to just root my sons Vivacity, not debrand it or unlock it, just root it.

Could someone please point me to a guide on how to use ADB to push SU to the phone. I have googled it but their seems to be quite a view variations on how to achieve this including where the correct location is, some I have seen say push it to the /sdcard some say /xbin etc.

So I am left a bit confused (and worried) as to where the correct location to push to is.

Thanks

Edited by mytoza

Guest Dazzozo

Hi Guys

I would like to just root my sons Vivacity, not debrand it or unlock it, just root it.

Could someone please point me to a guide on how to use ADB to push SU to the phone. I have googled it but their seems to be quite a view variations on how to achieve this including where the correct location is, some I have seen say push it to the /sdcard some say /xbin etc.

So I am left a bit confused (and worried) as to where the correct location to push to is.

Thanks

/sdcard would be pretty useless! It should go to /system/xbin.