recovery.zip 4.31MB 166 downloads
1. Ensure you have adb access to your device. If you have followed a tutorial on the internet but it won't work, there is one trick needed for this phone. If you are on Windows, go to C:/Users/your_name_here/.android/ and open the file called adb_usb.ini. If it doesn't exist, create it. Ignore the warnings about editing the file, and insert "0x2314" without the quotes on a new line at the end of file. For linux/mac users, do the same thing but look for the file in ~/.android.
2. Open a terminal in location you downloaded the recovery.img and flash_image to. On windows 7, hold down shift and right click in the folder to do this (Open Command Prompt). Run the following:
adb push recovery.img /data/local adb push flash_image /data/local adb shell su cd /data/local chmod 777 flash_image ./flash_image recovery recovery.img exit exit
To boot into recovery, hold the info key while the phone boots, or use the following:
adb reboot recovery
Keymaps (what the buttons do)
- Volume up/down - move menu selection
- Info - select
- Play/Camera - go back
- Power short press - toggle menu
- Power long press - reboot
- mounting usb storage
I know there is already someone else who already ported this, but I like compiling things myself and the keymaps aren't very good in the other version.
Edit 1: Uploaded correct recovery.zip
Edit 2: Remove unnecessary file perms on flash_image
Edited by xpansive, 19 April 2012 - 10:06 PM.