stuck in boot?

Guest darren watson53

Guest darren watson53

hi guys, i'm after some help after i deleted the stock launcher .apk from the rom in bouncer5's unlock tutorial, thinking this would put an end to me having to choose between the normal launcher and launcher pro EVERY time i turned my phone on. Now, unfortunately, my phone wont get past the Google animation whatsoever and I don't have clockworkmod on my phone as it disappeared after i flashed the last rom so i cant simply just put on the fish n chips rom i've been thinking about. can anyone please give me any advice as to what I could do to sort this out. I have access to my girlfriends zte blade i can use for getting things on and off my SD card but other than that i have no clue what to do. cheers in advance guys.

Darren.

Guest domenico lamberti

hi guys, i'm after some help after i deleted the stock launcher .apk from the rom in bouncer5's unlock tutorial, thinking this would put an end to me having to choose between the normal launcher and launcher pro EVERY time i turned my phone on. Now, unfortunately, my phone wont get past the Google animation whatsoever and I don't have clockworkmod on my phone as it disappeared after i flashed the last rom so i cant simply just put on the fish n chips rom i've been thinking about. can anyone please give me any advice as to what I could do to sort this out. I have access to my girlfriends zte blade i can use for getting things on and off my SD card but other than that i have no clue what to do. cheers in advance guys.

Darren.

do you have a vivacity or a SF II ?

Guest darren watson53

sorry, its the sf2.

just to add, my girlfriend unplugged it from charging and it started up, using launcher pro? i turned it off then back on again to see if it would do it again, and it hasn't.......yet....

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

Your better using Titanium Pro to remove apps cos that does it safely. You should be able to use adb to push the apk back onto the phone but to be honest if you're not too proficient with all this stuff you might just be better off re-flashing the rom again.

Did you choose Launcher Pro (and tick to remember this option) as the default before removing the stock launcher?

Edited by PsYcHoKiLLa

Guest darren watson53

Your better using Titanium Pro to remove apps cos that does it safely. You should be able to use adb to push the apk back onto the phone but to be honest if you're not too proficient with all this stuff you might just be better off re-flashing the rom again.

Did you choose Launcher Pro (and tick to remember this option) as the default before removing the stock launcher?

I did use titanium to back up the launcher in case i needed to restore it, then remove it but now im still only getting the google screen. i have a feeling that no, i didnt have the box ticked to make launcher pro default and thats why im having this problem. i think now whats confusing me is; how do i re-flash the rom without being able to turn my phone on properly, without the laptop recognising it as a drive, and without it having clockworkmod recovery on it?? is it as simple as just putting a recovery image on my SD card then starting the phone holding down the volume - button?

Edited by darren watson53

Guest bladebuddy

You could try a tpt file making sure you have a rom zip on your sd card. It should reinstall cw recovery and then you can install a rom of your choice as long as it fits in your chosen system size.

Guest darren watson53

You could try a tpt file making sure you have a rom zip on your sd card. It should reinstall cw recovery and then you can install a rom of your choice as long as it fits in your chosen system size.

how would i go about dong this? i read about tpt's whilst flashing my girlfriends blade but I bottled out!

Guest domenico lamberti

go to here : http://android.modaco.com/topic/350343-alternative-way-to-flash-recovery/

click on 5.0.2.7 for the SF II

let it download

extract it

it should extract a folder called image

put the folder named image on the root of your SD card

shut the device off (battery pull)

start the device up holding the power button,vol+ button and the middle button

after the text has quickly flashed on screen and rebooted, hold down vol- and you should boot into ClockworkMod to flash any ROM of your choice, check this is right before doing it though, i could be wrong

Guest darren watson53

go to here : http://android.modac...flash-recovery/

click on 5.0.2.7 for the SF II

let it download

extract it

it should extract a folder called image

put the folder named image on the root of your SD card

shut the device off (battery pull)

start the device up holding the power button,vol+ button and the middle button

after the text has quickly flashed on screen and rebooted, hold down vol- and you should boot into ClockworkMod to flash any ROM of your choice, check this is right before doing it though, i could be wrong

thanks a lot mate, i might give it till tomorrow to see if anyone can add anything or make any corrections to the above procedure before i try it, just to be safe. would i have to also put whatever rom im using on the root of my SD card?

Guest darren watson53

thanks for the replies guys. I think I'll have a good nights kip and start tinkering with the phone tomorrow when i'm fresh. looking forward to trying the FnC rom i've been keeping an eye on for ages, if I manage to get that far..... cheers again.

Darren.